Game Thread PLAYOFFS: ROUND 1, GAME 3: BLAZERS @ THUNDER - APRIL 19, 2019, FRIDAY, 6:30 PM , ESPN & NBCSNW

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Darkwebs, Apr 16, 2019.

?

Which other Playoffs series have you been watching?

Poll closed Apr 23, 2019.
  1. Warriors vs Clippers

11.9%
  2. Rockets vs Jazz

10.4%
  3. Nuggets vs Spurs

14.9%
  4. Bucks vs Pistons

1.5%
  5. Celtics vs Pacers

4.5%
  6. 76ers vs Nets

13.4%
  7. Raptors vs Magic

7.5%
  8. All of them

20.9%
  9. Just bits of others, here and there

44.8%
  10. None of them

17.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. James lamphear

James lamphear Well-Known Member

To me they kind figure out OKC in the 2nd half and I believe we have better 1st half Sunday to me I a predicting a win and we go home 3-1.

riverman, PCmor7, UKRAINEFAN and 3 others like this.
  2. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

It's not even a bet, its just a way to figure out who buys the Pizza/beer for round 2. That's all.

3. RSC60

RSC60 Active Member

The problem is role players always do really well at home. Ferguson and Grant will be on fire at home. Offense rebounds is killing us as well. I’m thinking game 3 was our best shot with how unconscious Lillard was and how giving okc seemed.

I’m thinking all home games will be won by the home teams and Blazers will have to wait till game 7 to take this

4. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

put the shirt on and look unified in color. If i had a beef with fans is they don't put the damn shirt on!!!

5. Blazers Roy

Blazers Roy Well-Known Member

Snap out of it.
    OKC won because of 2 things:
    1.They shot really well which is uncharacteristic. they shot historically bad in previous games.
    2.This was a classic "referee game". It's a miracle we were only down 6 in the middle of the 4th.

Those 2 conditions might happen again once, but we shouldn't be too pessimistic too early about them returning just yet.
    Just think about their previous showings in previous playoffs: Russ will be a hero for a game or two and non-shooters might make some shots for a game or two, but they play DUMB for the most part.

This game might work in our favor. OKC will be STUNNED if they won't get those calls and if those shots won't fall again even though they are playing at home again.

6. Blazers Roy

Blazers Roy Well-Known Member

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

hoopsjock and BonesJones like this.
  7. LayneStaley

LayneStaley Well-Known Member

Badass
    So PG pulled a Tony Parker huh? Pretty lame imo. I guess it’s hard to find girls these days when you’re young, famous, and rich.

hoopsjock, Chris Craig and kjironman1 like this.
  8. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

No. Dame might think he can do it but the eye test says he needs to get off the court. At least for a short break.
    Now can he play more minutes? To that i would say yes. PG is consistently playing 40+ minutes a game. Dame has played just over 36 minutes that last two games and he did get 38 minutes in game one.
    Stotts could try an adjustment there and he just might. Changing up the rotation a tiny bit and making them keep George on the court during the few minutes he does sit could have an effect. They relied pretty heavy on either Seth or Hood combined with CJ to continue to make some shots at home. Didn't happen in game 3 but it very well could have.

My biggest take from game three was that the shots were in fact there. Also if the Blazers did not sub out at the end the Thunder would have been held to 115 or so? The Blazers very well could have taken that game. I purposely am not going to blame refs or their effect as it will be the same in game 4. Maybe they can draw Scott Foster for a game 4 on the road? We are not the only home venue that does not like him and the way Westbrook taunts and baits he is the kind of player that Mr. Foster loves to stymie.

9. LayneStaley

LayneStaley Well-Known Member

Badass
    Also no one should be surprised we lost last night, ESPN told the world we were losing one of these road games when they announced the upcoming schedule. They had times set for the first FIVE games and never once said “if necessary”, you think the networks make more money on sweeps? Lol

HailBlazers and Chris Craig like this.
  10. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

Yep a short break would not hurt but giving him a few more probably would make sense. Did you happen to notice if Stotts left a time out on the board? I'm betting he did. Probably more so because it wasn't close enough at the end to use it but that would just make the point. Being in a very close game with no time outs is better than being in a game out of reach with two on the board right?

BonesJones likes this.
  11. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

Lets just put it this way - If burning a timeout helps Dame play an extra 2 minutes in the 4th, I'd do it.

12. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Seems the narrative is Timeouts are purely to stem the run of the opponent or to do playmaking/defensive adjustments.

Why cant timeouts simply be used for the guys on the court to take a breath and regroup?

I totally agree with you guys.

Chris Craig and kjironman1 like this.
  13. James lamphear

James lamphear Well-Known Member

I really had problems with just one ref and I don't know his name but he T up Stotts and he the one that Dame said something to at end of game. His attitude was just bad towards the Blazers last night.

Chris Craig likes this.
  14. SIeepwalker

SIeepwalker The lone sane poster

I remember when I was about 14 we had a real sick team and went undefeated all season. We were killing the other teams so most of our timeouts were "take a break" timeouts lol

kjironman1 and Orion Bailey like this.
  15. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    I can actually see both arguments. When I posted the question I was kind of mulling over how I felt about it.

Obviously you dont want to burn him out and having a guy out there that is in need of a break is a recipe for losing. To be fair even having him on the bench they finished closing the gap. The problem was when he came back in, his feel for the game never returned.

kjironman1 and Orion Bailey like this.
  16. UKRAINEFAN

UKRAINEFAN Well-Known Member

un-retired
    That's the problem; he usually makes the shot and the NBA has this thing where they don't like to call a foul on a made shot unless you really gt clobbered.

17. TBpup

TBpup Writing Team

Investment Management / Financial Planner
    Grant had 1 less point than Aminu, Harkless, Hood and Turner COMBINED....on 7 shots versus 24. There is your ball game. Turner has been MIA this whole series and Hood not much better. Stotts refuses to play Layman so that is what we are stuck with in games when one of their forwards shows up.

Orion Bailey likes this.
  18. UKRAINEFAN

UKRAINEFAN Well-Known Member

un-retired
    BTW, I still think Stotts should have left Hood in after he made a three, even though he then picked up his fourth foul. Would be very unconventional, but we need a confident Hood in this series. That was the first time in the series I saw Hood shoot a three with no hesitation.

Darkwebs and HailBlazers like this.
  19. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

N
    I think we get the next 2games.

kjironman1 and rotary111 like this.
  20. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

I saw that. Mentioned that earlier. They showed the schedule. Games 6 and 7 said if neccessary. Game 5 like 3 and 4 had no if neccessary next to it. The announcer who was talking about it said game 5 will be on Tuesday and gave the time and channel. That was early in the game long before it was decided.

I also noticed the commentators were sucking OKC's Dick all night, but seemed very worried because the Blazers kept coming back. You could hear it in their voices. These aren't OKC commentators, they are NBA/ESPN commentators. Why do they have to be so biased?