Game Thread PLAYOFFS: ROUND 1, GAME 3: GRIZZLIES @ BLAZERS - 4/25/15, SATURDAY, 7:30 PM (PST), ESPN & KGW

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Darkwebs, Apr 25, 2015.

?

Do you still believe the Blazers will come back to win the series?

Poll closed Apr 25, 2015.
  1. Absolutley

36.4%
  2. Maybe

36.4%
  3. No realistic chance

27.3%
  1. stampedehero

stampedehero Make Your Day, a Doobies Day Staff Member Moderator

Part Time Building Inspector
    I hate skinny Green. He flops like he has a personal force field. They should have sent him to the locker room for crap acting.

2. stampedehero

The Grizz can consistently penetrate and make assists. We are stinkin jump shooters.

3. rasheedfan2005

rasheedfan2005 Well-Known Member

Grizzly playing like warriors. I watched warriors game before ours and they did same shit grizzly did. Everytime we make a run they get a stop or we commit a stupid turn over next thing you know lead back to 12ish. Curry did that shit to pelicans too. Just hit dagger after dagger. either grizzly or warrior winning it all this year they play with no mercy.

Blazers to me are where warriors were. I think we are minor adjustments and maybe minor personel changes to a 60 win season. It takes a little luck too. Like not losing the toughest guy on our roster. I just hope the chemistry can be salvaged, it appears to be gone.

HailBlazers likes this.
  4. jlprk

jlprk The ESPN mod is insane.

retired, while you work!
    All we need is a shooter of the decade like Curry.

5. Blazinaway

Blazinaway Well-Known Member

WTF Lopez looked like a liability everywhere with his plodding feet and hands of stone, and Kaman was clearly hurt, no excuse IMO

6. Sinobas

Sinobas Banned User BANNED

Stotts system is supposed to have ball movement....at times the Blazers ball movement has been great, and they had the best offense in the league when they move it around. But lately, it's been stagnant.

7. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

.... no.

8. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

Last night, the flow offense had no flow. As I watched the game, I wondered how much we really miss Wes. Wes isn't a big assist man, but it seems like the ball movement has really ground to a halt without him. We don't seem to be getting those extra second and third passes that lead to wide open shots anymore.

I was at the game last night and haven't read the game thread so this may have already been mentioned, but I found it surprising that at the end of the game we had the EXACT same FG% as the Grizzlies. In fact, we attempted and made exactly the same number of FGs (both teams were 36/77, .468 GF%). Watching the game live, it sure seemed like we had to work a lot harder and took a lot more contested shots than MEM. They seemed to have much better ball movement and got a lot more open looks. So again, surprising we were able to match their FG%. A lot of that was Batum. He was very aggressive last night and looking for his shot.

Matching their FG% is even more surprising given we attempted 22 more 3-pointers than they did. On 2-point FGs, we were exactly .500 (25/50). We made 7 more 3FG than they did, but of course, they made 13 more FTs and that was the difference in the game. A lot of those FTs came in the last 2 minutes when we were fouling to stop the clock, but there were also some ridiculous fouls that went against us in the first half. It sure seemed like any questionable call that could go against us went against us. Again, I haven't read the game thread, but based on what I saw at the game, including the slow motion replays on the jumbotron, I'm guessing the officiating was a major topic last night. So much for home court advantage...

BNM

HailBlazers likes this.
  9. KeepOnRollin

KeepOnRollin Well-Known Member

Read it when you get a chance BNM. Someone posted something directly for you. Too bad they don't know how to work the tag like I do now! Haha. @Boob-No-More

10. Boob-No-More

Define "distance shots". In his entire 12 year NBA career, Chris Kaman has not made a single 3-pointer. He is a collective 0-20 in the regular season and 0-0 in the playoffs. Robin Lopez is equally futile from "distance". In his entire 7 year NBA career, he's 0-3 on 3-pointers during the regular season and matches Kaman's 0-0 from downtown in the playoffs.

Perhaps you haven't been paying attention, but Meyers Leonard lead the team in 3FG% the year and was 4-5 on 3-pointers in the first 2 games of this series.

I'm not proclaiming Meyers as our savior, but to claim Gasol "would have done the same with Leonard" doesn't add up. At the very least, Gasol would have had to guard Leonard out to the 3-point line, something he doesn't have to do with Kaman or Lopez, and that would have opened up the paint more for our other guys. Again, not claiming we would have won the game if Meyers had played more, but his ability to hit the 3, would have definitely changed the way MEM in general and Gasol specifically, played defense.

BNM

11. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

It's too logical. This is ALL TOO LOGICAL!!!

12. Boob-No-More

The 2-4 3-pointers was very uncharacteristic. The 3-6 FTS wasn't. We should have fouled him more. We should have went with the Hack-a-Calathes strategy - seriously. No one thinks to intentionally foul the other team's PG, becuase most PGs are good FT shooters. Calathes is not. As I mentioned in the series thread, Calathes' season and career free throw percentages are almost identical to Dwight Howard's. Every time Calathes touched the ball and we didn't foul him was a wasted opportunity to cut the Grizzlies lead.

BNM

13. ChadWick

ChadWick Portland's All-Star

Student
    Dame did so much talking before the series. What a joke. "It's hard to beat a team 8 times" "I'm gonna show up, just watch. I'm gonna show up." Dude got shit on by fucking Calathes.

14. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    Not over yet.

15. Boob-No-More

I get that all the cool kids are bashing Dame these days, but did you actually watch the game? Most of the shitting Calathes did was on Blake and C.J. He only scored once (a 3-pointer) when Lillard was guarding him.

BNM

16. stampedehero

Plodding feet..Hands of Stone Thats' great.

17. stampedehero

Blazers are no longer on the trail as they are on the Beaten path Damn!!!!!:shitstorm: