Game Thread PLAYOFFS - ROUND 2, GAME 2: BLAZERS @ WARRIORS - 5/3/16, TUESDAY, 7:30 PM (PDT), TNT

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Darkwebs, May 3, 2016.

?

Realistically, how many games do you see the Blazers winning in this series?

Poll closed May 3, 2016.
  1. 0

4.9%
  2. 1

36.6%
  3. 2

31.7%
  4. 3

2.4%
  5. 4

24.4%
  1. Dom McBlazer

Dom McBlazer Well-Known Member

Damn, that 4th quarter was SOOOOOOO frustrating to watch because we had that game in our hands. UGH! I may be in the vast minority, but I actually didn't have a problem with Lillard starting the 4th quarter on the bench. As far as I'm concerned, he could've started off cold and may not have gotten hot at all. In fact, the players could've at least matched them shot for shot. The defense that was amazing in the first quarter was nonexistent. Plumlee. Mason Plumlee. Smh man. If only he could score. I really hope we get a scoring big so Plumlee comes off the bench (which would be better for him).

As far as the Warriors are concerned, games like these make it hard to watch when refs need to get involved. I honestly have ZERO hatred for the Warriors (and the Spurs for that matter because I love Kawhi), but their fans.....need to be humbled BADLY. I surely hope we win games 3 and 4, but it seems very unlikely. Regardless, I'm still very proud of this team. I'm sure Olshey will handle his business during free agency.

BBert likes this.
  2. oldmangrouch

oldmangrouch persona non grata

Sorry to hear that. I am very much a "dawg" person...but I hate to see any animal suffer.

3. jlprk

jlprk The ESPN mod is insane.

retired, while you work!
    The Warriors outscored Portland 34-12 in the fourth quarter, allowing a Warrior playoff-low-tying point total for any quarter in the Shot Clock Era (since 1954). Their 22-point advantage in the fourth was the Warrior’s biggest margin in a playoff quarter since May 10, 1987, when Sleepy Floyd scored an NBA-record 29 fourth-quarter points against the Lakers.

Klay Thompson scored 10 of his 27 points in the fourth quarter and the Warriors defense stymied Portland to 5-of-19 shooting in the fourth quarter, which included a stretch when Portland went scoreless from 5:21 to 1:38.

4. KeepOnRollin

KeepOnRollin Well-Known Member

So I was wrong, it was actually BlazersEdge on Twitter.