Game Thread PLAYOFFS: ROUND 2, GAME 6: NUGGETS @ BLAZERS - MAY 9, 2019 - THURSDAY, 7:30 PM , ESPN

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Darkwebs, May 8, 2019.

?

If the Blazers were to advance, whom would you rather play in the next round?

Poll closed May 15, 2019.
  1. Rockets

64.7%
  2. Warriors

35.3%
  1. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired

I'll be sure to pm you with all the names. Apparently I'm not on your ignore list anymore. :biglaugh:

2. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

From the beginning of the year there were those that wanted Stotts and Neil fired and thats their prerogative, just give them credit when they excel above many team's year. They wouldn't even give them an opportunity to achieve. For me its the way its the ruthless criticism, with a lack of respect, but when things go right or we are humming, they change and get giddy until we lose a few.
    I didn't call everyone in here bandwagon fans, either, however there is a decent %.
    Im for people having their own opinions and even being critical but its should be offset once in a while with, wow maybe I was wrong or props to the GM or coach.
    There are those that have and I respect them very much.

Wherever there is fandom, you'll find bandwagon fans! when they are winning...

TorturedBlazerFan likes this.
  3. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

it's much easier to talk shit about strawmen then deal with actual points of view, and do so without resorting to distortions

4. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    Here's my question though, how many of the posters were here last year, even right after they got swept. Their fandom in the franchise didn't go away, we just wanted changes to be made. Saying were bandwagon fans because we didn't think they'd win game 6, didn't stop most of us (that I know of) from watching it. Game 7's are incredibly hard on the road and I'm not sure they can win it, but I'll still be glued to my TV hoping they can. I sure didn't think they would win game 6, game 5 it looked to me like they just hit a wall. Hardly any "regular" of this site or sites like it are bandwagon fans in my opinion. Even the "younger ones" have lived through a lot of tough losses, and you know what a lot of us have seen 0 Blazer championships and were still on here cheering and going on a roller coaster ride with the team.

Do I, and some of the posters on here go overboard with their dislike of individual players, coaches, GM's sure, and it's fair to keep us in check. I just really think to throw out the term bandwagon "fans" to a group of people who are literally not even old enough to have seen this franchise win a championship seems backward. It's not like we've jumped to Golden State Fandom...

5. Hoopguru

Fair enough I wasn't trying to label the mass as bandwagon fans. Just point out there are some that when things art looking great its all doom and gloom and fire everyone. Just my opinion., wasn't wanting to offend anyone.

6. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    Fair enough, and I'm not sure I'm offended, so much as it's like I really do have an emotional investment in this team and the franchise. I totally realize that it's annoying and frustrating for some when there's constant complaining.

Anyways, How is your knee doing?

7. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

Too scared to say it publically, I see.

8. maxiep

maxiep RIP Dr. Jack

Merchant Banker
    Man, the Blazer game can't get here soon enough. It will at least put a temporary end to the sniping in this forum for a couple of hours. Who cares who is a bandwagoner or not. Most of us love the Blazers and just want the best for them.

9. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    For what its worth Hoopguru is one of my favorite posters and I may not sound like it here, but I really appreciate his outlook on things.

10. Hoopguru

Doing well, just now walking without the use of a cane. It still gets swollen so i just ice it a couple times a day.
    Still doing PT twice a week and back to the gym riding bike and lifting some.
    Going to start our camping routine 1st part of June though August then couple weeks in Maui October. Then the right knee done in November.
    Thanks for asking.

11. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    Thats awesome. I may have to go that route on my right knee of a full replacement. I have been working out and trying to get in shape the 1st month or so was fine, but my right knee especially is at the point that I can hardly bend it without a lot of pain, been trying to stay active but its a pretty harsh routine just to get it to a point I can run for a bit. Its been bad.

Anyways! I hope your progress stays on point, sounds like you have a fun summer planned.

Last edited: May 12, 2019
  12. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    lol, yeah that's it. Please tell me why you need to know names so bad? The only thing that naming names is to escalate this into a big issue in the forum and I don;t plan on participating in this with you. Go find a fight with someone else. Nothing to find here.

13. Hoopguru

Sorry about that. If you have an Xray it will show if you are heading down that path as it usually pretty clear that you are close to bone on bone. If you start to see that you are getting bull legged that a true sign as the leg becomes deformed.

Last edited: May 12, 2019