Point Gaurd

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by pjcolpitts?, Aug 23, 2006.

1. pjcolpitts?

pjcolpitts? BBW Elite Member

Who is going to start at the point guard for this team? Dan Dickau? Jarrett Jack? Jaun Dixon? Sergio Rodriguez? I think I'd be more comfortable with Nate McMillan starting at the point position. Here's my view:Dan Dickau-Had 1 good season with the Hornets in 04-05, but has NEVER been able to stay healthy enough to keep a job or even keep in the rotation. I see him as an okay point guard, but i'd rather have him as a backup than a starter. Jaun Dixon- Is more of a shooting or combo gaurd. Isn't big enough to be a great shooting guard, but doesn't have great point gaurd skills. Like Dickau, i see him more as a backup combo gaurd. Jarrett Jack-He has the most potential out of the group, but i dont think he is ready to take the majority of the minutes. I think another year or so he'll be ready, but not now. Sergio Rodriguez-I'll be honest, I don't know enough about him to say what i think. From what I've read on him, he seems to be a really great at offense, and not so much on the defensive end. He is also really weak at 6-3 and 170 pounds. Doesnt seem ready to me. To me, it looks like They have 4 backup point guards and not 1 starting point gaurd. I wouldnt be suprised if Brandon Roy has to play some minutes here since he is a great playmaker himself. This is who i'd start, Dan Dickau. Although he isn't the most talented one of the four, he really doenst have to score that much since he has some talented (and SELFISH) players on the team. Randolph, Miles, Webster, and Roy that will score plenty of points. Dickau has a deadly 3 point shot that should help spread the defense since Randolph and Miles really dont have great outside shooting touches (Although Randolph is steadily improving).This is the lineup i think Nate will go with at the beginning of the season.C-MagloireF-RandplphF-MilesG-WebsterG-DickauBENCHC-Przybilla F-LaFrentz/AldridgeF-OutlawG-RoyG-Dixon/JackNow with saying that, I really hope McMillan does that, but i highly doubt it for some reason. I think he'll probably go with Jack. Like i said earlier, Jack is a talented player and all, but i dont think he is ready to start for the team. I'd rather have him come off the bench 1 more year.What do you guys think will happen?