Pokemon Go

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by SlyPokerDog, Jul 9, 2016.

1. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

So Thursday I started noticing people talking about Pokemon Go on Facebook and Reddit. Then Friday it was even more, Pokemon Go... Pokemon Go...

I was confused, I thought Pokemon was an old game. Why are people suddenly talking about it? Then I found out, oh.... it's an app. Why are people getting so hyped on an app? So being the hip and culturally current SlyPokerDog that I am I down loaded it.

And.... I caught I pokemon. Not impressed.

That was last night.

This afternoon I went to a friend's house for BBQ. Having a few beers and some food. Someone mentions Pokemon Go. So I showed them the app as best I could, someone else called their kid over there and explained something about different poke things and how you could fight them and all sorts of stuff that just went in one ear and out the other. But in checking the app and I could see there some poke thing a block over. Well naturally I have to catch it.

Now my friend lives in a nice pocket of houses on SE 84th ave. Yes, there are some nice areas over there, not many but a few. Anyway, in looking on the app I could tell this poke thing was on SE 82nd ave and... hey there is another one just a couple of blocks down from there.

So I leave the BBQ and start walking to 82nd, walk and walk, looking at my phone, getting closer to catching this poke thing... and it leads me to the parking lot of an 82nd ave motel. So I'm not exactly sure how to catch a poke in this app game, I'm tapping on the screen, trying to get it, when one of the hotel unit doors opens and out walks this absolutely haggered looking 30yr old women, short short skirt, black vinyl ankle boots, flimsy top and she starts walking towards me. I suddenly realize that, 1. this woman is an 82nd ave hooker and 2, she thiks I'm standing in the parking lot of this hotel to do something with an 82nd ave hooker.

It's then that it's hits be that I'm playing a kids game on a phone and a hooker is approaching me. A mix of panic and embarrassment washes over me as I stop trying to catch this poke thing and put my phone in my pocket right as this rather scary looking woman reaches me.

"Hi, what ya looking for?"

"Uhhh... nothing."

"You sure? We can party."

"Uhh... no, just looking for something."

"I can tell."

At this point I spin around and walk out of the parking lot back to 82nd ave. I start to head back to the BBQ when I realized that there was a 2nd poke thing not to far from there so I pull out my phone, open the app... and you guessed it, went off towards the 2nd poke thing.

Walk... walk... walk..

Finally I reach it, I start to tap the screen, trying to catch it, tapping, nothing, tapping, nothing, grrrr, tapping, tapping.

"What ya looking at?"

It's then I realize that she followed me. I spin around and the hooker from the hotel is standing right behind me.

She smiles, steps closer, I shudder, she is not attractive, but I'm also a little freaked out that a hooker has been following me along 82nd ave.

"I'm just looking for something. I gotta go."

I turn and started walking really fast back to the BBQ, Continually looking over my shoulder to make sure I wasn't being followed.

TL/DR

Tried to catch a Pokemon, instead ended up with a Poke Ho.

2. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

I really want to make a joke about you being old right now....

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  3. SlyPokerDog

4. SlyPokerDog

5. SlyPokerDog

Teen playing new Pokémon game on phone discovers body in Wind River

19-year-old Riverton resident Shayla Wiggins found the dead body floating in the Wind River this morning around 8:40 a.m. She's living with her mom Shawna Wiggins at the B&K Trailer Park for part of the summer.

Shayla tells County 10 that she woke up this morning and began playing a game on her cell phone called Pokémon Go, an augmented reality game that encourages the user to capture as many Pokémon as possible. "The Pokémon are all over Riverton," she said. Shayla showed County 10 the game on her cellphone which displayed a map of Riverton where these Pokémon are located.
    "I was trying to get a Pokémon from a natural water resource," she explained. She said that she jumped over the fence to go towards the river in search of a Pokémon.
    "I was walking towards the bridge along the shore when I saw something in the water," Shayla said. "I had to take a second look and I realized it was a body." She said the figure was floating about three feet from the shore and it looked like an average size male body. She reports that she thinks the man was native, but she can't be certain. She saw a black shirt and black pants. All of the body was reportedly submerged except for part of his back and butt.
    "It was pretty shocking," Shayla said. "I didn't really know what to do at first. But I called 911 right away and they came really quickly." Shortly after authorities arrived they took Shayla down to the scene where she had indicated she found the body.

http://county10.com/201021174044426...on-game-on-phone-discovers-body-in-wind-river

6. Natebishop3

At least this game is making kids get the fuck out of the house and move their limbs.

7. SlyPokerDog

And hookers!

8. Natebishop3

A bunch of stupid kids are going to die when they get hit by cars and then their parents are going to sue the game company because their kids are too stupid not to stare at their phones in the middle of the road.

Just watch.

Sly already tried to proposition a transvestite hooker!

Sedatedfork likes this.
  9. SlyPokerDog

She was too ugly to be a transvestite.

10. Natebishop3

So what you're saying is.... you find transvestites attractive?

11. SlyPokerDog

Umm... sure.

12. SlyPokerDog

I just lit some incense and caught a Rattata!

3.37g

13. SlyPokerDog

This incense is the shit! Just caught a Spearow.

Any idea of what to do with these things now that I caught them?

Oh sweet, level 2.

I still have no idea what is going on.

14. Natebishop3

I was gonna make a joke about you trying to be trendy.... but then I realized I have no fucking clue what's trendy anymore.

15. SlyPokerDog

Snapchat.

16. Natebishop3

Do kids still wear skinny jeans? Or did that go out of style?

17. SlyPokerDog

Best to ask @barfo.

Natebishop3 likes this.
  18. Natebishop3

Good thinking. He can reference all the photos he has taken of kids at high schools. He has an extensive collection.

MARIS61 and SlyPokerDog like this.
  19. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

1. Haven't finished this, but I feel like the TLDR is "I didn't catch any pokemon, but I did catch herpes"
    2. That moment when you are all talking about pokemon and you're the one who has it installed on your phone
    3. "Hi, What ya lookin for" - "I'm looking for a charizard or squirtle" - "Sorry honey, i'm not a squirter. But for $20 we can still have a fun time"

20. SlyPokerDog