Police tase and arrest a black man picking his kids up from preschool

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by SlyPokerDog, Aug 29, 2014.

1. The_Lillard_King

The_Lillard_King Westside

Police responded to call of a man sitting in an employee only area at a bank and refusing to leave. The officer was trying to figure out the situation trying to get both sides of the situation. This guy doesn't even have the decency to stop and talk to the officer but instead cuts her off all the time and lectures her while playing the race card.

The problem isn't that he is black, the problem is he is a jerk.

2. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

loitering while black. Class C Felony, I think.

3. 3RA1N1AC

3RA1N1AC 00110110 00111001

help what?

4. 3RA1N1AC

its not illegal to be a jerk

5. DaLincolnJones

DaLincolnJones Well-Known Member

I do agree, but no reason to hook you up.

I am pro police, but more pro constitution. I do not talk to cops, They are not your budies when they question you, they are looking for a way to arrest you. I do not let them in my house. I do not let them search my car. I have friends that were cops, they were the guys that opened my eyes as to what their motivations were.

6. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

He was being as aggressive to them. Not surprised it escalated.

7. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

Anything

8. DaLincolnJones

so? The area was mot marked as private, or in any way did it denote it was anything but public. Bank dude has an issue with a "black guy hanging around while doing nothing? For fucks sake he must really have a problem with the president..call the cops...

9. The_Lillard_King

True, but expected to get treated the way you treat others.

10. 3RA1N1AC

[video=youtube;6wXkI4t7nuc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc[/video]

11. The_Lillard_King

So cops get a call of a man refusing to leave a employee only area and are suppose to do nothing. She is just asking questions. Is it too much for this guy to stop and talk to this officer like a decent person?

12. 3RA1N1AC

to protect and serve

13. The_Lillard_King

common sense

14. Minstrel

Minstrel Top Of The Pops Global Moderator

User Interface Designer
    El Presidente is an adorable statist. He believes that state law enforcement should be allowed to harass anyone they like and anything short of subservience is asking to be arrested.

We used to have a poster named Xericx who was all "Fuck the man!" and "The state needs to get out of our way!" Xericx felt that overbearing state power was the road to serfdom. He would have hated El Presidente. ;)

15. DaLincolnJones

sure, man, I get your POV, I dont think I would have responded so strongly, or maybe I would. If there is no sign saying that it was a private area, and I had done nothing to warrant being harassed, I would have also demanded to know what they were jacking my up for. The second cop was all about being a fuck head. Period. I think you guys all know I dont think the race card should be a part of the conversation in most cases. I this case I think race was the issue. I dont think that the treat a white, or Asian cat in a business suite the same way.

16. The_Lillard_King

I agree the second officer was way too aggressive. He tried to get the guy to stop and talk but as soon as he reached out for the guy and he told him to keep his hands off him, I knew things were going to go down.

But I don't think the first officer was harassing. She doesn't know if there is a sign, if where he was was clearly not a place for the public or anything. That is why she is asking questions.

My guess is a white or Asian cat in a business suit stops, answers the cops questions and treats her with respect. They wear that business suit for a reason.

17. The_Lillard_King

Let me say this: if people want to live by the creed of not being cooperative with the police and exercising their constitutional rights, there is nothing wrong with that. That is a choice they get to make in this country. But for people who decide to live that way, why not do it in a civil manner. It's your constitutional right to tell an officer to fuck off if stopped . . . but why not just stop, answer whatever questions you think appropriate or just say "officer I'm not going to answer any questions, if you have reasons to arrest me then arrest me, if not I'm going to go on my way." Why turn your constitutional rights life into being a jerk to law enforcement. You may one day be calling them to help you with a situation.

DaLincolnJones likes this.
  18. DaLincolnJones

yeah, I suppose. I have been the guy in a suite, I have also been the guy with a ponytail and a scoot. I dont like being tailed for fifteen miles, or fucked with because of the way I look, and I have the ability to change my look at will. A black guy cant just cut his hair and receive respect from the cops.

19. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    My guess is if it was a white guy or an asian guy, under similar circumstances, it's doubtful anyone would've called the police in the first place, OR they would've just said "This is an area reserved for employees of the banks only, so you'll have to find another place to sit"

20. DaLincolnJones

well said and repped

and I am making the assumption that A) he was a black guy in a predominately white area. B) His claim that he was there to pick up his children fell on deaf ears because if the statement was true, it would have been unusual based upon race C) His indifference to their authority and false scene of security in his civil rights is what really got him in trouble D) Had he acted the same in a black area, this would not have happened

What say you?

The_Lillard_King likes this.