OT Police vs Americans

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by SlyPokerDog, Apr 14, 2017.

1. H.C.

H.C. Well-Known Member

To me theres more to it than just becoming passive sheep.
    How many people on this flight were traveling with family members or a child who were relying on them?
    Not trying to give an excuse as to why no one did anything. But there are other things to consider than your own safety if you decide to stand up and be heard.

2. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon Just to piss you off.

What a bunch of crap, Sly. I know you're smarter than this.

It's standard procedure in most instances involving a combative subject to evacuate the premises so that other people don't get hurt. A person that violates security to run back on to an aircraft that he has already been removed from is considered a danger to himself and to others.

If they let people just remain in their seats, and this guy runs back on to the plane, with the cops chasing him, and another passenger gets hurt....what's your excuse for that?

This whole "cops should let him go" bullshit is getting out of hand. People...this is reality, and that is NOT how reality works.

In as far as being "frightened" by what the cops wear, the public needs to get over it. It's very convenient to carry the tools of your job in a vest that was designed for it. Cops carry a TON of shit, since they are basically a walking office for 10 hours a day. Get over it.

MARIS61 likes this.
  3. stampedehero

stampedehero Make Your Day, a Doobies Day Staff Member Moderator

Part Time Building Inspector
    They can snap any moment. I remember about 14 years ago cops in this one county were corralling motorists because they cut through a convenience store lot. When they marshalled us into a shopping mall lot, the entrance drive cop was so angry and vile that he was ready to dis charge a weapon. I acted non chalant but if I had confrontation he would have beat me up. They can snap. They consider us their burden under stressful conditions.

4. Cippy91

Cippy91 Habitual Line Stepper

This isn't how most people are. They talk big talk so over the Internet and virtue signal but when a problem arises they don't do anything, people just take out their phones and record because they know it will get hits or retweets, equals more interviews and exposure for them. A lot of people I come encounter with these days are about THEM. Selfish and it's sad.

Jade Falcon likes this.
  5. Cippy91

Cippy91 Habitual Line Stepper

People forget that cops are people too. There are a lot of corrupt one and past and present. Always hasn't been. There are also a shit load of good cops and it's become this us against them mentality which is dangerous. When cops see other cops getting gunned downed in Dallas or wherever and they have a family and want to come home to them, they might be a little more on edge and trigger happy when shit goes down and people refuse to see the cops side. I wouldn't like to see some of these people who complain about cops to put themselves in a cops situation. What would they do when somebody is being resistant and puts their hand in their pockets? I mean it's just getting uglier and that's because of this whole us vs them mentality people have created

Jade Falcon likes this.
  6. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

You yourself have said that you haven't seen the videos and refuse to watch them.

This was hardly a situation with someone being combative. No one was in danger of being hurt. He was not a threat. He did nothing that was against the law. He was a little asian man who was on the phone with United Airlines trying to resolve this when airport security came up and fucked this dude up. Broken nose, two front teeth knocked out, concussion, in the hospital for 3 days. This terrible person was dragged from the plane bleeding and unconscious.

I know you're pro police but the police here were 100% in the wrong. The only person who is claiming otherwise is you and you are doing it while admittedly refusing to see all of the facts.

7. Jade Falcon

He ran back on to a plane (private property), on Federal property (an airport), AFTER being removed. And you think they should.....what, exactly? You didn't answer me that.

But that's typical of the emotional Left on here: they NEVER have a reasonable answer for what should REALISTICALLY be done in cases like this involving the police. Never. They never have an answer. They ALWAYS base their logic on emotions.

I look forward to the day when I get you to defend me running naked through the Federal Building in downtown. I've always wanted to do it. Thankfully, I'll have you to defend me, so it will be okay.

And it will be okay to do because I FEEL that it's okay to do.

See how that works?

8. rasheedfan2005

rasheedfan2005 Well-Known Member

Agreed on this one. I left a security gig at a hospital because they didnt want to provide vests bht they wanted us to sit at the front door and control crowds when we had gun shot victims. Um sorry but you dont want to protect me because of image but you're willing to put my life in danger with no extra compensation. Deuces.

Cops monitor local social media and theres nothing like seeing posts from people about killing cops and shooting them for sport to make a guy a bit paranoid. Give them all the protection they need, it will lower stress and make them less likely to explode. Im not making excuses for brutality, it's wrong. But communities expect a lot from cops and dont give them much in return. Except taco bell, they give 50% off. Good shit taco bell!

Jade Falcon likes this.
  9. Jade Falcon

This. Well said. We "get it" because of our experience.

Those that don't "get it" don't get to decide for police/corrections/security what is best for them. That's not how it works.

Otherwise, if it was up to Joe Civilian what was best for cops, they'd all be unarmed with 19th century batons as their only choice of protection.

Or, if they were real lucky....6-shot revolvers with one speed-loader.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
    rasheedfan2005 likes this.
  10. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Dude got the fuck beat out of him because he jaywalked, and removed his coat to show he had no weapons. That cop attacked him without provocation.

All for jaywalking

11. rasheedfan2005

Taking off the coat could have been interpreted as a sign of aggresion. You also dont know if this person has a history with the local police. Again, not making excuses, but sometimes you have to take into account you dont know the whole story before making snap judgment emotional decisions.

Jade Falcon likes this.
  12. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Only if you're a bull.

[​IMG]

13. rasheedfan2005

Have you ever been in a street fight? People take their shirts off before they throw blows. Why? i dont know, but it happens all the time.

Jade Falcon likes this.
  14. Jade Falcon

So you're saying in this case the bull gored the matador in the ass?

15. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

I take off my gloves. A true gentleman would challenge to a duel.

[​IMG]

rasheedfan2005 likes this.
  16. riverman

riverman Writing Team

blood stains are hard to remove...that's why they box bare chested...always have..back in the day a guy probably had one set of clothes

RipCityDSCPL and rasheedfan2005 like this.
  17. Jade Falcon

Be a man! Use some steel!

[​IMG]

18. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    I am afraid, even if you could make that magic helmet to stop the 7.62 round, a man would be dead for the shock anyway. Well over 2500 lbf of energy instantly stopped and absorbed
    is way too much for the human anatomy to absorb. Perhaps a helmet 4' in diameter might be made of absorbent composite. (jest)

Jade Falcon likes this.
  19. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Still doesn't give the right to the officer to take the guy down (guy didn't resist) handcuff him then beat the shit out of him with a billyclub why he's on the ground his hands behind his back. I know there are good cops. That cop is not one of them. He abused his power, he commited a crime, and he got fired because of it. He's lucky he's not in jail like any other person would have been.

20. rasheedfan2005

Like i said. No excuses for his behavior. But there could be more to the story.