Poll: How Many Games does POR Need to Win in the Series for Terry Stotts to Save His Job?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Boob-No-More, Apr 20, 2018.

?

How Many Games do the Blazers Need to Win in this Series for Terry Stotts to Save His Job?

1. 0 - His job is safe - for now

19.1%
  2. 1 - The Gentlemen's Sweep will wash away the memory of just how badly we got our asses kicked.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 2 - Pull within 3 -2 and make a series out of it.

17.0%
  4. 3 - Come back from down 3-0 to force a 7th game and all will be forgiven

12.8%
  5. 4 - Coming back to win this series is the ONLY way Stotts is brought back for another year.

27.7%
  6. Doesn't Matter, He's a dead man walking

23.4%
  1. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

Thanks!

2. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

Well those disclaimers count for sure. My statement is they are just as valid as a week ago. There is only so much being in favor of the players does for any coach. On that we agree.

3. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

Yeah, the players want to play for Stotts because they're able to shoot any shot they want and do whatever they want on the court with any level of accountability.

And if management caters to that, then we need to replace many more jobs than just Stotts'.

bodyman5000 and 1 likes this.
  4. BonesJones

The argument of "The players like Terry Stotts so therefore he will/should be kept" is ridiculous.

A coaches job is not to be liked.

bodyman5000 and 1 and Reep like this.
  5. kjironman1

Really the ridiculous argument is the one you just made. Players do not perform at that level for a coach they dislike. Do you really want me to give you instances? Really? Through the years how many coaches lost their teams and lost everything. Go ahead. Fire Stotts and hire Rivers. See what that gets you.

6. kjironman1

Actually i can even believe i responded to that garbage. Losing all respect for you Bones..... You know better than that.

Lanny likes this.
  7. Duckhook

Duckhook Well-Known Member

Austin Rivers???

8. BonesJones

Wrong.

Players do not perform at that level for a coach they don't RESPECT. You think Popovich is liked? You think Popovich is buddies with all his players? No. But they respect him as a coach, so they play hard for him.

I played for a coach I respected in high school, and a coach I liked but didn't really respect in college. Let's just say, I would play harder and at a higher level for my high school coach because he held his players to a level of accountability that we needed and we were both chasing the same goal, so I respected him.

You can give me all the instances you want. In all of them, the players didn't respect their coach, it had nothing to do if the player and coach we're best friends or not.

Who the hell said Doc Rivers? Nobody respects him. His players certainly don't.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
    bodyman5000 and 1 likes this.
  9. BonesJones

KJ, don't be dumb. You're arguing that a coach should be kept because he's liked because he doesn't hold players accountable and who's doing a poor job. You're losing respect for me because I disagree with that?

We better go find the most likable guy in the world and hire him as head coach, since that's what matters. Then everyone can be friends!

Hobbesarable likes this.
  10. Hobbesarable

Hobbesarable Cartoon Character

:lol:

BonesJones likes this.
  11. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

If the Blazers were to somehow miraculously get up off the mat and fight back to a game 7..... they might keep him. But the team has looked SO bad that anything less than that is probably not enough.

BonesJones likes this.
  12. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Sigh!

I can't not think of a reason to keep Stotts. Many reasons not to keep him, but what will Allen do? He would already be gone if the owner wanted a winner. I am afraid the owner is making money and the Stott's price is in that game.

DaLincolnJones likes this.
  13. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

I agree with @BonesJones. Players don't like a winning coach, they respect him. The Spurs players don't like pops, they respect him, they are scared of him. That's how it should be. The Lakers players didn't like Phil Jackson. Hey at least Rivers will yell at the refs

bodyman5000 and 1 and BonesJones like this.
  14. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Stotts is gone. Someone has to take responsibility for this giant stinking pile of shit, and that will be Sotts

BonesJones likes this.
  15. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Stotts has allowed the inmates to run the asylum. Dame and CJ have zero accountability. I love those guys, but they have the greenest of green lights, and it hurts the team. We have a horrible assist percentage. They take bad shots. They don't pass the ball. They don't look for the open teammate, and that's how you get the shitty offense that we have right now against NOP. They swarm Dame and we just crumble.

16. BonesJones

The problem is.. Our set offense doesn't provide anything better. All ball movement occurs in scramble situations where players are fully improvising, as there's little to no structure or principals put in place to facilitate ball movement.

We're more talented than people think. Nurk played like an All-NBA Center over the 2nd half of the season on both sides of the floor. 21ppg per 36min on around 55% shooting. CJs still a great scorer, and Dames probably a top 6 or 7 offensive player in the league. Moe shot 40% from 3pt. Aminu shot around 40% almost the entire season. You had other guys that could step up off the bench and provide scoring. It was a product of talent, not system.

WillG, HailBlazers and Chris Craig like this.
  17. Chris Craig

Then we get to the playoffs and give up on each other. Since Lillard has been a Blazer, other than the Clippers and Houston series, the Blazers have shit the bed, not winning more than a game against teams that eliminated us. Blazers are not a playoff team.

18. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    And the stats back you up. Pretty plain when you look at the stats, how to set up a defense for this team.

Chris Craig likes this.
  19. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    I think we should put the cart before the horse. I would like to have a line on a potential replacement (coughbudenholzercough) before letting him go.

Whichever, we need to be quick. Looks like the Knicks are going after Budenholzer.

20. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    "Entrepreneur and philanthropist Paul G. Allen has owned the Portland Trail Blazers for 29 years, and during that time the Trail Blazers have achieved at levels that few NBA teams have surpassed."

On Paul Allens website. Anyone see anything wrong with this message?

http://www.nba.com/blazers/paul-allen

bodyman5000 and 1 and BonesJones like this.