Politics Portland Antifa attacks, sends journalist to the hospital

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by santeesioux, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Road Ratt

Road Ratt King of my own little world

Is there a video of him actually getting hit by anything at all?

2. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

3. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

4. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

It's not 100%, but it is close.

Right. He might have been disappointed in his quest for victimhood, but this time he wasn't.

I'm making no attempt at all to justify anyone being violent towards him. He is responsible for his actions, and they are responsible for theirs.

You can surrender if you want, it's your choice, just like it was his choice to put his face in front of people who made the choice to punch it.

barfo

5. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Your posting is to defend Antifa and minimalize thier actions by stating the victim chose to be a victim.

Flawed logic on so many levels.

Then everyone chooses to be a victim everyday for stepping out of their home. Might get hit by a car crossing the street. They chose to.

EVERYONE choses everything. Stop minimalizing this. Just stop.

6. Road Ratt

Road Ratt King of my own little world

And yet, still no video of him getting hit by anything at all. In none of those videos does it actually show him getting hit with a milk/cement shake.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  7. barfo

Sure, his choice to attend/participate in a riot is analogous to someone stepping out of their house.

I'm not defending antifa. I've stated numerous times now that they should be held accountable.

You are defending his choice to provoke violence.

If I walked into a biker bar and called everyone pussies and queers, I'm guessing I might get beat up. You'd say it was all the fault of the bikers, right? I'd have zero responsibility for my actions, since I didn't throw any punches?

barfo

8. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Attending protests isn't provocation. Another fundamental flaw in your post.

Did he walk into the protest saying anything? He is merely there capturing the events on video.

Just stop. you ARE defending the actions. I don't care if you say they should be held accountable when you say that NGO was provoking them in the same sentence.

So your rational is that anyone who has an opposing viewpoint and states as much on social media as a reporter, should then steer clear of activities of those he doesn't support because he would be provoking them into violence??????????????

stick and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me...

Unless i'm a snowflake antifa member that is............

9. barfo

Provoking is provocation though.

Right. And probably he was helping little old ladies across the street when he was attacked.

Ok... then I won't bother repeating it once again. Since you aren't able to grasp the concept that I think both sides are at fault.

I've said those things in difference sentences.

I'm saying he certainly should have, and probably did, expect violence if he got within punching distance. Yet he chose to do so.

barfo

10. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Your posts are irrational. Ill just leave it at that.

Should expect violence...

SMH.....

On that note, I should expect nonsense posts from you too then.

Clearly never going to find some middle ground as long as you place blame on the reporter for being violently attacked while at a protest the reporter doesn't support.

That's just ridiculous, and basically along the lines of thinking that is ruining our country.

You argue semantics and I argue black and whites. Sentence... breath... paragraph. You clearly win the" Argue the irrelevant points and dismiss the meat of the statement" award.

11. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

@barfo I just want to add, that I DO like debating with you. Just not on this round. :)

12. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Well I guess I would rather not bumble into the Antifa bunch when I go downtown, but I suppose I might.
    Then from that I gather, I will likely get punched because I bumbled in.
    So I suppose a proper preemptive plan is in order.
    Do these dumb asses always wear Black?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  13. barfo

You don't think one should expect violence at a riot? Seems... irrational.

Clearly we are not going to find middle ground, since you think he's pure as the driven snow and probably will be elevated to sainthood sometime very soon.

So you don't believe in personal responsibility? SAD!

Yeah, there's the problem right there. The world isn't black and white. It's 50 Shades of Grey.

I'm not even sure what you think the meat of the statement is, in this case. Is it that Ngo is blameless? Or that antifa is evil?

barfo

14. barfo

Sometimes we just have to do things we don't like...

barfo

Orion Bailey likes this.
  15. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

I thinks its irrational to equate a protest as a riot.

I never once said he was pure. However i did say he is a journalist who, as far as i know, has never been aggressive or violent while attending these “ralleys”. But when people with opposing views sees him within thier midst, the initiate violence on him.

I do believe in personal responsibility. I have not seen Gno acting irresponsibly in any video. If he were, i would expect him to own up to it.
    Having an opposing viewpoint and showing up to a protest to protest it, has been the game of protesting from the get go.
    However, those who initiate violence condemn their own agenda, and should be held accountable for their actions.

The world is. Not everything within it is. Like how those who initiate violence against a non aggressive individual being anything other than wrong.

The meat of the statement is no one should try to deflect or minimize the violence by pointing at Gno and saying he is part to blame or responsible.

16. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    No doubt.
    And if Sly is right, this guy is attacked every time this Antifa trash shows up, then the mere presents of their asses on the street should trigger a response by law enforcement to get their proven untrustworthy butts off the street.

Orion Bailey likes this.
  17. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

The thing about Antifa is they believe in violence, as a way to deter people, I heard the leader of Rose Antifa say,they need to be the aggressors, in interview.
    That reporter could have been standing 5 blocks on a corner and they would have sought him out.
    The Portland Mayor has not managed this well at all, imo. He's more interested in procurement of several hundred honey buckets.

Orion Bailey likes this.
  18. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Did the civil rights movement of the 60’s come about by using violence?
    Even in the midst of government law enforcement using violence against the protestors, they by and large remained peaceful. And it worked!

What antifa is doing is actively instigating violence and they have no idea the ramifications of achieving their apparent agenda of anarchy.

Its not even that i disagree with some of their viewpoints. But when they break the law, block traffic and harass innocent people simple trying to move on with their day... when they mask their face to remain unidentifiable and vandalize property, they lose their voice. I dont giVe a shit if they are right or wrong.

Two wrongs never make a right.

Hobbesarable likes this.
  19. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

amen!

20. barfo

Well, it was something more than a protest. I think the cops called it a 'civil disturbance', is that acceptable?

So which is it? Is he a journalist, or a protester?

Well, I've not defended antifa. All I've said about them is that they (whoever threw the punches) should be prosecuted. I suspect we actually agree completely about that.

There's no law of conservation of blame. The fact that Ngo acted irresponsibly doesn't make the guys who punched him any less criminally liable.

It was your statement that Ngo is an 'innocent' that I've been arguing with. You seem to think admitting that he's anything less than innocent (in the non-legal sense) means that the punchers are something less than guilty. That isn't the case.

barfo