Free Agent Portland Mayor Chooses Oakland Officer as Next Police Chief

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by HailBlazers, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Cippy91

Cippy91 Habitual Line Stepper

because I am tired of people being hired based on gender and race. Look at every headline. "Portland gets first african woman police chief". I mean they play it up in the media and everything. Just say shes a new police chief. Maybe you should question the powers that be more than someone like me. Seems to me white guilt actually occurs in these sorry ass progressive whites because they try so fucking hard to make sure they don't look racists meanwhile people like me just give my opinion honestly because I know I am not racist and I am not scared of what people think. It's an opinion

2. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

So you assume why she was hired (shit white people NEVER have to deal with) and your pissed about it... And for what? NOTHING.

Why is it most conservatives save @PtldPlatypus seem to think they know what others think and feel and why they make decisions?

It's like, a black man is killed by police and y'all say, "there's nothing to indicate that it was because of race".

Then a Black person is hired and y'all say "It's because of their race"...

YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS.....

3. Cippy91

I question why Ted Wheeler is the fucking mayor at all, dude is the cuck of all cucks. I am not pissed at all. I am not a conservative. It's true that if a black person is killed by police that it doesn't have to be about race. That's you thinking that black people are being hunted for whatever reason. A lot of people assume in those situations, it's nice to research and also know why the person may have been shot by police whether wrong or right. White people get killed by cops too. The media just likes to race bait so all they talk about are the black ones. When I see someone gets shot by cops, I first look into the situation, what happened before or to lead up to it? does this person have a past of bad behavior where it would be possible that he/she was being hostile or violent towards the cop? did the person reach in their pockets after being told not to? I mean shit that's a complex thing. I don't think she was hired for her race but you gotta remember it's fucking Portland. This is what Portland does, they try to be ultra progressive. I brought ted wheeler into this many times and you didn't say shit about him. So focused on race.

4. JFizzleRaider

JFizzleRaider Sad Panda Global Moderator

We could just hire Tiger Woods and call it a day. He isn't a woman, nor religious, but he is Cablinasian.

5. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Hey--keep my name out yo' mouf!!

Oh, wait... I see what you were saying. Carry on...

SlyPokerDog and dviss1 like this.
  6. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Everyone should take the time to read this bullshit. It would be hilarious but it's not because people really think this way...

You ask all those questions when a black person is shot but when one is hired you go right into thinking you know exactly why.... :dry:

You don't understand you YOU'RE race bating when you do that.

7. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Was there a thread when ANY other police chief was hired???

Exactly....

8. Cippy91

I'm not though. I question everything. is this woman qualified? how has she dealt with things in the past? was this a diversity move on Portlands end? open your eyes. read the headlines. AFRICAN WOMAN BECOMES FIRST PORTLAND POLICE CHIEF. Wow Portland looks so great and progressive. Like damn they are really playing everybody. Never said she wasn't qualified but of course I question this shit after some of the most crazy bullshit I have heard from Ted wheeler and how protests were dealt with earlier in the year, essentially letting idiots destroy the city. I watched the livestreams after Trump won. No cops in sight and these fucks were destroying the pearl of all places. That's not doing a good job to me.

9. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Penny Harrington's husband imported cocaine with the owner of Rickshaw Charlie's.

dviss1 likes this.
  10. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

The first protests occurred immediately after the election. Wheeler didn't take office until Jan. 1st of this year.

H.C. and dviss1 like this.
  11. Cippy91

I said earlier in the year. The protests continued for quite a while. Every time the police arrived too late in my opinion. Absolutely no control

12. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Wait, so you were there at the protests?

Because I was and it was COMPLETELY calm until police came....

13. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    err, what did you have in mind?

PtldPlatypus likes this.
  14. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

I trust your ability to think of something.

15. Cippy91

Uhhh no i wasn't. I watched streams of it from local people, mostly from this ultra left guy Cameron Whitten because he would stream it from the start to finish. Don't start twisting things saying police started it. Clearly if you go back and watch the videos there were a shit load of those antifa people really bringing on the situation. Throwing shit, putting stuff in the middle of the road, etc. That calls for police to act and it took them too long for one each time because Wheeler loves letting these little babies on the streets cry for nothing because it's a meaningless protest. Then when the cops come and throw some tear gas out, everybody complains and says it was out of line which you know, the ultra left are the ultimate victims. Reality is they pushed the situation and cops controlled it with tear gas. This happens in every protest I have watched and I make sure to watch all the live streams from ferguson to baltimore, etc. The people always push the cops.

16. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

You don't know what you're talking about. You don't have a clue and 90% of what you say on this forum is conjecture.

I walked through the protests and there were people singing and being peaceful. I got a shush from one lady because she was trying to hear her Rabbi speak.

I got a hug from another random white lady who just hated the fact that Trump won. She was crying.

YOU. WEREN'T. THERE.

I WAS.

What you "saw" was whatever news outlet you subscribe to, telling you how to think.

17. Cippy91

lol okay so now you are telling me what I saw. Dude, go look up Cameron whitten, he is black and gay. He is the most left wing dude ever, I actually found him annoying while watching but the local news livestream was garbage and this cameron dude was on the ground and talking to people, he was in the thick of it and I watched the whole thing. Put what I saw in quotes like come on yeah I am just making it up. Get over yourself, I was watching.

18. JFizzleRaider

JFizzleRaider Sad Panda Global Moderator

I have been downtown during protests. Not because i wanted to be.

It's a chicken or the egg situation.

Protester: "that cop looked at me funny!" WHOOSH as he throws a pepsi can at the cops head.

Cop: "When are these fuckers gonna do something bad so I can legally tackle someone"

To be fair, the earth day protest was completely calm and all cops there were extremely friendly. So i'm gonna call bullshit on this just being the cops.

19. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

Wow, jumped to the end of this thread...going well.

Cippy91 likes this.
  20. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    What was the Mayors goal?
    Perhaps he is behind the curve. Hispanics seem to be the major minority in Portland. With this trend, wouldn't a Latina be the trendy Chief?
    Apparently the Hispanics are way under representative in the force also.

http://www.portlandonline.com/portlandplan/index.cfm?c=52257&a=288623

Aw well, maybe after the next election, or riot.