OT Portland Restaurant Ends Tipping, Adds Service Charge, Raises Wages/Bennies

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by ABM, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    I tip extra heavy for organizations like Door Dash. They are out there during Covid-19 and I appreciate that. Also food deliveries are delivering on weekends and after hours so I increase my base tip to tip and a half or double tip depending. Then we add for the Covid thing. My mother once worked as a waitress to put food on our tsble and a roof over our head and received lousy tips and now that will never happen to anyone serving me. Hell, we tip the lawn care, mailman and maid nice tips.
    I have a brother-in-law who is cheap cheap cheap. I once went to a restaurant and he tipped less than 5% and exclaimed that they were happy to get that. Since then, we always do the tipping when we are together with him. Talk about a cheap Charlie.

2. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Under DeepState/Communism/Fascism, people aren't permitted to treat individual people the way each person should be treated. There's no simple praise, token gift, or act of personal gratitude that isn't forbidden by the Ruling Oligarchy, and ridiculously labeled as racist or elitist in order to shame the populace into subservience. Businesses owners that participate in these shams don't get my $.

3. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    The deep state is real and it is hiding a very live John Kennedy. It is also aiding Hilary Clinton in her efforts to enslave children for the sexual pleasures and perversions of wealthy Democrats. And let's not forget how it is cheating in elections in favor of Democrats. There is only one solution and it is fighting for your rights and the second Amendment.
    Oh, come on Maris, this is already widely known.