Portland Signs Georgios Papagiannis to a 10-Day Contract

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by BonesJones, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

With the way Stotts runs things, I think we will see Nurk and Collins at the 5, Collins with some minutes at the 4, Aminu at the 4, and Hark will ve some minutes at the 4. Hell we may see small ball lineups with Hark and Aminu at the 4 and 5

DUB likes this.
  2. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Man I hope not. Small ball only works if you have serious length and elite defense. I don’t think we have either at the time. We have good to great d, but not elite. And our length is less than average.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    Chris Craig likes this.
  3. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

That is why I think the Blazers should let Papa go and get another experienced big

Orion Bailey likes this.
  4. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

You were an oden apologist until the bitter end, weren’t you?

5. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

An "Oden Apologist" is what exactly? Someone that wanted him to play? Someone that wanted him to play well? Someone who wanted him to be a great center? Someone who wanted him to be an All Star?
    Exactly what is an Oden Apologist exactly?

BBert and riverman like this.
  6. Natebishop3

Refusing to accept reality that he was never going to develop into anything. There were people who were upset that we got rid of him because they were still clinging to the dreams of him becoming the player we were promised. At some point you have to see the forest for the trees. When he hadn’t played in a year and suffered another injury setback, that was the end of the line for me. But some people still wouldn’t accept it. I suspect riverman was one of those people.

7. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I really don't understand what Oden's path has to do with Pappa Gs at all...other than a stab at my view that the kid is a project....Oden was a starter...number one pick....I think every Blazer fan on the planet wanted Oden to join Roy and Aldridge and make us a contender....Oden pissed me off after his second rehab...had fingers crossed after his first...then I gave up on the kid early..again…his off court behavior after having surgery was the end for my Oden hope...drinking while he was supposed to be recuperating...you're .kind of looking for a failure by comparison to what point? Observation and speculation are hardly refusing to accept reality....some might say blanket pessimism is refusing to accept reality..to each his own

Cheese22 likes this.
  8. Natebishop3

You seem to be a guy who treats these players like your kids. I mean... it has been SIX YEARS for Meyers and you're still defending him.

9. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I'm not defending Meyers....I saw improvement last year...and why wouldn't I want to see more improvement this year? He's on his last year of his contract...we need a center...he can take Ed's minutes and contribute ..I'm hopeful he does but I've never said he didn't suck for 4 years...he did. Last season he honestly didn't suck....I think it's just fans picking at a scab that really want him to fail..why, I don't know...maybe because he looks like Leave it to Beaver..let his play on the court prove me wrong...the best thing for the team is for him to have some trade value and that only comes with success on the court early in the season.

10. Natebishop3

He isn't. He has two years left.

I don't want him to fail. I'm tired of him. I'm tired of his redemption story every summer. I'm tired of his contract. I'm tired of how he plays the game. I'm totally fine writing someone off and not caring about them, but if he wasn't being paid a ton of money I probably could return to not caring. But it's the same story every summer. He has been in the gym working hard, and THIS is the year that he's going to turn it around, and then it's the same Meyers. At some point just shut up and show us.

11. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    and what is your purpose? First you attack river as an "Oden apologist" then after he explains what his actual feelings were about Oden you then turn and attack him on Leonard. It appears all you are doing is attacking a poster mainly on the false premises that YOU created

riverman likes this.
  12. riverman

riverman Writing Team

you actually compared Oden to PappaG…..and talked about reality checking? smh

SwissBlazer likes this.
  13. Natebishop3

I never compared the two players. I compared your attitude to players. That's the only comparison that I put out there. If you can't pick that up, then I don't know what to tell you.

14. riverman

riverman Writing Team

So you don't value my opinions....that's just what your saying..well stand in line bucko

kjironman1 and bodyman5000 and 1 like this.
  15. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I'm not really looking for your approval you know....you'll get some likes though for not respecting mine

kjironman1 likes this.
  16. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

I was like THAnks Jeezuz

17. Natebishop3

Because that's what it's all about. He has been a Meyers apologist. He is a PapaG apologist. So by deduction, I figured he was an Oden apologist.

18. riverman

riverman Writing Team

why do you give a shit about my views here? add to the topic or don't....I talk about basketball and you talk about me....too much of that around here ...best to just not like a post and move on. simple

Propagandist and CupWizier like this.
  19. Natebishop3

It's like the concept of a forum escapes you. I come here to debate topics and talk sports. I'm not here for your approval. I don't care if you want my approval. Having approval is not part of the equation. If you share opinions, prepare to have people who disagree with you. I'm not here for friends. I don't care if we hang out in real life. I just want to talk blazers basketball. It's that simple.

20. Natebishop3

You are your opinions. If I notice a theme in your opinions, I might point it out. Deal with it or don't.