Exclusive Portland's homelessness problem (or lack thereof)

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Orion Bailey, Oct 17, 2018.

1. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

So you've been trolling homeless people?!?

2. Propagandist

Propagandist Well-Known Member

I couldn't find a photo of it, but the city has placed boulders on SW 13th in the space where some of the camps were, as well as apparent cleanups all over. Perhaps the tide is turning...or not.

3. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

I forgot the green font.

4. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Sure...

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  5. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Wouldn't have to place boulders if there wasn't a problem right?

But there is no problem. I'm just clueless.....

6. Propagandist

Propagandist Well-Known Member

I never know what you are talking about and it tires me out. I was just sharing information. Nothing personal intended.

Orion Bailey likes this.
  7. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

I assume this is aimed at me for calling you out in your bitch fest of a thread. The neighborhoods I listed are circled in red. Check the value of our neighborhoods property and get back to me. But feel free to stay out in the suburbs where it’s safe.

1CCB288A-8FBF-410E-9A99-3232A30B4943.jpeg

8. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Nothing personal received.

Not sure what is hard to understand about what I said. I get what you are saying and I am saying that there had to be a homeless problem for them to have to put boulders there to ward them off, correct? Meaning there was a problem even if they are working to improve it.

My clueless statement was meant for one individual, sorry, I assumed you would know that.

Propagandist likes this.
  9. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Okay, so I can admit to my mistakes and I thought Rocky Butte was Mt. Tabor. My error.

So now lets look at the circles on the map. Aprox 15 sq blocks in each circle. and EVERY circle has dots around it. So you are pretty much verifying I am right that there are homeless almost everywhere on the east side.
    Yeah, I can find a few blocks scattered all over without homeless, but in between... there are homeless.

So yeah, when I say almost all of the East side is infiltrated by homeless, I see this map proves me correct, not fucking clueless.
    But I don't expect you to acknowledge there are dots all over East Portland.

Takes a man to admit their mistakes.

10. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    I know there was one awhile back on the park and ride area on about 76th and Powell that they did the same thing with large rocks and landscaped the area so they could no longer camp there.

Propagandist likes this.
  11. CupWizier

retired
    I don't need to rely on a map as I live and have lived in SE Portland for nearly 35 years and the homeless areas have decreased dramatically and no, there are not homeless camps "everywhere" in SE Portland. You are totally sensationalizing the problem and act like there are homeless people on every corner in east Portland. Simply not the case.

12. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Umm that map is from 2017. Ill take their word for it, over yours. I never said every corner. Thanks for twisting my words into a sensationalist whatever....Second, I said homeless. Not homeless camps....the map represents camps andit says that the amount of camps have increased but the population of each has decreased. This is likely in direct correlation of the Large springwater trail camp getting broken up last year and those people spreading out into smaller camps.

As for the homeless decreasing dramatically according to you, again, the news says differently....

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2017/06/portlands_homeless_population.html

Thanks for your input.

13. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

"-- While the number of people without permanent housing increased from 2015 to 2017, fewer people are actually sleeping on the street – 1,668 -- a 12 percent drop. That's a level not seen since 2009."

"Analysts attribute that to the city and county's focus on specific groups for priority in shelters, with reductions in the number of women, veterans and people of color sleeping on the street.

The survey showed a 31 percent increase in people staying in emergency shelters and transitional housing."

14. CupWizier

retired
    Oh, so a map from 2017 is more relevant than someone who drives in the area pretty much every day of the week. Also, this is what you said

"So yeah, when I say almost all of the East side is infiltrated by homeless, I see this map proves me correct, not fucking clueless."

No, not "almost all" of east Portland is infiltrated with homeless people as you are SENSATIONALIZING the issue for whatever reason. You live in Canby and are happy. I live in SE Portland and I am happy. You stay out of SE Portland and I will stay out of Canby.

15. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Right. Almost all of the East side is infiltrated. Look at the dots on the map you refuse to look at. No sensationalizing. I just use my eyes is all.

How about you don't quote me and I won't quote you if you cant handle a disagreeing conversation....

Oh and by the way, up until this spring, I lived all over the east side for the last 15 years, but whatever...Im clueless.

16. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

I appreciate your input.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2018
  17. CupWizier

retired
    Yeah, I can tell.

18. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Anyhow, back to a civil conversation about the homeless issue, or non issue in Portland.

I have posted links and maps, supporting my opinion, I have yet to hear from anyone, any link or study that conflicts my opinion. Instead I have endured ridicule and name calling.

Id like to get this back to a civil debate if anyone is interested?

19. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Then you are quite observant.

20. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

The homelessness problem is pretty self-evident out in my area--Parkrose, Gateway, also farther south all throughout the David Douglas district and the Lents neighborhood. I see a significant amount of urban camping every day. Also a ton in inner SE between 99E and the river; pretty much impossible not to notice when driving from I5 N to I84E, as tents, tarps and trash heaps line both sides of the ramp.