possible QB draftees

Discussion in 'AFC East' started by Thoth, Dec 19, 2003.

1. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

The following is a list of canidates to be Marino's successor. We can all agree that the top 3 coming out are; Rothliesberger Miami, OH Eli Manning Ole Miss, & P. Rivers NC State.

I read the Saints really want Manning but the other 2 would be fine. Arizona & the Steelers are the only team ahead of Miami that might go QB w/ their first pick. IMO, The Steelers need a shutdown CB. Further, Pittsburgh drafted St. Pierre of Boston College last year whom I would loved to get drafted Miami.

The are other possibilities which may not cost a 1st rounder and are equally as viable; Losman Tulane, Clausen Tennessee, Smoker QB Mich St & C. Pickett Washington.

Pickett would be my preference. I do not why but my gut says this could be the next Tom Brady.

2. Philly_Freak93

Philly_Freak93 The Oracle

manning is the stud of the draft. throws better than the NFLs mvp who happens to be his bro

3. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

I think Roethlisberger will be the best QB of this draft....although deep down I fear this could be a Manning/Leaf scenario, and we know how tht turned out

4. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

Yeah, and if you get a Roethlisberger replica jersey, you'll need to wear shoulder pads with it so the name can be read. That could become a burden.

5. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

Hhaahahah Dale I'll be sure to think of that before I get mine.

6. td4td

td4td Fearless ****** of Orange Crush

It is a sure bet Miami will take a QB in the draft, we all know that. I still think Miami needs a QB who will hold the fort while they are grooming their new young QB.

Fiedler in my opinion is just too inconsistent and there are issues on his durability perhaps. Griese makes far too much money for just being a backup and I still firmly believe he is not the answer for a starting QB for any team.

So what do you Miami fans think of Mark Brunell? I think this guy would be great fit for your needs right now.

7. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

The question to ask though, is whether a new coach might come in and try to make one more run with the team together, but with a guy like Brunnell or Warner at QB...I believe both those guys would be major upgrades to the QB position and I think QB is the Dolphins biggest weakness....If Dennis Green was hired, Im betting he pursues Manning and Warner hard as free agents(everyone will be after Manning, and willing to give up the 2 #1s to get him)....Green likes to bring in older experienced QBs and give them new life(Moon, Cunningham, and he tried to lure Marino)....my gut tells me Dennis Green will be the next coach of the Dolphins, and Mark Brunell will be the QB in 2004....Fiedler will be the starter for the Cardinals, and Griese ends up as the backup in Buffalo....and Miami trims $10 million in cap numbers by releasing them both...

8. td4td

td4td Fearless ****** of Orange Crush

You feel good about Green being the new coach? Green could bring more trouble than he is worth in my opinion.

9. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

I would not be adverse to Spurrier. It would be better than Denny Green IMO. I would love to see Brunnell as the cartetaker and tutor to Rivers or Rothliesberger. Getting rid of JF & BG would be a major step in the right direction.

I do not like Warner or the baggage he brings (i.e. the Mrs). Can you imagine the whining when he's told the #13 won't be unretired?

If my memory serves, Green was not the best judge of character. Should both Denny & Kurt land in Miami next year then I will gladly & willingly terminate my membership in the Dwo.

How bout Randy Muller as the new Miami GM and Mike Mularkey (Steelers O co-ord) as the head coach. It has been under MM that the Steelers have changed their offensive philosophy.

10. Philly_Freak93

Philly_Freak93 The Oracle

what about the guy from tulane, i forget his name but aside from watching him, i hear he has a great arm and is possible the best QB talent in the draft.