Post Your Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Men's College Basketball' started by CB4allstar, Mar 30, 2006.

1. nykfan4life

nykfan4life BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nba dogmatist @ Mar 31 2006, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>-LaMarcus Aldridge isn't leaving, and I'm pretty sure Thomas is staying in school too.-Atlanta can't pick another forward, no matter who's available. They'll pick Bargnani.-Orlando definitely won't pick McRoberts, and he won't even leave. You obviously had him there bc a mock draft on the net had him there. He said he was staying a few years at Duke.-You didn't take it from NBADraft.net? then why the hell would you put Patrick O'Bryant on there??? He is Michael Olowakandi II.-Celtics won't get Williams. They'll probably get a PG.-Foye to Minny? Are you kidding me? they already have 4 PGs!-Rodney Carney definitely won't slip out of the top 10.-Hilton Armstrong igoing 15th? WOW, why don't you leave a link. You're practically copying and pasting.-Glen Davis isn't leaving.-Hassan Adams is too high on your list. He'll preobably go 2nd round or very late 1st.-Pittsnoggle first round? Oh my God..-Daniel Gibson isn't leaving.-Millsap went a little early on your list. he's undersized.-I believe Justin Williams will go higher.</div>yup it's so obvious he copied. he just changed like 2 people.

2. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

3. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

Some notes:-I agree exactly with the first 4 picks.-If Chicago drafts LaMarcus, they won't draft Shelden too.-Once again, O'Bryant doesn't deserve a top 10 pick.-I would switch the Roy and Carney picks. Toronto has alot of Forwards and Orlando can't draft another undersized 2-guard. they already have Keyon Dooling and DeShawn Stevenson.-I don't know if Philly would pick another pg. AI's still playing 40+ mpg and Ollie is a solid back up. I can see them picking Richard Roby.-I like the Boston pick. This one actually makes more sense, bc they have been looking for a scorer off the bench, and he can definitely score.-Again, i can't see Millsap going 1st rd. He may be a beast but he's still vastly undersized.

4. BrewCityBuck

Chicago has depth everywhere else. Picking Aldridge and Williams gives them a solid bigman rotation if they both contribute right away. Patrick O'Bryant is a stud and surefire top 10 pick, their is no reason he isn't a lottery pick. He has everything you want and need for a center. Rodney Carney can play SG just fine. Cuttino Mobley was a nice undersized SG for the Magic. Brandon Roy is 6'5" 200ish pounds, same size as Ray Allen, his size isn't a big issue.

5. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nba dogmatist @ Mar 31 2006, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>-LaMarcus Aldridge isn't leaving, and I'm pretty sure Thomas is staying in school too.-Atlanta can't pick another forward, no matter who's available. They'll pick Bargnani.-Orlando definitely won't pick McRoberts, and he won't even leave. You obviously had him there bc a mock draft on the net had him there. He said he was staying a few years at Duke.-You didn't take it from NBADraft.net? then why the hell would you put Patrick O'Bryant on there??? He is Michael Olowakandi II.-Celtics won't get Williams. They'll probably get a PG.-Foye to Minny? Are you kidding me? they already have 4 PGs!-Rodney Carney definitely won't slip out of the top 10.-Hilton Armstrong igoing 15th? WOW, why don't you leave a link. You're practically copying and pasting.-Glen Davis isn't leaving.-Hassan Adams is too high on your list. He'll preobably go 2nd round or very late 1st.-Pittsnoggle first round? Oh my God..-Daniel Gibson isn't leaving.-Millsap went a little early on your list. he's undersized.-I believe Justin Williams will go higher.</div>Yeah I know what you mean. Bargani isn't a forward :rolleyes:Why not? They need a PF. Dwight can play Center. Josh is athletic, he has range and he has some nice post moves. I did use NBAdraftnet as a source because I didn't know ALL of the prospects but I moved alot of people Draftnet had in their mock and I read all the scouting reports on each player and I put them where I thought they should be. Why would the Celtics need another pg??? I'm guessing that Minny will get rid of some of their pg's and Foye can play both guard spots well. They have everything they need not at the guard spots besides Center and I doubt they will want to risk having a copy of Olowokandi around..I think he might slip because of his hideous performance in the tourny when his team lost to Florida. And also, most of the lotto teams don't need a SF so that's why I let him slip a bit. Maybe Hilton was a mistake. Sorry. Hassan is athletic and he has long arms and he is a good defender. He fits the Knicks offensive system and he also helps them out at something they need...badly. Ok didn't know Gib was staying. Pittsnogle is just a great shooter. He could be a great 6th man. He was a great offensive player in college.You try making a perfect mock buddy. I didn't copy and paste for all y'alls information.

6. BrewCityBuck

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CB4AllStar @ Apr 1 2006, 05:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah I know what you mean. Bargani isn't a forward :rolleyes:Why not? They need a PF. Dwight can play Center. Josh is athletic, he has range and he has some nice post moves. I did use NBAdraftnet as a source because I didn't know ALL of the prospects but I moved alot of people Draftnet had in their mock and I read all the scouting reports on each player and I put them where I thought they should be. Why would the Celtics need another pg??? I'm guessing that Minny will get rid of some of their pg's and Foye can play both guard spots well. They have everything they need not at the guard spots besides Center and I doubt they will want to risk having a copy of Olowokandi around..I think he might slip because of his hideous performance in the tourny when his team lost to Florida. And also, most of the lotto teams don't need a SF so that's why I let him slip a bit. Maybe Hilton was a mistake. Sorry. Hassan is athletic and he has long arms and he is a good defender. He fits the Knicks offensive system and he also helps them out at something they need...badly. Ok didn't know Gib was staying. Pittsnogle is just a great shooter. He could be a great 6th man. He was a great offensive player in college.You try making a perfect mock buddy. I didn't copy and paste for all y'alls information.</div> Andrea Bargnani is a NBA PF. The Magic have Howard, Milicic and possibly Fran Vazquez coming over, drafting McRoberts makes little sense and he's probably staying. The Celtics don't have a solid PG, they have everything else at all the other positions and nabbing a Chauncey Billups type PG for Boston makes sense. Patrick O'Bryant is not like Michael Olowokandi at all.

7. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

here's mine.I know alot of my picks contradict what i've said earlier, but after looking over the board, i've changed my mind on a few things.

8. CB4allstar

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BCB @ Apr 1 2006, 01:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Andrea Bargnani is a NBA PF. The Magic have Howard, Milicic and possibly Fran Vazquez coming over, drafting McRoberts makes little sense and he's probably staying. The Celtics don't have a solid PG, they have everything else at all the other positions and nabbing a Chauncey Billups type PG for Boston makes sense. Patrick O'Bryant is not like Michael Olowokandi at all.</div>That's what I meant. I was being sarcastic towards what Dogma said. The Magic have Howard but he can play Center. Well drafting ANOTHER pg is not the answer. I think Delonte is the answer for them. Good pg skills and a great defender. he is good at alot of things too.

9. BrewCityBuck

Seattle picking Tyrus Thomas doesn't make much sense considering how much young talent they already have at those positions. If Seattle doesn't match the qualifying offer on Chris Wilcox then maybe I see it as a possibility to draft a post player. In reality I see them picking up a wingman that can player both positions like a Ronnie Brewer or Mardy Collins because Seattle has everything at PG, PF, C and they need someone who can fill in for Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis.

10. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CB4AllStar @ Mar 31 2006, 11:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah I know what you mean. Bargani isn't a forward :rolleyes:Why not? They need a PF. Dwight can play Center. Josh is athletic, he has range and he has some nice post moves. I did use NBAdraftnet as a source because I didn't know ALL of the prospects but I moved alot of people Draftnet had in their mock and I read all the scouting reports on each player and I put them where I thought they should be. Why would the Celtics need another pg??? I'm guessing that Minny will get rid of some of their pg's and Foye can play both guard spots well. They have everything they need not at the guard spots besides Center and I doubt they will want to risk having a copy of Olowokandi around..I think he might slip because of his hideous performance in the tourny when his team lost to Florida. And also, most of the lotto teams don't need a SF so that's why I let him slip a bit. Maybe Hilton was a mistake. Sorry. Hassan is athletic and he has long arms and he is a good defender. He fits the Knicks offensive system and he also helps them out at something they need...badly. Ok didn't know Gib was staying. Pittsnogle is just a great shooter. He could be a great 6th man. He was a great offensive player in college.You try making a perfect mock buddy. I didn't copy and paste for all y'alls information.</div>Bargnani would play C on the hawks.Orlando has Dwight Howard and Darko for longterm, and they just extended Battie's contract. they need a swingman, they wouldn't waste their pick on another big."Why would the Celtics draft another pg??" Oh , i don't know, mybe bc THEY HAVE TWO PG'S ON THE ROSTER!! Dan Dickau isn't worth anything, and OG has had some problems with Doc apparently and he may be out the door. -Minny's PG's have bad, almost unmovable contracts. They don't need another ballhogging scorer. -There is actually a whole lot of holes in this year's draft so i put Daniel Gibson in my mock as well. you are orgiven. [​IMG]

11. CB4allstar

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nba dogmatist @ Apr 1 2006, 01:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>here's mine.I know alot of my picks contradict what i've said earlier, but after looking over the board, i've changed my mind on a few things.</div>-Why would the Hawks need another Forward. God. [​IMG] -Kevin Garnett anyone? Why would they need Williams?-Rockets drafted Head last draft. They don;t need another sg through the draft.-Splitter is not going in the draft-Ben Gordon anyone?-Kinjgs drafted Garcia last draft-Sixers have Iggy at SG-Fazekas won't go in the 1st. He is the next Matt Bonner-You just said that Gibson wasn't going to be in the draft!

12. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BCB @ Mar 31 2006, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Seattle picking Tyrus Thomas doesn't make much sense considering how much young talent they already have at those positions. If Seattle doesn't match the qualifying offer on Chris Wilcox then maybe I see it as a possibility to draft a post player. In reality I see them picking up a wingman that can player both positions like a Ronnie Brewer or Mardy Collins because Seattle has everything at PG, PF, C and they need someone who can fill in for Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis.</div>The main reason i had Tyrus going there is that i don't see him slipping that badly. Also, Seattle doesn't really have any dependable options at the PF/C besides Wilcox. Tyrus can actually also play some SF if he works on his quickness just a little more.

13. BrewCityBuck

If the Atlanta Hawks let Al Harrington go like I think they will then they have a open spot at PF. I don't think Josh Smith, Josh Childress or Marvin Williams can play power forward so if the Hawks do draft Andrea Bargnani they would plug him in at PF next to Zaur Pachulia.

14. CB4allstar

I think Thomas would fit in there better then Bargnani though...

15. BrewCityBuck

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nba dogmatist @ Apr 1 2006, 05:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The main reason i had Tyrus going there is that i don't see him slipping that badly. Also, Seattle doesn't really have any dependable options at the PF/C besides Wilcox. Tyrus can actually also play some SF if he works on his quickness just a little more.</div> Tyrus Thomas would be a huge liability at SF because of obvious reasons. I really see the Sonics resigning Chris Wilcox because the team already knows what it has with him. If they do resign Wilcox then they will not pick a post player because of Nick Collison, Robert Swift and Johan Petro. To me Thomas is a huge question mark right now. Most people think he's in but he's requested off campus housing with Glen Davis, he has great potential but if he does well before the draft in workouts he could play himself into the top few picks.<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CB4AllStar @ Apr 1 2006, 05:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I think Thomas would fit in there better then Bargnani though...</div> How?

16. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CB4AllStar @ Mar 31 2006, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>-Why would the Hawks need another Forward. God. [​IMG] -Kevin Garnett anyone? Why would they need Williams?-Rockets drafted Head last draft. They don;t need another sg through the draft.-Splitter is not going in the draft-Ben Gordon anyone?-Kinjgs drafted Garcia last draft-Sixers have Iggy at SG-Fazekas won't go in the 1st. He is the next Matt Bonner-You just said that Gibson wasn't going to be in the draft!</div>OH MY GOD! you said they'd pick Tyrus freaking Thomas! Is he not a forward? holy <Censored>!Even though they are denying it, there is still a good chance of KG leaving. Plus, the good swingmen have already gone, and they don't need another pg.yes, the rockets DO need another sg. That's their weakest position!! Head is more of a PG anyways.-JJ fits well within the Chicago system. There is rumors of Ben Gordon leaving anyways.-"Kings drafted Francisco Garcia last draft" WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING??? Garcia is a SF. Williams is a PG, you idiot. Jason Hart isn't a reliable backup, and they have done a good job of filling just about every other position.- so what if Iggy is at SG! Roby is a good scorer, he gives some diversity and depth.-Cleveland needs a shooter and Fazekas is actually a pretty good player. He would fit pretty well with them.-I've concluded that you're just trying to insult for the sake of doing it. you had no valid points to your arguments.

17. BrewCityBuck

Kevin Garnett is not leaving...how many times do I have to say this...

18. CB4allstar

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nba dogmatist @ Apr 1 2006, 01:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>OH MY GOD! you said they'd pick Tyrus freaking Thomas! Is he not a forward? holy <Censored>!Even though they are denying it, there is still a good chance of KG leaving. Plus, the good swingmen have already gone, and they don't need another pg.yes, the rockets DO need another sg. That's their weakest position!! Head is more of a PG anyways.-JJ fits well within the Chicago system. There is rumors of Ben Gordon leaving anyways.-"Kings drafted Francisco Garcia last draft" WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING??? Garcia is a SF. Williams is a PG, you idiot. Jason Hart isn't a reliable backup, and they have done a good job of filling just about every other position.- so what if Iggy is at SG! Roby is a good scorer, he gives some diversity and depth.-Cleveland needs a shooter and Fazekas is actually a pretty good player. He would fit pretty well with them.-I've concluded that you're just trying to insult for the sake of doing it. you had no valid points to your arguments.</div>-Yeah but Tyris plays PF. I said that in a sarcastic manner becasue you got all uptight about me when I had them picking a PF when you had them picking a PF yourself.-Why would they draft 2 first round sg's in a row? :thumbdn1: -KG says that he wants to stay. They wouldn't waste a first round pick on the same position that their star player plays. That would make him feel uneasy. They don't want that.-Yeah i guess your right. JJ could be their 6th man.-Oh I thought he played pg. My bad. I don't get to see any Kings games. Sorry.-Why would they waste a lotto pick on someone that would come off the bench to their rising star. They could use a replacement for Webber even more.-Fazekas is not an inside presence. Cleveland needs a better inside guy at PF then a shooter. They already have Marshall to shoot the ball for them at PF.-I made valid points. I don't see what you mean...

19. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CB4AllStar @ Apr 1 2006, 12:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>-Yeah but Tyris plays PF. I said that in a sarcastic manner becasue you got all uptight about me when I had them picking a PF when you had them picking a PF yourself.-Why would they draft 2 first round sg's in a row? :thumbdn1: -KG says that he wants to stay. They wouldn't waste a first round pick on the same position that their star player plays. That would make him feel uneasy. They don't want that.-Yeah i guess your right. JJ could be their 6th man.-Oh I thought he played pg. My bad. I don't get to see any Kings games. Sorry.-Why would they waste a lotto pick on someone that would come off the bench to their rising star. They could use a replacement for Webber even more.-Fazekas is not an inside presence. Cleveland needs a better inside guy at PF then a shooter. They already have Marshall to shoot the ball for them at PF.-I made valid points. I don't see what you mean...</div>What do you mean "BUT tyrus is a PF"? Anyways, Bargnani has the potential and size to play C. Thomas is an undersized PF.Drafting to SG's in a row has nothing to do with it. They'll fill the holes that they have.KG can alos play Center. There's nothing wrong with having a defender like Williams. I also didn't want them to pick Roby ( i thought it was a little too early for him).I wouldn't consider Iggy a rising star, and they will still have to have 3 or 4 guys in the wing rotation. I do agree tho, CWebb needs a predecessor.No they don't need another inside guy at PF. Thy have Drew Gooden. They need some people to wpread the floor. Marshall can play SF, and he hasn't done crap to earn a spot there.

20. CB4allstar

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nba dogmatist @ Apr 1 2006, 02:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>What do you mean "BUT tyrus is a PF"? Anyways, Bargnani has the potential and size to play C. Thomas is an undersized PF.Drafting to SG's in a row has nothing to do with it. They'll fill the holes that they have.KG can alos play Center. There's nothing wrong with having a defender like Williams. I also didn't want them to pick Roby ( i thought it was a little too early for him).I wouldn't consider Iggy a rising star, and they will still have to have 3 or 4 guys in the wing rotation. I do agree tho, CWebb needs a predecessor.No they don't need another inside guy at PF. Thy have Drew Gooden. They need some people to wpread the floor. Marshall can play SF, and he hasn't done crap to earn a spot there.</div>-Bargani and Tyrus are both Forwards. You said that the Hawks wouldn't pick another Forward in reply to my mock but then you go ahead and have them picking Bargnani who is also a Forward. That's hypocrisy.-Drafting two of the same position is very stupid to me. They need a solid veteran not back to back picks there. That makes no sense at all. Luther is their future there. They just need a solid vet to help him out.-KG doesn't play Center. He is abit too small and he would get roughed up. He starts at PF and that's where he plays most of the time. They are not gonna change that just so they can draft Sheldon Williams-Iggy is their teams future. It's the truth. he is turning into a niced shooter and he is great at attacking and playind defense. They are not going to waste a lottery pick when he is going to be their star player eventually and he is gonna play atleast 37 minutes at the guard spot. Why would you waste a pick like that when you need to do other things like find a replacement for Webber?-They have tons of players that can spread the floor. Gooden can shoot, Zydrunas has a bit of range, Marshall can shoot, lebron can shoot, Luke Jackson can shoot, Damon Jones can shoot, Larry Hughes can shoot. They need an inside presence. I wouldn't say that that's Drew Gooden.