Post Your Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Men's College Basketball' started by CB4allstar, Mar 30, 2006.

1. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CB4AllStar @ Apr 1 2006, 12:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>-Bargani and Tyrus are both Forwards. You said that the Hawks wouldn't pick another Forward in reply to my mock but then you go ahead and have them picking Bargnani who is also a Forward. That's hypocrisy.-Drafting two of the same position is very stupid to me. They need a solid veteran not back to back picks there. That makes no sense at all. Luther is their future there. They just need a solid vet to help him out.-KG doesn't play Center. He is abit too small and he would get roughed up. He starts at PF and that's where he plays most of the time. They are not gonna change that just so they can draft Sheldon Williams-Iggy is their teams future. It's the truth. he is turning into a niced shooter and he is great at attacking and playind defense. They are not going to waste a lottery pick when he is going to be their star player eventually and he is gonna play atleast 37 minutes at the guard spot. Why would you waste a pick like that when you need to do other things like find a replacement for Webber?-They have tons of players that can spread the floor. Gooden can shoot, Zydrunas has a bit of range, Marshall can shoot, lebron can shoot, Luke Jackson can shoot, Damon Jones can shoot, Larry Hughes can shoot. They need an inside presence. I wouldn't say that that's Drew Gooden.</div>-Did you not read me post that Bargnani can play Center?-This is not stupid if it's their biggest whole. Can you name any vets they can bring in via free agency? They would use Brewer's defense. Luther Head is a good player, but you can't honestly expect him to be the future there.-KG's too small? 7'1" is too small? He's played C before, and he does fine there. it is not much different at all for him.-Iggy can shoot? You've got to be kidding me! his shot is his liability. He can't score in the halfcourt. He's a defender that can run the floor. He's not a star. Regardless of that, he'll still need a backup. roby is already better offensively than Iggy.-Oh really? Is that why they are dead last in the nba in 3-point shooting? DREW GOODEN CAN SHOOT??! What the hell?? seriously, stop commenting on stuff you have no clue about, and stop making up retarded crap. you're just embarassing yourself. LeBron's ability has nothing to do with it. Cleveland needs to spread the floor so HE AND LARRY HUGHES CAN DRIVE to the basket. Luke Jasckson will never get quality minutes behind LeBron. Big Z is okay on the blocks, but really, they don't need a guy to clog the lane for LeBron's drives. They're actually better off with guys that play outside, especially Z, bc he excells in the pick-and-pop.

2. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nba dogmatist @ Apr 1 2006, 03:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>-Did you not read me post that Bargnani can play Center?-This is not stupid if it's their biggest whole. Can you name any vets they can bring in via free agency? They would use Brewer's defense. Luther Head is a good player, but you can't honestly expect him to be the future there.-KG's too small? 7'1" is too small? He's played C before, and he does fine there. it is not much different at all for him.-Iggy can shoot? You've got to be kidding me! his shot is his liability. He can't score in the halfcourt. He's a defender that can run the floor. He's not a star. Regardless of that, he'll still need a backup. roby is already better offensively than Iggy.-Oh really? Is that why they are dead last in the nba in 3-point shooting? DREW GOODEN CAN SHOOT??! What the hell?? seriously, stop commenting on stuff you have no clue about, and stop making up retarded crap. you're just embarassing yourself. LeBron's ability has nothing to do with it. Cleveland needs to spread the floor so HE AND LARRY HUGHES CAN DRIVE to the basket. Luke Jasckson will never get quality minutes behind LeBron. Big Z is okay on the blocks, but really, they don't need a guy to clog the lane for LeBron's drives. They're actually better off with guys that play outside, especially Z, bc he excells in the pick-and-pop.</div>-Yes I did read that but it is not true. Te guy is a Power Forward-KG is too skinny. He weighs like 220 pounds. He has played PF his whole career so why would they change that when he is the biggest success on their team? Why would they risk alterering that just so they could get Sheldon? That's stupid. If he played there a small amount each game he would be fine but starting there for the season, idk he is only 220. Pretty skinny. I think it would drop his production.-Iggy is working on his shot. And yes, when i watch him, he seems to be a good mid-range shooter and he can hit the 3 ball occasioanlly. He definately has potential to be a star in the league, i.e. great attcker, great defense, great finisher and he gets a fair amount of points off alley oops. If he can create a steady jump shot then he is set.-Get your stuff right. They are not dead last. They are 26th. I am not just talking about 3 pt percentage, I am talking about jump shots. They get a fair amount of point on those. Drew Gooden seems to have a decent mid/close range shot. I didn't mention 3 pt shooting at all. Now your just assuming things. He is not a great inside presense. They need someone like that and they have Marshall as a big man who can shoot. Why waste a first round pick on someone who will just be a matt Bonner? They don't have a great young core if you cut out Bron. They can't waste their first round pick on something that they already have. I'm not talking about driving to the basket. I think they need a semi-dominant force in the paint. Whether that means scoring, rebounding, playing defense.

3. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CB4AllStar @ Apr 1 2006, 01:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>-Yes I did read that but it is not true. Te guy is a Power Forward-KG is too skinny. He weighs like 220 pounds. He has played PF his whole career so why would they change that when he is the biggest success on their team? Why would they risk alterering that just so they could get Sheldon? That's stupid. If he played there a small amount each game he would be fine but starting there for the season, idk he is only 220. Pretty skinny. I think it would drop his production.-Iggy is working on his shot. And yes, when i watch him, he seems to be a good mid-range shooter and he can hit the 3 ball occasioanlly. He definately has potential to be a star in the league, i.e. great attcker, great defense, great finisher and he gets a fair amount of points off alley oops. If he can create a steady jump shot then he is set.-Get your stuff right. They are not dead last. They are 26th. I am not just talking about 3 pt percentage, I am talking about jump shots. They get a fair amount of point on those. Drew Gooden seems to have a decent mid/close range shot. I didn't mention 3 pt shooting at all. Now your just assuming things. He is not a great inside presense. They need someone like that and they have Marshall as a big man who can shoot. Why waste a first round pick on someone who will just be a matt Bonner? They don't have a great young core if you cut out Bron. They can't waste their first round pick on something that they already have. I'm not talking about driving to the basket. I think they need a semi-dominant force in the paint. Whether that means scoring, rebounding, playing defense.</div>-Yes, he naturally plays PF, BUT he CANNNNNNN play C easily.-Did i ever say Shelden Williams was going to start? beseides, Williams has the strength to guard alot of centers in this league, he would guard the lowpost guys. KG actually does guard the low post guys alot, bc Mark Blount can't do <Censored> on defense, and Grif is too small alot of the time.-Just bc he's been working on his shot doesn't mean he's a good shooter. And besides any of this, even IF iggy becomes a star, He'll still need a backup.-okay, i was basing it off the last time i checked. my bad on that one, but they're still a piss-poor 3-point shooting team. I actually watch the Cavs some and Drew Gooden CANNOT shoot. The only consistent shooters from outside that they have is Flip and Marshall, who isn't even consistent. And besides, shooting midrange shots doesn't spread the floor. EDIT: Type-o's.

4. CB4allstar

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nba dogmatist @ Apr 1 2006, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>-Yes, he naturally plays PF, BUT he CANNNNNNN play C easily.-Did i ever say Shelden Williams was going to start? beseides, Williams has the strength to guard alot of centers in this league, he would guard the lowpost guys. KG actually does guard the low post guys alot, bc Mark Blount can't do <Censored> on defense, and Grif is too small alot of the time.-Just bc he's been working on his shot doesn't mean he's a good shooter. And besides any of this, even IF iggy becomes a star, He'll still need a backup.-okay, i was basing it off the last time i checked. my bad on that one, but they're still a piss-poor 3-point shooting team. I actually watch the Cavs some and Drew Gooden CANNOT shoot. The only consistent shooters from outside that they have is Flip and Marshall, who isn't even consistent. And besides, shooting midrange shots doesn't spread the floor. EDIT: Type-o's.</div>-Where does it say that bud? According to ESPN the guy is 7"0 but only 225 pounds. He would seriously get banged up, especially as a rookie who is not overly built-Why would they draft at the same position as their star player and team anchor in the lotto? They would waste a pick and it would make KG uneasy about his future.-SO they would waste a lotto pick on a bacup who plays 10-15 mins a game? Please...If you keep working on it, you can develop a nice jumper. It's one of those things that takes practice. I'm sure Iggy can do that.-They may shoot at a low percentage but they still make alot of 3 pointers. Lebron makes them, Damon Jones, Flip Murray, Marshall. All those guys can make 3 pointers. And I wasn't even talking about 3 pt percentage in the first place. I watched a Cavs game and Drew was making most of his points on baseline to close range jumpers. The fact is that Anderson Varejao is basically their only inside presence and they need an inside guy at Center rather then an outside guy.

5. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CB4AllStar @ Apr 1 2006, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>-Where does it say that bud? According to ESPN the guy is 7"0 but only 225 pounds. He would seriously get banged up, especially as a rookie who is not overly built-Why would they draft at the same position as their star player and team anchor in the lotto? They would waste a pick and it would make KG uneasy about his future.-SO they would waste a lotto pick on a bacup who plays 10-15 mins a game? Please...If you keep working on it, you can develop a nice jumper. It's one of those things that takes practice. I'm sure Iggy can do that.-They may shoot at a low percentage but they still make alot of 3 pointers. Lebron makes them, Damon Jones, Flip Murray, Marshall. All those guys can make 3 pointers. And I wasn't even talking about 3 pt percentage in the first place. I watched a Cavs game and Drew was making most of his points on baseline to close range jumpers. The fact is that Anderson Varejao is basically their only inside presence and they need an inside guy at Center rather then an outside guy.</div>-Where does what say it? nbadraft.net? sorry, i don't base everything on a <Censored> websites scouting reports. I've seen highlights of him on NBATV numerous times, and i know someone at another site that keeps up w/ Euro basketball all the time.-This draft is <Censored>. There are no good swingmen available when Minny picks. It wouldn't make KG uneasy. Do you really think Shelden Williams is going to be his predecessor?-Lottery picks don't have to be instant impacts, you idiot. They're not relying on how their rookie would play. I'm talking down the line. [​IMG]-Who cares if Drew Gooden hits "slose range jumpers"?? That DOES NOT space the floor! Damon Jones is inconsistent, Donyell Marshall is inconsistent, Flip may be leaving. Anderson Varejao is an inside presence. PLEASE stop making crap up. He has no offensive game at all. Drew Gooden and Big Z are their inside presence.

6. CB4allstar

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nba dogmatist @ Apr 1 2006, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>-Where does what say it? nbadraft.net? sorry, i don't base everything on a <Censored> websites scouting reports. I've seen highlights of him on NBATV numerous times, and i know someone at another site that keeps up w/ Euro basketball all the time.-This draft is <Censored>. There are no good swingmen available when Minny picks. It wouldn't make KG uneasy. Do you really think Shelden Williams is going to be his predecessor?-Lottery picks don't have to be instant impacts, you idiot. They're not relying on how their rookie would play. I'm talking down the line. [​IMG]-Who cares if Drew Gooden hits "slose range jumpers"?? That DOES NOT space the floor! Damon Jones is inconsistent, Donyell Marshall is inconsistent, Flip may be leaving. Anderson Varejao is an inside presence. PLEASE stop making crap up. He has no offensive game at all. Drew Gooden and Big Z are their inside presence.</div>-I've checked all the major mock draft sites. They see scouting reports on players' and they know what position the players play. 220 is way too skinny to play Center ion the NBA. He plays PF.-Why would they need a swingman? They have Ricky Davis. I think they need a two guard/pg guard and get rid of guys like Hudson and Marko jaric. Drafting a lotto pick to back up for 10 minutes a game behind KG makes no sense. Face it.-Please don't call me an idiot. You are a mod, you aren't supposed to be mean and act immature. Your setting a bad example. No one drafts back to back 1st round picks at the same position. they drafted Head, he has shown that he is their future at sg. They would need a pg or PF more then a SG. If they go ahead in draft a SG then it would essentially be wasting last years pick and a good talent that they already have.-I'm not talking about their freaking 3 pt shooting. You brought that up, not me. I said that they have plenty of guys who can shoot. That does not mean long range. It means mid range. They need a presence inside. And Fazekas is the next matt Bonner. He will not go in the 1st round. He isn't strong or athletic and he doesn't have an inside game :thumbdn1: Looks like you finally gave up on the Sixers debate we had going. Good. It makes no sense to draft a SG in the lotto when their rising star plays that position. Why not build for the future instead of wasting a pick? Just admit you were wrong.

7. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CB4AllStar @ Apr 1 2006, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>-I've checked all the major mock draft sites. They see scouting reports on players' and they know what position the players play. 220 is way too skinny to play Center ion the NBA. He plays PF.-Why would they need a swingman? They have Ricky Davis. I think they need a two guard/pg guard and get rid of guys like Hudson and Marko jaric. Drafting a lotto pick to back up for 10 minutes a game behind KG makes no sense. Face it.-Please don't call me an idiot. You are a mod, you aren't supposed to be mean and act immature. Your setting a bad example. No one drafts back to back 1st round picks at the same position. they drafted Head, he has shown that he is their future at sg. They would need a pg or PF more then a SG. If they go ahead in draft a SG then it would essentially be wasting last years pick and a good talent that they already have.-I'm not talking about their freaking 3 pt shooting. You brought that up, not me. I said that they have plenty of guys who can shoot. That does not mean long range. It means mid range. They need a presence inside. And Fazekas is the next matt Bonner. He will not go in the 1st round. He isn't strong or athletic and he doesn't have an inside game :thumbdn1: Looks like you finally gave up on the Sixers debate we had going. Good. It makes no sense to draft a SG in the lotto when their rising star plays that position. Why not build for the future instead of wasting a pick? Just admit you were wrong.</div>-Just bc his primary position is PF does not mean he can't play C. and besides, like BCB said, Al Harrington is out the door and they'll need size. Thomas does not have size. Bargnani does.-If you don't want me calling you an idiot, then don't be so ignorant. "No one drafts back to back 1st round picks at the same position." That is the dumbest thing i've ever heard you say. I could list DOZENS of examples of this. Here's only a few:-Celtics drafted Marcus Banks in '03 and Delonte West in '04.-Memphis drafted Pau Gasol in '01 and Drew Gooden in '02.-Golden State drafted Jason Richardson in '01 and Mike Dunleavy in '02.-Seattle drafted Robert Swift in '04 and Johan Petro in '05.-Cleveland drafted LeBron in '03 and Luke Jackson in '04 (that also goes against your argument w/ Philly).-Orlando drafted Reece Gaines in '03 and Jameer nelson in '04.-Atlanta drafted Boris Diaw in '03 and Josh Childress in '04.-Got the picture yet?Their only options at SG is Keith Bogans and Luther Head. so how again do they need a PF or PG more? Rafer Alston has actually been doing very good lately, and Head can play PG. Howard and Swift are formidable options at PF. I realize you're not talking about 3-point shooting. but midrange freaking jumpers do NOTTT spread the floor. 3-point shooters do.-"Why would they need another swingman? they have Ricky Davis." bc you can't just have one player there. You really need to realize that not everybody in the draft goes for future stars. Sometimes they are looking for depth, or a certain dimension to add to the team, in this case defense with Shelden Williams.-This draft is weak, and Fazekas could still go first round. Just bc a player is like a crappy player, doesn't mean they can't surpass that player. Fazekas will be better than Matt Bonner.- I haven't given up anything on the Iggy argument. When i was talking about rookies not making an immediate impact, i was talking about Roby. And did you know that people like Iguodala can actually play more than one freaking position. Roby and Iggy can be on the floor at the same time, it's not forbidden. Iggy actually does play the SF as much as he does SG. He starts at SF.

8. dsounG

dsounG BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CB4AllStar @ Mar 31 2006, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>-Why would the Hawks need another Forward. God. [​IMG] -Kevin Garnett anyone? Why would they need Williams?-Rockets drafted Head last draft. They don;t need another sg through the draft.-Splitter is not going in the draft-Ben Gordon anyone?-Kinjgs drafted Garcia last draft-Sixers have Iggy at SG-Fazekas won't go in the 1st. He is the next Matt Bonner-You just said that Gibson wasn't going to be in the draft!</div>Dude...Head provides the offense off the bench. If we draft Ronnie Brewer we have a SG with size, versatility, Excellent vision and is extreamly fast.If we don't and start Head who gives us the offense off the bench? Wesley? Bogans? Brunson? I don't think so. Head is great off the bench and hes driving it in consistantly now.

9. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

Thank you Soung. He's been stubbornly tring to prove me wrong with that.

10. SunnyD

SunnyD Sexiest Poster Alive (Yessir)

Charlotte- Rudy Gay (Daniel Horton, in my dreams!)Chicago- Lamarcus AldridgePortland- Rodney CarneyAtlanta- Tyrus ThomasToronto- Adam MorrisonOrlando- Brandon RoySeattle- Andrea BargnaniBoston- Randy FoyeMinnesota- Josh McRoberts, who could be insurance, incase KG leaves.Houston- Rajon Rondo or Marcus Williams, can't decideGolden State- Hilton ArmstrongChicago- Ronnie BrewerPhiladelphia- Rondo or WilliamsUtah- Joakim NoahNew Orleans- Shelden WilliamsNew Orleans- Patrick O'BryantSacramento- Mardy CollinsWashington- Glen DavisIndiana- Craig Smith- move JO to center for a whilePhoenix- Josh BooneNote- I don't know who's staying or going.

11. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

Rodney Carney over Adam Morrison? i don't think so.

12. ilovebball

ilovebball BBW Member

13. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

Garnett is not being moved...god...

14. ilovebball

ilovebball BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BCB @ Apr 1 2006, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Garnett is not being moved...god...</div>What makes you think people think KG is on his way out?A young big CAN play alongside KG (Tiago is a legit 7' who can most definetly be a center in this league)

15. BrewCityBuck

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ilovebball @ Apr 2 2006, 03:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>What makes you think people think KG is on his way out?A young big CAN play alongside KG (Tiago is a legit 7' who can most definetly be a center in this league)</div> The Wolves owner, GM, and KG have said he's staying...so I think that sums it up.

16. ilovebball

ilovebball BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BCB @ Apr 1 2006, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The Wolves owner, GM, and KG have said he's staying...so I think that sums it up.</div>Re-read my post, I agree that KG is staying.I just think that they should pick a big to play alongside him- and feel that Tiago is an athletic 7' who could be scary up front with KG.I NEVER tried to hint anything about KG leaving.

17. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

Tiago is a very good defender. He'd be great alongside KG.

18. BrewCityBuck

Tiago Splitter has some major buyout issues with his team in Spain, he's most likely coming out next year.

19. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

haha, finally. it seems like he's been at the top of mock drafts for years now.

20. dsounG

dsounG BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SunnyD @ Apr 1 2006, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Charlotte- Rudy Gay (Daniel Horton, in my dreams!)Chicago- Lamarcus AldridgePortland- Rodney CarneyAtlanta- Tyrus ThomasToronto- Adam MorrisonOrlando- Brandon RoySeattle- Andrea BargnaniBoston- Randy FoyeMinnesota- Josh McRoberts, who could be insurance, incase KG leaves.Houston- Rajon Rondo or Marcus Williams, can't decideGolden State- Hilton ArmstrongChicago- Ronnie BrewerPhiladelphia- Rondo or WilliamsUtah- Joakim NoahNew Orleans- Shelden WilliamsNew Orleans- Patrick O'BryantSacramento- Mardy CollinsWashington- Glen DavisIndiana- Craig Smith- move JO to center for a whilePhoenix- Josh BooneNote- I don't know who's staying or going.</div>Why would Houston need a PG? They got Rafer. Hes playing good as of late besides jacking a few shots up. They mostly need a SG, a PF and a backup C.