Predictions of the roster...

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by Buckets, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Buckets

Buckets JBB JustBBall Member

ya i dont recall that either, where did you hear that?

2. Str8 Ballin Boy

Str8 Ballin Boy JBB JustBBall Member

What other trades would the Bobcats possibly do? Anybody they get has little to no trade value because of talent, ability, contract, attitude or whatever, but they're being left unprotected for a reason. If they had trade value, the team would protect them and trade them themselves, not leave them unprotected. A trade is pretty much out of the question for the Bobcats.

3. scorbutic

scorbutic JBB JustBBall Member

Well the fact is the Bobcats are going to get bribed to pick certain players (or NOT pick them), and end up with a lot of money and draft picks, they can always trade away draft picks given to them by other teams (I.E.>> Phoenix might offer the Knicks 1st round pick + cash for them to pick Howard Eisley) to work out a trade for a good player.

But that's not the only trades they'll do. There are going to be tradable players left unprotected. A lot of teams are trying to clear cap space, so why trade a guy who earns $5 Million a year for 3 years, for a guy earning $5 a year for 4 years? There are going to be a lot of $4-$6 million a year guys that are left unprotected... it's because the team is going to want them OFF their payroll. Of course the Suns could trade Howard Eisley for somebody, but they would just take on MORE payroll, why do that? They want to CLEAR space... the Bobcats are their way out.

So the Bobcats take these servicable players who earn around $5 a year, trade a few of them for other players making similar money. We'll just have to see how it plays out, the Bobcats front office is making a lot of noise saying teams are already contacting them about possible trades... take the Heat, they have to leave Jones or Grant unprotected, perhaps teams are interested in them reguardless of their high price contract. Or the Kings might have to leave Gerald Wallace unprotected, he is an inexpensive, young, athletic player who really just needs to work on shooting to become a really good player. The way most teams are handcuffed by the cap and luxury tax, they are going to end up leaving tradable player unprotected, trading their contract for nothing is sometimes the best trade possible, it frees money up.

Also some teams will just be forced to leave a good player unprotected, some teams won't even have 8 players under contract, forcing them to leave 1 unprotected, and the Bobcats are either going to get a young inexpensive talent, or a decently high priced servicable veteran.

There's plenty of trades that can happen, though most likely Charlotte is just going to get bribed with a ton of draft picks and money... but they'll make a few trades, I'm sure of it.

4. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

Very good post. I never thought about that. About the bribes and stuff.

I agree with Tmac_Ownz, if Charlotte takes Declerq, I will be so damn happy, they will be one of my favorite teams. [​IMG]

5. scorbutic

scorbutic JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting sportsrock37:</div><div class="quote_post">Very good post. I never thought about that. About the bribes and stuff.

I agree with Tmac_Ownz, if Charlotte takes Declerq, I will be so damn happy, they will be one of my favorite teams. [​IMG]</div>
    Am I missing something? Declerq is doing THAT badly? It's not like he's making Grant Hill money and not playing, so I didn't figure Orlando is this desperate to get rid of him :P He doesn't deserve the pay check he's getting, but I just find it funny that you guys are loving the idea of him being gone [​IMG]

6. Siege

Siege JBB JustBBall Member

Offering cash along with a player is some kind of weird stipulation. Teams will offer an overpayed player to Bobcats along with nice sums of cash. The cash ending up being the incentive for the Bobcats and not the quality of the player they get. Cuz the Bobcats dont get the same cap as every other team...its much lower. So what theyll probably do is just be a mid-range-salary dumpster for the rest of the league for a year or two. Collect nice chunks of cash for taking these players. Draft a few young guys and see how they work out. Then just start wheeling and dealing and build up a team that can compete.

7. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Projected cap space $23M for the Bobcats next season.

8. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

The dude has no skills. (Declerq) He just hustles. Zaza and Hunter should be playing more than Declerq. This is definetely a lost season for the Magic, why not go to your young guys? Instead we start the least talented player in the league. I bet you, Gabe and JD decide to pay the Bobcats money not to take Declerq, even though they wouldn't take him anyway.

9. InNETSweTrust

InNETSweTrust JBB Philippines' Finest

I'm seeing that some of you guys are projecting that Lenny Cooke will be playing for the Bobcats. He'll be playing again as an import in our country and I'll keep you guys updated on his productions so you can see if he's worth a spot or not.

10. mydi619

mydi619 JBB JustBBall Member

i was reading the sun-times today and they said that jay willaims might be on the bobcats too but he's gonna give the bulls a chance first cuz he think he owes them a favor for how they handled his contract regarding his motorcycle accident.

11. Ravenous

Ravenous JBB JustBBall Member

They will deff not trade theire draft pick....Who do u think they will take...Deng!!

Flip Murray would also be a good player to build ur franchise around....they should consider acquiring him!

12. mydi619

mydi619 JBB JustBBall Member

if e-rob doesnt seem worth it (since hes one of the highest paid players) and is once again an inefficient member of the bulls, then hopefully the bobcats will get him. i havent heard of this yet but the likeliness of it happenign is pretty high.

13. Ed!

Ed! JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Ravenous:</div><div class="quote_post">They will deff not trade theire draft pick....Who do u think they will take...Deng!!

Flip Murray would also be a good player to build ur franchise around....they should consider acquiring him!</div>
    I don't think Flip is someone you could build a franchise around...He is a good talent no doubt, but i think he would assume a 2nd scorer role or something along those lines.

14. Chucksta

Chucksta JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting ObieCent:</div><div class="quote_post">I don't think Flip is someone you could build a franchise around...He is a good talent no doubt, but i think he would assume a 2nd scorer role or something along those lines.</div>

Yeah, It's not because played 10 games on all-star level that he is a franchise player... He could probably be a good role player/ sixth man...

15. ecsteveo32

ecsteveo32 JBB JustBBall Member

kobe will be a bobcat

AS WELL AS lebron james, he will be traded to miami heat for rafaer aleston

SIKE

16. Buckets

Buckets JBB JustBBall Member

ecsteveo .... how do i say this....... R U MENTAL?????let alone kobe you think LeBron will be a bobcat?? Kobe has like 2% chance and lebron will be on it for sure right?

17. Chucksta

Chucksta JBB JustBBall Member

When is the expansion draft anyway?

18. KingSac

KingSac JBB JustBBall Member

Lebron on the bobcats? may be on february the 30th.

19. Gamesta

Gamesta JBB Registered User

They're not going to get **** out of the expansion draft. You guys are really out of your minds with these rosters. They are going to be built off a lot of the rookies who have just came into the league. Then they'll sign a few role players from the free agent list. Then they'll have that #4 pick.

20. InNETSweTrust

InNETSweTrust JBB Philippines' Finest