Game Thread PRESEASON GAME# 3: JAZZ @ BLAZERS - OCTOBER 7, 2018 - SUNDAY, 6:00 PM (PST), NBATV & NBCSNW

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Darkwebs, Oct 6, 2018.

?

What will be Donovan Mitchell's main position for his career in the NBA?

Poll closed Oct 6, 2019.
  1. Point Guard

14.3%
  2. Shooting Guard

85.7%
  1. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

Curry has three assists in three games and is pretty much just an off brand CJ but sure let’s pair those two together, great idea boss.

You’re just praying you don’t look like a fool because of the preconceived notions you had about Stauskas. That’s all it is. Youd rather him fail than say I was wrong. The worst kind of fan.

2. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

My problem with that thinking is that Utah had the same kind of group out there. They got smoked. Plain and simple.

3. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    Sure they did, but itd be just as silly for the Jazz to sit back and make positive judgements on their bench guys based off of a few minutes of a preseason game.

4. kjironman1

I don't understand this?
    Stauskas looked like he played pretty well? He always goes hard and does make things happen.

5. ripcityboy

ripcityboy Well-Known Member

self employed
    That's right. Forgot. But I still give him a wide birth. Like so many of Olshey's "pickups."

6. kjironman1

Agree with you there. Could have gone the other way just as well probably.

7. JDC

JDC Well-Known Member

He was better in the 2nd half. And a bad defender on the wing is easier to cover up for than a center whose terrible in space and pnr.

But we are talking about a 10th man who at most will play 500-800 minutes, assuming decent health.

8. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

Oh god, shut up. I've been wrong before and I'm not afraid to be wrong again. If you think someone being wrong makes them a fool then you, yourself, are the fool. I even admitted he was doing a good job offensively earlier today. But I pay attention to defense, and his defense was very bad, and I think Curry is a better all around player. Yeah, I'm the "worst fan".... just shut up.

9. kjironman1

I guess i was not paying close enough attention to Stauskas on defense? I just did not see a bunch of terrible mistakes? He got switched on a couple times and he had to fight through a pick better but he was pretty active and got a steal and block. He did commit some fouls though.

10. kjironman1

He is. No question in my mind about that.

Jade Falcon and BonesJones like this.
  11. BonesJones

He was better in the 2nd half. Oh wait, nevermind. Apparently I'm rooting for him to FAIL.

12. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    Overall I think Curry is like a poor mans CJ, Im not really excited about him at all. He looks to pass even less than CJ (so I dont want him to play point much), his defense is very meh.

Its just preseason though, so really who knows.

13. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

Being wrong doesn’t make you a fool, what are you talking about? Thinking your always right does, and you are really good at that. Your condescending tone towards the majority of people on here is ridiculous. You’ve heard about it before, yet continue to do it every day. FOH.

But anyways back to basketball, your idea is to put noted defender CJ back on the second unit? Just what we need to do. Our issue last year wasn’t that we had one CJ on the second unit, it was that we didn’t have two.

tester551 likes this.
  14. kjironman1

I guess it's time for the Stauskas-PatCon comparison?

one inch in height difference and they could have both been had for about the same money.

15. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    Really? Not that bones needs me to defend him, but in my opinion he’s calmed down a lot in just the time that Ive been here. He never really offended me in the 1st place but whatever.

Anyways, I think that CJ / Curry both will be ok no matter the unit they’re in as long as they’re playing with a distributor. Neither of them strike me as looking for their team mates very often.

BonesJones likes this.
  16. BonesJones

Me? Look in the mirror dude. I said Stauskas shouldn't play over Curry because his defense is bad, and you respond with "great idea boss", call me the worst type of fan, and say I'm "afraid of looking foolish". All of which was completely unrpovoked. So I find it extremely hypocritical for you to criticize someone on tone.

That's also a strawman argument that you're using to try to bait me. I dint think I'm always right, I've admitted when I'm wrong before but you like the narrative you've created so you won't acknowledge that. I haven't had serious issues with anyone on here in months except for you, over unprovoked BS like this.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  17. BonesJones

Its funny how people can treat you differently depending on how you treat them. I love his generalization to excuse his actions though.

I've even made sure that I'm nice to Scalma to avoid crap like this, but I'm starting to think it's just unavoidable with him. I wish he'd just put me on ignore.

18. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

I’ll gladly keep track of this one.

kjironman1 likes this.
  19. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

Turner doesn’t just bring the ball up. He’s the point guard. Hes the facilitator. Defensively he guards wings instead of the lead guard, that’s the only difference. The only time I want to see Curry and CJ together is when Dame is on the court with them, and even then I’d rather not. Neither one is a playmaker and the ball wouldn’t move at all. We’d also be undersized.

20. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    Why aren’t we running more offense thru Nurk? I didn’t see the game tonight but when we first got Nurk, he was a great passer out of the post. Visions of Sabonis. And in the brief he played in 2017 playoffs, he created so much easy offense for the team. What happened to that?

UKRAINEFAN and HailBlazers like this.