Preseason: Raptors @ Wizards

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by Nasty, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Did they save that play-by-play audio somewhere on the site or did I miss the oppurtunity. Seemed like a hell of a comeback.

2. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

I was at the game. I didn't pay much attention to the Raptors except for Jose Garbajosa who was able to give the Raptors the win from 3-point land. Andrea Bargnani didn't look so impressive getting a couple of deep shots, but constantly getting into foul trouble. I wouldn't get so excited about this victory though, they only faced the 2nd unit in the 2nd and 4th quarter...no Gilbert. Which was why they were able to come back...get more of what I thought in the Wizards board.

3. Drunkballer

Drunkballer JBB JustBBall Member

Garbajosa 3 of 7 from 3pt land. Whats the over-under on his season total on attempted 3 pointers? 450 - 3PA?

best stat of the game: Darrick Martin DNP. whats the over-under we see that in the box score this year i say 65.

4. Eclipse

Eclipse JBB JustBBall Member

I really hope Garbajosa doesn't just sit at the 3-point line and jack up threes all season long because that's the feeling I'm getting [​IMG]

5. Drunkballer

Drunkballer JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">"I'm going to use (tonight) for my young guys, play them a little more," Mitchell said after a two-hour workout at the Air Canada Centre yesterday. "Chris and them are going to play, but how much, I don't know. Maybe 12, 15 minutes.</div> - Sam Mitchell

Well Bosh played 27 minutes. I wonder if Mitchell really wanted to win this game . personally I would have liked to see a bit of SloKar and PJ Tucker who both had DNP's.

6. dunksworth

dunksworth JBB JustBBall Member

damn, they really gotta update those pics cuz Parker looks like a d!ck and Humphries looks like an evil villian....

Reading some of the reports, they're saying that Bargnani looked impressive. Don't see how that's the case when he got 3 fouls within of 4 minutes

7. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

<div class="quote_poster">Ming637 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I was at the game. I didn't pay much attention to the Raptors except for Jose Garbajosa who was able to give the Raptors the win from 3-point land. Andrea Bargnani didn't look so impressive getting a couple of deep shots, but constantly getting into foul trouble. I wouldn't get so excited about this victory though, they only faced the 2nd unit in the 2nd and 4th quarter...no Gilbert. Which was why they were able to come back...get more of what I thought in the Wizards board.</div>
    What I found encouraging about the Raps win was our depth. It really was the one aspect that you could take away from this game. I mean, the lineup that ultimately gave us the lead was composed entirely of bench players and it's great that we can take our stars off and still not have a huge drop in production.

The people that are saying Bargnani was impressive seem to have just looked at the box score after the game (*cough* Yahoo!Sports *cough*).

8. Skiptomylue11

Skiptomylue11 JBB JustBBall Member

2 pt FG% 36.2 % (17/47)
    3 pt FG% 41.7 % (10/24)

We shot 5.5% better from 3 pt land. I guess our deep shooting won't be a problem, hopefully we won't fall in love with it and stop working it inside.

9. bronbron23

bronbron23 JBB JustBBall Member

Just looked at the box. Great a win for the Raps I'm really rooting for them this season and wahey Fred Jones 17 not bad off the bench. But did we get out rebounded or what, was it by 10 rebounds ? Did Garbajosa hit all his 3's in the 4th?

10. deception

deception JBB Banned Member

what might be a concern throughout the season is tj ford's inability to guard big time guards (i.e. gilbert arenas)

11. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

<div class="quote_poster">deception Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">what might be a concern throughout the season is tj ford's inability to guard big time guards (i.e. gilbert arenas)</div>

Meh, if he we have solid overall team half/full court defense then we should be fine. The Suns seem to do well with Nash (who is not a great defensive PG eithier) as their PG and being uptempo/ run and gun.

12. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<div class="quote_poster">bronbron23 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Just looked at the box. Great a win for the Raps I'm really rooting for them this season and wahey Fred Jones 17 not bad off the bench. But did we get out rebounded or what, was it by 10 rebounds ? Did Garbajosa hit all his 3's in the 4th?</div>

Not all of them, I believe 2 in the 4th (1 to give them the 3 point lead in final minute), while he became a deep threat in the game.

13. Premium

Premium JBB I'm kind of a big deal

we shot under 32% and still put up over 90pts and won the game. id say thats a pretty good sign. we obviously arent going to shoot that poorley all season

jones looks great

cant wait for wednesdays game

14. deception

deception JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">P.A.P. Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Meh, if he we have solid overall team half/full court defense then we should be fine. The Suns seem to do well with Nash (who is not a great defensive PG eithier) as their PG and being uptempo/ run and gun.</div>

u confuse outscoring your opponet with defense, plus, with amare, marion and diaw u have arguably the best help side defense in the game.

15. hustler

hustler Revving up the Engine

^ Not to mention Raja Bell, he's a pretty good defender in my book.

16. og15

og15 JBB *********

The Suns do admit to not playing defense though, but they're a lot more capable of it than a team like ours. The Suns can play defense, they just don't focus on it, and many times will give up easy baskets because they feel they can score back.

Also in relation to Jorge, why was someone surprised about him jacking three's, I'm pretty sure one of his traits was 3PT jacker.