Preview: Blazers @ Suns

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Trail_Blazer76, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Trail_Blazer76

Trail_Blazer76 JBB JustBBall Member

Yup Anzix, you beat me to the box score. [​IMG] Actually, I enjoy the help.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AllBoutDaPacers:</div><div class="quote_post">Am I good or what?</div>
    Good call AllBoutDaPacers, we were up by 18 at the half. Up 11 with about 5 mins to go, and we end up winning by 4, not very impressive. Still, we got the W and that's what matters. Go Blazers!!

Sheed's ejection ended up being a non-factor.

2. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

Hey TB, how did Cook look tonite in his debut...

3. Trail_Blazer76

Trail_Blazer76 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting notMuchgame:</div><div class="quote_post">Hey TB, how did Cook look tonite in his debut...</div>I didn't get to see the game, but I was impressed that he got 3 assists in 12 minutes. Also, I found an article about him in the Oregonian. Apparently Cheeks liked what he saw, but coaches always say that about players with 10-day contracts.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    PHOENIX -- Omar Cook wants to be with the Trail Blazers a lot longer than 10 days.

But that's far from assured.

The 6-foot-1 point guard made his NBA debut Wednesday night, getting two points, three assists and one steal in Portland's 101-97 victory over the Phoenix Suns at America West Arena.

Under the terms of the 10-day contract he signed with the Blazers on Tuesday, Cook has four more practices and four more games to persuade the Blazers to keep him on the payroll beyond Feb. 12.

"I'm just taking it day by day," Cook said.

Cook, 22, was in training camp with the Indiana Pacers three months ago but was cut a few days before the regular season. He ended up in the National Basketball Developmental League with the Fayetteville (N.C.) Patriots where he played 24 games and led the league in assists before getting the call from the Blazers.

"I've just got to be myself and just do what I've been doing my whole life," Cook said. "The guys here are pulling for me. It's a great opportunity." </div>http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/oregonia...98666653210.xml

4. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

Good find ^...Yea, I saw the play-by-play transcript, and I was surprised Cook made a jumper [​IMG] but I think he's exactly what the Blazers need coming off the bench...It sounds like he had a solid game...good for him