Preview: Bulls @ Blazers

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Trail_Blazer76, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Trail_Blazer76

Trail_Blazer76 JBB JustBBall Member

<div align="left"> [​IMG] @ [​IMG]</div>

<font color="red"><font color="black">Bulls: 13-34 (Lost 3)</font> </font>
    <font color="red">Blazers: 18-24 (Won 3)</font>

<font color="red">By Trail_Blazer 76</font>

When: Saturday, January 31st
    Where: Rose Garden
    Time: 10:00pm ET
    Probable Starters

[​IMG] [​IMG] Damon Stoudamire/Kirk Hinrich
    [​IMG] [​IMG]Derek Anderson/Jamal Crawford
    [​IMG] [​IMG]Darius Miles/Ronald Dupree
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Zach Randolph/Antonio Davis
    [​IMG] [​IMG]Rasheed Wallace/Eddy Curry

Key Matchup
    Derek Anderson vs Jamal Crawford
    <div align="left">[​IMG][​IMG]</div>

<div align="left">DA is still playing limited minutes (27 mpg), and has yet to regain his shot (.338 fg). In fact, he is shooting slightly better from three than he is overall. His recent poor shooting performances should end tonight, because there will be no reason for poor shot selection. DA's offensive ability isn't wont be required to win this game, instead he will need to pester Crawford, who is their current leading scorer (16.9 ppg). Offensively, is DA can hit his threes, the young Bulls will be forced to spread out, and confusion will be their downfall. </div>

Crawford is an explosive Iverson-style scorer (%-wise). Outside shooting is not his forte, and if he settles for outside shots his team will not win the game. His getting to the charity stripe is key, and can get the Blazers' frontcourt in early foul trouble. His defensive assignment isn't much of a threat so he should focus on help-D, aiding Curry and Davis but putting additional pressure on Sheed and Z-Bo.

X-factors
    Qyntel Woods & Eddy Curry
    <div align="left">[​IMG][​IMG]</div>

Recently Mo Cheeks has been working on the Woods Experiment. Productivity-wise, Woods is capable of creating an impressive stat-line in very limited minutes. Cheeks' only worry is that Qyntel cannot break full-court pressure when it is placed on him. Luckily, the Bulls' frontcourt is not as good at this as some other teams. Qyntel will probably play more minutes today than normal, and be expected to lead the 2nd team.

Curry is an average scorer. If his defensive assignment (Sheed) decides to bring his game tonight, the Bulls will be in trouble. Randolph cannot be contained, so Curry must focus on Sheed, to make sure that the Blazers only have one big man scoring in the paint. Forcing Sheed to play more like Dirk could play a big part in the outcome of this game.

[​IMG]<font color="red"> The Trail to Victory</font>

<div align="left">Both teams have two big men with capabilities in varying areas. Ironically, the Bulls' veteran might be guarding the Blazers' young gun, and the Bulls newbie guarding the Blazers vet. If both Sheed and Randolph get hot, it's all over. Neither of the Bulls' big men is actually a scorer, so our big men simply need to focus on offense. This includes getting offensive boards and put-backs. </div>

[​IMG]<font color="black">The Run of the Bulls</font>

Hopefully the baby Bulls watched some tape of the Mavs and Nets in preparation for this game, because they will need to run whenever possible. While excellent at times, the Blazers defense (perimeter and transition) is often why we lose games. If the Blazers are failing to get back, the Bulls need to push it on every possesion, and get the easy fast break points.

The Bulls bench is extremely thin, but they will need to find a way to stop our bench (Patterson, Woods, Davis) from scoring more than they normally do.

<font color="red">***Trail_Blazer76's Prediction***</font>

The Blazers are on a roll, soon enough we'll be at .500. The Bulls are the fourth worst road team in the L, and are on a three game losing streak. Hopefully the Blazers will wear their red unis tonight.

Blazers by 11.

2. Kid Canada

Kid Canada JBB Banned Member

Blazers by 12. Sheed probably wont play center against Eddy Curry I would hope.

3. NugzFan

NugzFan JBB Banned Member

portland by 14

4. purehoops

purehoops JBB KGSource

Blazers are studs at home... and the Bulls... well, suck at home. So I see the Blazers winning with a 5+ margin in this one. The only the Bulls seem to win is if they all collectivley have a good night... or if the Blazers hand them the game.

5. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    The Blazers have got a fire in them to prove that they're in playoff contention and there is nothing better than a blowout a home to alert the league. I expect DA to break out of his slump. Blazers by 14+.

6. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

Blazers, are whom I want to win, and who I believe are the ones who will win this one. By around 7 to 9. Not anymore nor any less. They seem to have the size and strength advantage. Especially boarding wise. Kirk Hinrich and Crawford will most likely add some great offensive game, it won't be enough to go against Randolph and Sheed boarding though if they miss, which could spell doom for the Bulls in this game. Darius is probably angry at getting traded so he'll probably play really hard. Putting in Antonio Davis might be a good idea as well, he'll provide some good defense and some spark from resting and probably being unhappy at not starting.

7. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

Well, I've been wrong everytime so far in this forum but this should be an easy one...Blazers win by 18.

8. Ed!

Ed! JBB JustBBall Member

I heard that Tyson Chandler might come back this road trip, and if he plays tonight thats a plus (i doubt that he'll play, though)
    If Jamal shoots well Bulls by 5. If he doesn't, Blazers by 13

9. TimFlem

TimFlem JBB JustBBall Member

Blazers by 10. They are just Blazing at home.

10. nikebasketball

nikebasketball JBB JustBBall Member

Both teams played hard, but the Blazers came out on top. [​IMG]

I did'nt get to see the game but I saw the highlights on Fox Sports Pacific.

All I can say is wow! [​IMG]

We're on a roll and I like it.

11. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Seems Blazers are finally playing the way they are suppose to.They always go on a 10 game winning streak every season,won't be surprised if a couple big streaks happen in the 2nd half of the year.

12. Trail_Blazer76

Trail_Blazer76 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AllNet:</div><div class="quote_post">Seems Blazers are finally playing the way they are suppose to.They always go on a 10 game winning streak every season,won't be surprised if a couple big streaks happen in the 2nd half of the year.</div>
    Yeah, I remember last year's 12-game streak. They were really playing great basketball.

Chi-town didn't follow any of my keys. They allowed both Sheed and Randolph to get over 20 points, and they allowed bench players (Patterson) to score more than they normally do. I believe there were four Blazers in double figures. Sorry it's so late, but here's the box score: http://www.nba.com/games/20040131/CHIPOR/boxscore.html