Preview GAME 7: Sacramento @ Minnesota

Discussion in 'Minnesota Timberwolves' started by Linkin, May 17, 2004.

1. purpleb0n9

purpleb0n9 JBB JustBBall Member

Timberwoves WON THE GAME! They earn the rights to host us the Los Angeles Lakers... we're gonna fly shortly to the twin city... Kobe is gonna bring his wife and Natalia, Phil is gonna decide which of the 9 rings he should flash for the Wolf crowd in Game 1, WELCOME TO ROUND 3 the Timberwolves, congratulations on the win... you close the Queens' window for good! Great preview and PREDICTION, Just-Magic!

2. bentalldayeveryday

bentalldayeveryday JBB JustBBall Member

That was one of the greatest performances by a MVP in a playoff game of alltime. I think the chances of beating the Lakers are slim, however.

3. Sabretooth

Sabretooth JBB JustBBall Member

Kevin GarnettKevin GarnettKevin GarnettKevin GarnettKevin GarnettKevin GarnettKevin Garnett

Funny how Kobe said that the Lakers need to get ready for the Wolves when they beat the Spurs.

4. v_carter15

v_carter15 JBB JustBBall Member

Once again...King's fans are left heart broken......thank god i'm not one of them. [​IMG]

5. jbbSpree

jbbSpree JBB JustBBall Member

WOLVES WON IT!!!! 83 - 80, KG MVP RIPPED IT UUP!! im soo happy for the wolves right about now..feels good!! Lakers is gonna be some huge competition, im just so glad the wolves powered throught this one! GO U WOLVES!! WEST CONF FINALS HERE WE COME!

6. 30 standing ver

30 standing ver JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Skip:</div><div class="quote_post">NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

.... KEVIN GARNETT IS A M-O-N-S-T-E-R!!!!

Big up to KG... he's the one, this year belongs to him now...</div>

[​IMG] [​IMG] Congradulations to the Wolves. [​IMG] can't stop laughing, anyways can't wait to see the WCF against the Lake show.
    [​IMG]

BTW, Just Magic is what dedication is all about with all these long previews. :thumbsup:

7. gonzo7

gonzo7 JBB JustBBall Member

Lets kick some laker-ass [​IMG]

8. Henacy

Henacy JBB The Man like Sam

KG carried this team on his back in that 4th quarter. Sam with a great game, he really set the tone for this game in the 1st quarter when alot of people seemed nervous. And also going 6 for 6(including the 2 free throws that put the wolves up by 3) from the line in the 4th was huge by Sam as well. 23 & 7ast, you cant really ask more form Sam under his condition. And Wally S really played well off the bench in the 2nd quarter & Spree had a big 3rd quarter. But it was fitting that KG carried this team in their biggest game in franchise history.

9. harbingerofdoom

harbingerofdoom JBB JustBBall Member

stoppin by to say congrats to the t-wolves on a well played game.

10. TWolfFanatic

TWolfFanatic JBB JustBBall Member

T'Wolf fans, Finally we get to see what domination looks like. When I thought about all the different ways that KG changed the course of this game, I just thought that there wasn't a facet of the game that he didn't make a difference in. For that matter, there wasn't a minute in the game when I didn't think he was the best player on the court.

Sam got us off to a quick start, which was important, Wally gave a great lift shooting the ball in the 2nd quarter & with his bullet passes to KG in the 4th quarter, Spree was the scoring leader in the third but KG influenced the game in each quarter. In the first quarter, he grabbed Peja's shot out of midair. I'll bet that freaked Peja out & contributed mightily to his horrific shooting night. In the 2nd, it was the 8 boards that he grabbed. In the third, it was teaming with Spree to keep the T'Wolves ahead most of the time. In the 4th, it was simple domination, blocking shots stealing the ball, running the point, hitting a fantastic clutch 26 ft. trey with 2 hands in his face, his killer crossover & tomahawk slam over CWebb.

That's why KG's the best player on the planet.

11. Stockton

Stockton JBB

KG: 32 points, 21 rebounds, 5 blocks, 4 steals, 2 assists and just 2 turnovers. He's the 5th player ever to get at least 30 points and 20 rebounds in a game 7. Only 5 players in the Wolves scored, KG(32), Cassell(23) and Sprewell(14) were huge to the Wolves in that game. The Kings could of really used Peja's shooting, but the other guys stepped up. It was a great game, and it truly was Kevin Garnett day.

12. Erin

Erin JBB JustBBall Member

Finally when the T-Wolves advance, they get back to square one: The Lakers. I'm confident in the T-Wolves but sadly, I know that the Lakers will win. =/

13. PLATWolve

PLATWolve JBB JustBBall Member

The odds would suggest the Lakers are a shoo in to win this series against the T-Wolves, but I don't see this series going any less than 6 games or even 7 again. In a way I like being the underdog because everyone expects the Lakers to beat us so that's added pressure on them from the get go. We have home court for this and we *MUST MUST MUST* take advantage of using those home games to get going early. The T-Wolves have to win the first two games at home; period.

I think they have a chance at beating LA, but it will be even more difficult to do against the Lakers vs. the Kings.

14. Linkin

Linkin JBB JustBBall Member

I'm so happy for the Wolves for winning this game. It was a great performance by everybody. The Wolves started the game playing dominantly even if the biggest lead was 13. The Kings made a great comeback but it fell short with Webber's 3pt shot which pop out of the basket. It was a great try by the Kings but the Wolves withstoud it and won the game.

KG showed why he is this years MVP. He had a excellent game. He did everything. He blocked shots, stole balls, etc. He scored points when his teammates were struggling to get a basket. He stepped up big in a very important game. He played alot of minutes and was very tired but still played on to lead the team to victory. It was a great gift on his birthday.

Another player that played well was Sam. He help start a run in the 1st half which really helped. He did cool off a bit in the 2nd half. Spree was great by contributing his defense and scoring. Wally was great in his 3rd game back from injury. He help on the offense by scoring off the bench and got some offensive rebounds. Trenton also played excellent defense which contained Peja. But I thought that Mark and Trent wasn't so great. Mark fumbled some balls out of bound. Gary did that too and missed a easy lay-up but I don't care because we still won. Great game for the Wolves. Now the wolves will face the Lakers and the Fab 4. I think we can win the series and go to the finals and possibly win a championship.

15. 30 standing ver

Yet again kudos to the Wolves and KG coming up big on his b-day. It totally overshadowed the controversy before last nights game 7.

[​IMG] I can't stop laughing about that bet Skip made. I see that he still has his normal sig. Can't wait to see Skip rock that [​IMG]

16. jbbSkip

jbbSkip JBB JustBBall Member

Come on man, why you mentionin that for?

It seemed like Henacy almost forgot about it... oh well...

17. 30 standing ver

It did didn't it. But it was so funny. But put your old sig back, I thought it would last at least a day.

18. jbbSkip

jbbSkip JBB JustBBall Member

Hell nah, if Henacy asks for it I will... but he dont seem to care so...

19. 30 standing ver

[​IMG] But if you won you know you would have him rocking that for like a week or so. Luckily for you he doesn't really care which sucks. Because that was the best bet on this board I've seen. People would just have to put teams they hate on their sig, but yours was more demoralizing and entertaining.

That's why I don't make bets, cause my luck sucks.