Prince's talents tested by LB.........

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by mike18946, Jul 7, 2003.

1. Truemaster14

Truemaster14 JBB JustBBall Member

tmac scores so easy, it is like watching jordan play

2. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

[​IMG] you say i hate t-mac and am biased against him..but you are terribley baised towards him..my word

3. slamduncan21

slamduncan21 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "truemaster14":</div><div class="quote_post">tmac scores so easy, it is like watching jordan play</div>
    you're serious? no one plays like jordan. allnet's right about this whole bias thing. it's driving me crazy

4. Truemaster14

how am i biased when i say tmac is the best scorer in the league? its the truth.

5. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

No you say he is the best offensive player since jordan..thats being TOO baised..and you make it out as if he is a god...when he hasn't even got out round one in the east...a blind man can see how biased you are...

6. Truemaster14

nobody in the league can score like him on a consistent basis. AI has lost a step

7. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Yes that kobe guy who set a record for most 40 point games can't score on a consistant basics...give me a break...

8. Truemaster14

tmac scored 20 points in 68 of 74 games, 3 games he was injured in the 1st half and had to leave. 3 streaks of 8+ 30 point games. those are 2 things kobe hasnt done.

9. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

kobe had 9 straight 40 point games....kobe has better overall players....mcgrady has a better chance to because he has hiso wn team...kobe doesn't...anyway this is a pistons forum...about prince and LB..not about that damn mcgrady...

10. Truemaster14

well go on aim then............. but anyways tmac had a streak of 14 staright 30 point games and 10 straight 35 point games

11. BRockwell

BRockwell JBB JustBBall Member

truemaster- I love Tmac and I think he is the most gifted player in all of basketball right now. However saying watching him play is like watching MJ play is a joke. Consider MJ's career before he retired the first time (in my mind using the later years of of Jordan's career is pointless given how young Mcgrady still is) and you'll see that Jordan not only scored at least as many points, but shot more accurately by 6-7% from the floor and the free-throw line. He also was a much better defender, perhaps the best wing defender in the league during his prime. His passing skills were also far surperior to Mcgrady's. The only thing Mcgrady does better than Jordan did is shoot the 3 and he grew a few inches taller.

Mcgrady lacks both Jordan's strength and his quickness. When MJ went into burst mode he was just a blur, its like he dissapeared from one spot and then reappeared somewhere else on the floor with ball, tongue hanging and ready to strike. Like Jordan, Mcgrady has an extra gear, but its not on the same level.

Even if Mcgrady dominates the L utterly and completely for 13 years, the way Jordan did, he still won't be the same. For one thing, during Jordan's reign no one else was even close. The most dominating force in the league was Jordan and no one even tried to debate it the way that people will debate Kobe/Duncan/Garnett/Shaq v.s. Tmac. In fact, most players/coaches and GM's would pick Shaq over Mcrady. NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY would have picked anyone but Jordan if they were starting a team during MJ's prime. Fans from either coast would argue for their favorite Magic or Bird but by 1991 even they conceded that it wasn't close. By comparison, Mcgrady is probably only the 4th most desirable player in the league right now to Shaq, Kobe and Duncan. As a Mcgrady fan you won't like that statement but remember, Size rules all when it comes to the L- why else would a white stiff get drafted in the lottery every year?- and Kobe has won championships, thats the kicker every time, every time and its impossible to deny that value.

Plus, regardless of whatever injury or whatever it was- there is NO WAY Jordan gets held to 33% shooting in the playoffs by a ROOKIE. There's just no way. It never happened, and couldn't have happened. End of story.

To say watching Mcgrady is like watching Jordan is downright ludacris, its a joke. Either you haven't seen any tapes of Jordan's first stint in the league recently or something is seriously wrong with your head. T-mac is slow, skinny and a mental midget compared to MJ in his prime. I mean, T-mac got shut down by a ROOKIE in the playoffs. MJ would've stared at Tayshaun and ripped out his heart within the first five minutes of that series. And he never, NEVER would've let his team lose after going up 3-1. Remember, MJ dragged the Bulls to Eastern Conference finals in '89 when he had NOBODY helping him- Pippen looked more like Tayshaun Prince then the Pippen we all remember and they'd just traded away their only tough guy(charles oakley) for a soft, jump-shooting center (bill cartwright). He certainly didn't have Drew Gooden battling under the boards or Darrel Armstrong to help out handling the ball. He would've been happy as heck just to have Gordon Giricek around just so someone else could actually shoot it. He played with Brad Sellers and Charlie Davis most of the time.

T-mac is one of the top 5 players in the league, and by this year he might prove himself to be the best, but he ain't nuthin' like MJ and its not even close.

12. magicfrankie

magicfrankie JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Rocko220":</div><div class="quote_post"> T-mac is slow, skinny and a mental midget compared to MJ in his prime.</div>

Great post Rocko! T-Mac is a great player... but not even close to MJ...

The biggest word in your post is mental, the desire to win, no matter what... everytime MJ was on the court, he was hungry... hungry to score, hungry to win, hungry to dunk on somebody (was he big enough?), hungry to humiliate people on defense... that's what it's all about... not about scoring 30+ points a game, because there are a lot of guys who could do that (Shaq, T-mac, Kobe, AI), but they are simply not like MJ...

13. slamduncan21

slamduncan21 JBB JustBBall Member

that was a great post. i dont know if anyone could argue with that

14. BRockwell

BRockwell JBB JustBBall Member

Magicfrankie- If you're asking if MJ was big enough to dunk on people the answer is you better believe it. He played at 6'6 and between 205-215 for most of his career and dunked on EVERYBODY when he was younger. As he got older he developed more of a mid-range game and added a bit of weight. He took too much of a beating to his body busting a move to the rim all night long

I agree, Tmac is a great player, some of the things he does on the court blow my mind, he's just no MJ.

15. magicfrankie

magicfrankie JBB JustBBall Member

Rocko-
    no, I wasn't asking that, I was referring to one moment when he dunked on a small guy (can't remember who) and somebody said that he could only dunk on small guys... next thing you know he dunked on the tallest guy on the court (don't know who either) and then he went up to the guy who had made the comment and asked 'Was he big enough?'
    I guess you probably remember this, but if you don't I have to look it up, I have it on tape somewhere...