Pritchard isnt fooling anyone

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by MIXUM, Nov 8, 2008.

1. MIXUM

MIXUM Suspended

radio/mixmaster/club jock/syndication programmer
    This whole "we arent making any moves" stuff is ridiculous. With the current roster the way it is, we have no choice but to make moves. Clearly it will be a bigger nightmare when webster comes back and batum will likely lose minutes. Outlaw could move to the four but still we have to many young players with no vets. A trade is becoming an absolute must. I know KP cant say anything about deals but cmon KP...we arent stupid. This team needs a stud PG. SF isnt a priority with webster and batum being fairly decent defenders. With that said, i wouldnt mind wallace but that doesnt help us at PG. Blake alone wll cost us 10 games this year with his poor defense. Problem is...not much out there for PGs.

And as far as im concerned....sergio cant get out of here fast enough! Never liked him. Hes a PG with no shooting ability, poor defense, and cant play halfcourt to save his life. Hes at best a backup for a bad team. He will look great on a thunder, knicks, kings, bobcats, etc. get rid of him. I mean who the f@ck is sergio rodriquez to ever demand anything? What the hell has he done in 3 years except a few nice alley oops in garbage time? Like i said before...sergio is our latest telfair/russians. Fans want him to be good so bad but in reality...he has no chance.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2008
  2. Minstrel

Minstrel Top Of The Pops Global Moderator

User Interface Designer
    There's a side of me that would like to see what would happen if MIXUM were installed as Blazers GM.

3. Further

Further Guy

Stuff doer
    Do we need a SF exchange? No, Webster, Outlaw and Batum are more than able to take care of that position this year, and the more I see him play, I really think that Batum will end up being a Prince level and type of player in a few seasons.

The PG spot, I agree that we would be better served in the immediate to get a better vet than Blake and better backup than Sergio. I am not sure yet if Bayless is the long term answer, but I think he could be. But the problem with trading for a Vet PG, who? There really aren't many choices out there that we could get without giving up too much of our future. Here are the players that I do not want to trade unless the deal is astounding. Oden, Roy, Aldridge, Rudy, Batum, Bayless.
    This I would also like to keep Przybilla, Webster, Frye and Outlaw, but I understand that you can't keep everyone. But that first group I mentioned I think has the talent, athletic ability and intelligence to be the core of a title contender. SO, who do you trade for, without giving up those guys.

Last thing I wanted to say was that I can see KP not making a trade. We, we are stacked with talent, but a trade only makes sense if we are able to make a clear upgrade at some position and trade 2 B players for one A player. I just don't see those players available, especially at the position that we need them, the PG spot.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2008
  4. Furball

Furball Member

In season trades are rarely successful, but with Raef's contract hanging out there, I would be surprised if Pritch didn't try to bring in a PG. But who? I don't know why, but I have a really weird feeling about Camelo Anthony. Something tells me that we are going to start hearing his name around January. Remember where you heard it.

5. Fez Hammersticks

Fez Hammersticks スーパーバッド Zero Cool

Phone Psychic
    We have to thin this roster out. We have too many players needing playing time and this could be hurting the development of some of the youth.

Roy and Rudy both play the 1/2/3 at times and that makes an already crowded rotation even more so.

PG:
    Blake
    Sergio
    Bayless
    **Roy**
    **Rudy**

SF:
    Webster
    Outlaw
    Batum
    **Roy**
    **Rudy**

6. anonymous gambler

anonymous gambler Member

I'd like to see him as the laker's GM!

7. gatorpops

gatorpops Allen Crabb hits winning shot on Nov24 vs Blazers

Honey-Do's
    Yeah, give him to DaRizzle and company!!!!!!!!!!:ghoti:

g

8. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

Pritchard isnt fooling anyone is a bad thread title. Teams rarely wheel and deal this time of year and it's hard to make a move when others aren't like minded....it takes two to tango. Everyone sees that the club has more players worthy of minutes then they have PT so a consolidating trade would seem to make a lot of sense, but those sorts of opportunities usually don't come around until the trade deadline. Around that point some teams will be seeing the writing on the wall for their season and decide to change course with their roster, and thats when KP will have all the right pieces (young cheap & talented) to offer up if the right guy becomes available.

In the meantime we'll just have to suffer through watching this team :bwpopcorn:

STOMP

9. GoBlazersGo

GoBlazersGo Well-Known Member

:biglaugh:

That smilie's hilarious, STOMP! Bill Walker? Seriously... !?