Pro Evolution Soccer 2009

Discussion in 'Football Discussion' started by M Two One, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Colonel Ronan

Colonel Ronan Continue...?

Control Center analyst
    Yeah, I know.

2. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    I have the game my friends and it is even more then I expected. Not only is the gameplay superb, but the editing features make this game a must have. Not only can you create new teams from scratch, but any team that isn't licensed can be edited to full extent. This means that you can upload pictures to replace fake logos for unlicensed teams and the editing tools are up to date allowing you to create missing team kits to perfection. A player's real face is missing? Don't worry about it! Just get a picture of the player and put him in the game. You can add MP3 files (PC, XBOX 360 and PS3) of your favorite chants and you'll be able to hear them when your team plays! You also don't have to settle for music in the game like in FIFA and other sports titles; now you can upload your own music to be heard during edit mode, main menu and even game highlights and much more!

The only problems with the game is below average commentary and no PES Shop with locked items as with the previous generation versions. The last part being that the rosters aren't up to date, but a good half hour of editing should do the trick. All this aside, the game play is fast and smooth. The graphics are great and player models have been entirely revamped to look realistic and full of detail right down to the size of a specific player's calves. I can't get enough of PES 2009 as I spent all afternoon and night yesterday playing and editing. I'm about to go back and play more as I finish this paragraph.

Graphics: 4/5
    Sound: 4/5
    Controls: 5/5
    Gameplay: 5/5
    Longevity: 5/5

3. Hudge

Hudge Active Member

Damn you, M, I was perfectly content with PES 2008 before I read this. (leer)

4. Claud

Claud Legendary

Full-time Student
    M21 do you have the game for PC or console?

5. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    PS3 my friend, there is no need for PC this time around.

6. La Bomba

La Bomba The Future

I have always gotten Fifa because I like their manager mode alot more. I liked the demo for PES alot, so I'm split between which one to get.

7. Claud

Claud Legendary

Full-time Student
    I wonder if i do get pes2009 maybe i can download all the kits and stuff from you m21? I have a 360, but i dont want any modding going on with it. Is that possible?

8. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    You can just upload the club crests you want through any method you prefer. The kits on the other hand you'll have to create from scratch through the editor if you don't want to mod the game through custom-made downloads. Also remember that four of the missing la Liga clubs will be fixed automatically when you update the game with the official patch online.

There are likely tutorials online to show you how to make the missing club kits to near perfection. However, once you play the game, you won't even really care about all the licensing that much. There is plenty already and the way the game plays will keep you playing. Go ahead and buy it already.

Amazon.com

9. Claud

Claud Legendary

Full-time Student
    I want to finish my FIFA manager mode first(13 games left only) and then I might get it ;)
    Also, I'm a total NOOB at editing kits and stuff on PES, do you think I'll have a hard time making the teams and logos and all? 'cause i pretty much want most leagues in it. No only european leagues but also South American and North American would be nice also :)
    BTW this is my team

*Juventus*
    GK G Buffon
    RB M Richards
    CB M Caceres
    CB Chiellini
    LB G Clichy
    CM Obi Mikel
    CM Sissoko
    RM Babel
    LM Giovinco
    RS Del Piero
    LS Amauri
    *Bench*
    GK H Lloris
    CB Breno
    RB Grygera
    LB Molinaro
    CM E Banega
    CDM Poulsen
    LM Turan
    ST Jo
    CF Kun Aguero

10. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    Well, the leagues that come with the game are EPL (two teams licensed), Ligue 1, Serie A, Eredivisie, la Liga (11 teams licensed), and a bunch of European clubs along wth Boca Juniors, River Plate and Internacional. There are 18 blank teams so if you want to create new teams from South America, you can.

11. Claud

Claud Legendary

Full-time Student
    Only 18 blank spaces? You can't put more?

12. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    Not for the console. For PC all likely with a mod.