Politics Pro Trump group gathers in Vegas

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by CupWizier, Feb 19, 2020.

1. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    Most of the posts on the internet (not just here) about religion and all that, there is 0 point in discussing those on the internet with people who have already 100% made up their minds. We aren't going to argue each other to the other side and most of the time when it comes to religion even more than politics the desire isn't to have a conversation it's to push one side or the other into a defensive posture so we can dominate them. That's why I'll state my beliefs on that subject, but if you want to go after them and push me into a place online where the tone, and sarcasm, and all that stuff isn't really communicated, I don't see the point of having that conversation here. I'll gladly talk about that stuff in person even with people who I have strong disagreements with, but almost all of that stuff I see on here when people try to attack atheism, or the Bible or Islam or whatever it's not ever going to end well or end in a place of respectfully disagreeing. Least that's how I see it and why I don't partake in the discussion very often when I see people espouse their different religious views.

Politics is somewhat that way but I find most of the time people can talk about that subject more respectfully and share their ideas, and thoughts and people can agree to disagree and move. Not talking for ABM, but that's how I see it.

2. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    I get that, but to me there's a difference between I'll state my beliefs and not having a conversation and being done...and engaging in a discussion with someone and basically just going "sorry, lalalalal, it's what I believe".

If you are saying "candidate A is bad, but so is B, but at least B agrees with me on one subject", but don't seem to be able to actually engage in an adult conversation about the politicians policy suggestions, then why even talk about it?

It's kind of like having a talk with a Blazer fan about the best Blazer ever, and just going "sorry, it's Jim Paxson"

"why?"

"It's what I believe"

"for what reason?"

"it's just what I believe"

"So you don't care that he's not the all time leading scorer, never lead the team deep into the playoffs and had a short career peak?"

"look, you'll just have to respect that you're wrong and I'm right".

That's what we're getting here.

yankeesince59 likes this.
  3. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    Fair enough.

It's Darius Miles. :D

julius likes this.
  4. julius

singer songwriter
    Had he had better knees, and a better work ethic, he surely could've been one of the better ones.

Well that and a shot.

(sometimes I simply forget he was a Blazer)

TorturedBlazerFan likes this.
  5. ABM

ABM Happily Married In Music City, USA!

Commercial Real Estate
    Hang tough. I'm training a new employee, and will be a bit. Maybe an hour or so. Thx

6. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

Shouldn't take long to teach someone to answer the phone and say;

"Thank you for calling PaPa John's,... today only, free cheesy bread with any large 2 item pizza !"

7. ABM

Commercial Real Estate
    1) Terrible example. As mentioned many times in here, John Kasich was/is actually my guy. That said, Trump has given every indication that he supports right-to-life, and would do all he could to preserve that...whether the judges he appoints, to policies and laws he signs off on. To my knowledge, no Democrat supports that policy.

2) I've chosen to not debate the Bible with you, nor anyone else in here who essentially scoffs at its content:

1 Corinthians 1:18-21 The Message (MSG)
    18-21 The Message that points to Christ on the Cross seems like sheer silliness to those hellbent on destruction, but for those on the way of salvation it makes perfect sense. This is the way God works, and most powerfully as it turns out. It’s written,
    I’ll turn conventional wisdom on its head,
    I’ll expose so-called experts as crackpots.
    So where can you find someone truly wise, truly educated, truly intelligent in this day and age? Hasn’t God exposed it all as pretentious nonsense? Since the world in all its fancy wisdom never had a clue when it came to knowing God, God in his wisdom took delight in using what the world considered dumb—preaching, of all things!—to bring those who trust him into the way of salvation.

3) Sure, there are MANY things I don't like nor appreciate about Trump. Hence, why I would have rather voted for Kasich (and still would in a heartbeat. Looking forward to 2024!). That said, apart from the abortion issue, I support his views on immigration: 2nd Amendment; national security; health care; taxes, among others.

8. julius

singer songwriter
    So like I said, you just pull the "abortion, no need to argue" card.

No need to take anything you say seriously anymore.

yankeesince59 likes this.
  9. ABM

Commercial Real Estate
    I mean, when did you ever? :)