Pros And Cons About The Upcoming Season

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by Karma, Sep 3, 2004.

1. Karma

Karma The Will Must Be Stronger Than The Skill

List some pros and cons about the Raptors 2004-2005 season, anything from our new roster, to schedule, to whatever.

I think our biggest Pro has to be moving to the Atlantic divison and having a chance to grab the 3rd spot in the East and gain homecourt advantage. Our roster, along with NY's, looks the best on paper and offers the most depth in the Atlantic division. That doesn't neccessairly transcend into wins but I believe that they will be more sucessful this year with a run and gun offense instead of an "Iso on Carter & Rose while everyone watches" offense.

Not only that, but Alston has played with Vince and company before, so I expect them to not take long to gel.
    This is almost the same roster as the one that finished last year, plus they are more healthier. The only person that remains a question mark to me is Arjuano.
    Moiso is capable of flourishing when given minutes and Murray is a proven scorer in the past, whose confidence was shattered last year. It was definetly his fault for the way he played in those little chances he was given but I think he will be more of a help this year.
    Lamond was a very well scoring forward in Cleveland/LA and if he gets clicking, he could definetly help the Raptors scoring load even more.

2. Karma

Karma The Will Must Be Stronger Than The Skill

33 views and not one reply. No one has any thoughts or opinions on this?

3. McGrady#1

McGrady#1 JBB JustBBall Member

have signed skip is deinately a pro, he's gonna embarras plenty of defenders over the next few seasons, IMO thats great for the team

4. Verticle

Verticle JBB JustBBall Member

A big con for the team going into this season is they have yet to hire a well accomplished coach imo. They over the past couple of years since Wilkens left as head coach hired coaches like Oneal and now this one that don't have many accomplishments in there coaching careers so far. Also a big con for the team is our front office personal I think not hiring Dr. J will be one of the biggest mistakes the franchise has ever made in its short time in the NBA.

Another con is that the team has yet to sign a decent center that can protect the inside of the paint. Though our draft pick will eventually become a good player I don't think we should depend on him to anchor our defensive line this season. A pro is like you said moving to the Atlantic division no disrespect to the other franchises in the division, but moving out of the same division as a team that had 60 wins and possibly the second best big man in the East as well as the World Champions is definitely a big up side. In the Atlantic the only team outside of the Raptors that really look like a threat to me are the Sixers with Iverson maturing and all the signings they made. I believe that the Knicks will not be as big a threat as all people seem to think because I believe that all the ego's well lets not call them so much ego's as all the guys on that team looking for there shots Tim Thomas, Marbury, Crawford, and getting Houston involved in there some where will be the reason for the down fall of there team to many guys wanting to shoot to many times a night.

5. bentalldayeveryday

bentalldayeveryday JBB JustBBall Member

Pros: Vince
    Cons: Vince

Simple as that.

6. skip

skip BBW Member

pros- Atlantic Div
    Run and Gun offense
    Skips crazy crossovers
    Deeper bench with Adubb, MoPete and Marshall all sitting

cons-VCs publicity stunts
    Big Men
    injuries

7. deception

deception JBB Banned Member

pro- there is a season unlike the looming lockout in the nhl.
    con-the raptors suck