Prospect thread

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Slow start for Hajek and Lindgren, and i see Day is now down in the ECHL in Maine.

2. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

I don't think it's a slow start for either. Both have seemed to play well. The team sucks. Expecting either to contribute offensively is not any concern. Gilmour has 15 points in 22 games and has has absolutely no ability to stop anybody on defense. All I care about is Hajek and Lindgren playing well defensively.

3. Ranger71

Yeah, Lindgren dosen't normally put up much offensively anyway. Day is going backwards a bit so knows where that goes. The D-man version of Gropp. :cool2:

4. kreidertime

Gropp turned out to be a bust. Doesn't look like a great draft in general for the NHL that year after Aho at 35. Gropp is at the point now where he should considering trying to make money overseas or go back to college and get a degree. He obviously doesn't have the dedication to fix the flaws in his game.

5. kreidertime

Miller with 1 G 3 A tonight vs. one of the better teams in college. Now has 15 points in 16 games. Kid can't get hear soon enough along with Hajek. Starting to sour on Skjei some myself. Great skater but his hockey sense seems to be lost. I'd rather see Hajek and Lindgren up here, Smith and Skjei moved at this point.

6. kreidertime

Someone has to tell me why Halverson who has a .918 save % in his league is not playing for the Pack when they have two older goalies who basically suck. Sometimes, Gorton is such a dumb fuck. I truly believe he doesn't understand how to rebuild.

7. Ranger71

WJC's coming up this weekend with Kravtsov, K-Miller, Lundqvist and Nico Gross in it.

8. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

All games on NHL Network. Kravtsov and Miller should be in Blueshirts in the near future.

9. kreidertime

Should be interesting.

10. Ranger71

Kravtsov 1g 1a

11. kreidertime

Chytil actually looks like he can do something 90% of the forwards on this team since Hank has been here never could do. Finish. He has a great shot. Finally, a young prospect with some finishing skills. Hopefully, Kravtsov is a second one. I think the organization told Zucc that they will resign him after the year is over and not to worry about getting dealt. Honestly, if the offers are shit for him, I'd rather they keep him. I think Fast is on the way out. Probably Staal. Namestnikov for sure. I wouldn't rule out Hayes or Vesey. I think Vesey is probably a lock to go now as well.

12. kreidertime

TSN had Kravtsov as the number 1 rated prospect on their board. Shesterkin 10 and Andersson 28. Miller will be top 25 on that list soon.

13. kreidertime

Morgan Barron has 19 points now in 17 games. Has size at 6'2, 200 pounds. Starting to deserve some attention. Maybe the Rangers got a steal here.

14. kreidertime

Andersson seems like he's pretty much given the organization the finger the last time he got sent down. In his last 13 games he has 3 points, is a minus 10 and has 17 shots on goal. 7 were in one game. Honestly, I don't blame him. Quinn has screwed him over beyond belief. I'm not ruling out they trade him.

15. Ranger71

He kicks ass in Hartford but so far in the NHL he's looked a bit out of place, whether it's his skating or just being thrown in at U20. I wouldn't trade him yet but i wonder if reaching for him isn't going to be another draft blunder. Seems like a kid that'll work hard but maybe ends up being an average player.

16. kreidertime

Intangible players take a while to develop. They hit a homerun with Chytil most likely so they can afford to wait with Lias. Still think in the right deal he might be dealt.

17. Ranger71

Man, Miller took a really bad spill into the endboards and had to be helped off the ice in the Wisconsin game. Did not look good.

18. kreidertime

Yeah, heard he got hurt. Crap.

19. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

New York Rangers prospect K’Andre Miller suffers nasty injury (Video)
    By
    Frank Curto
    -
    02/10/2019

[​IMG]
    Photo by University of Wisconsin
    New York Rangers prospect K’Andre Miller suffered a left leg injury during Saturday’s game against Ohio State University.
    [​IMG]

The New York Rangers are holding their collective breath while impatiently waiting for an update on prospect K’Andre Miller.

The 19-year-old from St. Paul Minnesota suffered a left leg injury on Saturday night against Ohio State University.

Miller was on a coast-to-coast rush down the right side of the ice. As he made an attempt to cut to the front of the net, he lost an edge and went hard into the boards. Miller remained down on the ice for a long period of time and needed assistance skating off the ice.

He couldn’t put any pressure on his left leg.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Press down on bottom picture to get to the video. Could be a lot of things the way he hit the boards.

20. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Per Carp in the Athletic:

20) Rangers first-rounder K’Andre Miller was injured in a game Saturday and had to be helped off the ice, not putting weight on one of his knees, according to reports. No official update is available, but I spoke with Wisconsin coach Tony Granato, who said Miller was sore, but there was no ligament damage. He’ll continue to be evaluated.

Hopefully, not as bad as looked. Great there is no ligament damage. I'm sure he is sore as shit and is being shut down for a week to heal and make sure nothing else shows up. :clap::clap::clap: