Prospect thread

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Oct 17, 2021.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Lundkvist with 2 PP A last game. Encouraging. Ronning with a goal. I'd like to see Ronning get a shot up here. Especially with Panarin and Strome. What the fuck is the point of putting Hunt there. He barely has 4th line skill.

2. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Grubbe is an interesting prospect. With Ronning i bet if the team was a bottom feeder he might be getting a look by now. Maybe he can build up enough value to be a decent add-on to a trade, even though he's not young anymore. Skinner i read somewhere was a prospect teams were keeping on eye on.

3. kreidertime

Grubbe has sucked this season. He better get some offense going.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2022
  4. Ranger71

He's like another Gropp in the making. :ohmy:

5. kreidertime

What a disappointment he was.

6. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Jones sent down again for the immortal Johnny brodzinski

7. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

Lol I saw they extended brodzinsky for another two years.

8. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

So dumb. Maybe he is a piece in a trade and they are trying to keep him from getting hurt?

9. kreidertime

No, he's a good AHL player and you need some of those to help your prospects develop there. They have quite a few promising prospects that should be in the AHL next year. You need solid vets on that team.

10. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

I was referring to Jones. Probably should have quoted Mel.

mrmel29 likes this.
  11. kreidertime

Ahhhh. Maybe they are showcasing Hajek or trying to dump Nemeth. I'd say he's scratching McKegg but as we all know he'll fuck Barron over as usual.

12. kreidertime

Lundkvist with 3 A last night. That’s good for the team trade wise.

13. kreidertime

Lundkvist with a goal today. He’s finally picking it up now in the AHL. Veirling with two goals today he hasn’t had a great year he was stupid and didn’t play at all last season.

14. Ranger71

Sounds like they're going to sign that smallish center from UMass. He's from L.I. and grew up a Ranger fan.

15. kreidertime

He is supposed to be really good. It's amazing to me how these players from college want to come here knowing how hard it will be to get a roster spot on this club going forward. Strome has been a good Ranger but I don't see the Rangers keeping him when then can probably sign Copp and Vatrano for a a million or two more combined. Doesn't make sense. Strome, Georgiev, Braun out is about 9 million off the cap. Then you figure Hunt, Gauthier, McKegg and Rooney is another 3 million off the cap. Kinkaid, and Hajek is another 1.5 off the cap. Not sure if Shattenkirk and Hank are coming off next year. I think you have to bring Reeves back for a season until Cuylle is ready.

Kreider-Zibanejad-Vatrano
    Panarin-Cobb-Kakko
    Lafreniere-Chytil-Goodrow
    Reeves-Motte-Blais

Something like that. Maybe you bring back Rooney.

16. Ranger71

Hope Kakko can get back with 5-6g left so he can get some game action in before round 1. Re-signing these new guys would definately work well within the cap this summer and would really make for a strong roster going into next season. Not Braun of course. Wonder if they'll kick the tires on Chychrun.

17. kreidertime

Cuylle with the hat trick last night. Now has 38 g, 35 A in 51 games. His center Johnston leads the league with 110 points. Othman is 7th in the league in scoring with 41 g, 44 A. Cuylle is 16th in the league in scoring. Impressive thing is both these players have size and an edge to their game which translate well to the NHL. Korczak had 1 G 1 A. He is winning 60% of his draws. He has 22 g, 49 A in 61 games. His faceoffs and defense have dramatically improved. Grubbe had 2 goals. Maybe he can find more offense to his game next season. Pussy Kravtsov has 5 g, 3 a in 9 playoff games. I don't know what they will do with that dumbass. Jones has 7 G 20 A in 38 AHL games. I gotta think some team is going to try to acquire him next season. It's been a good year for our prospects.

mrmel29 likes this.
  18. kreidertime

Trivigno had 2 A in his AHL debut. Maybe he will be another Zucc for us. Small guy that gets it done. The Pack have become a cess pool of older, AHL hasbeens. They really need a infusion of our better prospects next year. Lundkvist has not played the last couple games. He must be hurt or some deal. I wonder because he played in Europe if Othmann is eligible to play next year for the Pack. I think Korczak can. Not sure. He's born in late September. Cuylle will be there. Henriksson needs to play in the AHL if he has any chance of a career. He sucks in his league. Garand should be in the AHL. Vierling should be there. Berard was born early September. He might be eligible.

19. kreidertime

So if you were signed in Europe or gave up college eligibility, you can play in the AHL before 18. If you played 4 junior seasons you are eligible to play in the AHL. Korczak has done this so he can play in the AHL. Thank God. He also was born late September.

"Any player already playing for a team in the CHL when he is drafted will be ineligible to play for the minor professional leagues until he is 20 (by December 31st of that season) or has played four seasons in the CHL. "

Othmann was born Jan 5th so he just missed the date which blooooows. He will have to play another year in juniors which will be a total waste for him. Maybe he can make the team next season. Honestly, I would rather have him play for the Rangers than waste another year in juniors if he's even close to playing in the NHL.

20. kreidertime

So next year the Pack should at least have Trivigno, Korczak, Berard, Cuylle, Garand and Vierling. Henriksson should come over but something tells me he's already given up on making the NHL.