Prospect update

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Barron and Cornell are ranked #1.

2. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

At worst I think Barron will be a top, heavy, physical 4th line forward which we badly need. Our 4th line is a joke.

3. kreidertime

Kravtsov finally did something. 2A and a +3. Hopefully, he can go on a run now and turn around his crap year. Skinner and Gross both had 1 G 1 A. Keane had 1 G 2 A for the Pack. Gross from scouting report reminds me a lot of Lindgren. Steady, some puck moving ability, tough and keeps the puck out of his net. Simply put, there aren't even close to enough defenseman spots for all the defenseman in our system. Even if Skjei, Staal and Smith are outta here. Same with goalies. At some point, a team looking to rebuild is going to part with a proven, young, talented forward for a package. I tell you. Detroit sucks. They need to rebuild and they need a lot of what we have extra on defense and in goal. Larkin would sure be good here and I don't think Detroit would mind moving him in the right deal because their future is quite bleak right now. It would take a lot to get him but we surely have the pieces. He's also about 53% on draws and is 23.

Georgiev, Hajek, Kravtsov and Lundkvist for Larkin. It's a lot but worth it IMO. Larkin would be a top 6 guy here for another 10 years. He would a guy I would move Lundkvist for.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  4. RangersFan

RangersFan Well-Known Member

Gorton and JD know that. I have little doubt a deal of dmen/Georgiev for a very good forward will happen at some point. I would guess a couple north-south forwards will be added.

5. Ranger71

I don't know, I'm not really willing to move Kravtsov, as i think next year he's going to take off and by 2021 be ready for a cost effective full-time spot. He has a Kuznetsov quality to him though he's been an enigma early on. Alot of it is coming from Russia and a wide open league like the K to a new country, much like Kakko. Larkin is very good but I'd aim higher if moving Krav and Lundkvist together.

RangersFan likes this.
  6. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Robertson 3g 6a in last 6 games. :ghoti:

7. kreidertime

Yeah I've been following his box scores. Looks like he's turning it around. He's on a top team as well. That is probably Skjei's eventual replacement for sure. Your looking at a left side of Miller, Lindgren and Robertson eventually. Which makes Skjei, Rykov and Hajek all eventually trade bait.

8. RangersFan

RangersFan Well-Known Member

They should deal Skjei to the Leafs for a very good forward. I hear that's what the Leafs are looking for, a top 4 LD for a very good forward since they are loaded upfront.

mrmel29 likes this.
  9. kreidertime

I'd take Kapanen for Skjei. When you have Rykov and Hajek at the AHL, it's not like Skjei is the difference of this team making the playoffs though he is a lot better than our thickhead fan base who constantly bashes all the defenseman gives him credit for.

mrmel29 likes this.
  10. kreidertime

Kravtsov with 2 A and a+3. 4 points in his last 3 games and is a +5. He's playing with Lettieri who should be playing over that loser Smith. Another stupid move by Quinn.

11. theProdigy223

theProdigy223 Well-Known Member

It's good he's starting to see some production, it can only help his confidence. That's huge for a player at his stage of development. If he's not traded, we really need him to turn into that top 6 winger he was recently projected to be. There isnt much else (if anything) in the system that has that kind of ceiling on the wing.

12. kreidertime

Let us pray he isn't a bust.

13. kreidertime

Barron 2 goals last night. Cornell plays a defensive style so averaging over a PPG is pretty darn good for that team. Finally a forward with a good size to weight ratio at 6'3, 215 pounds.

14. theProdigy223

theProdigy223 Well-Known Member

I don’t know what his defensive game is like but with that size he could be an intriguing 3C option down the road.

15. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Joey keane recalled for tonight’s game!! Hmmmmmm!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  16. kreidertime

Barron 2 G 1A now with 28 points in 24 games on one of the best defensive teams in the country. Always funny to hear morons on HF try to diminish the prospect he is. This guy will be a good NHL player. Sometimes you get those guys who put up 40 points in college or juniors, 40 points in the AHL then 40 points in the NHL. I think he's that type. With his size, strength, hockey IQ and shot he should be a guy that always gets garbage goals, tip in's and is excellent defensively. The team surely needs another guy like that. Especially in games vs a team with the Jackets style of play.

17. kreidertime

Great night for prospects. Pujuniemi had 2 goals and now has 25 goals, 37 points in 46 games in Liiga. Impressive. An injury slowed him down but he's back now. Barron with this 14th. Guy just gets it done almost every game. Lias had 2 goals. Still have hope for him. We need more players like him with grit who can hit if the team is to win physical, playoff series. Kravtsov with 1 G 1 A, 9 points in his last 15 games and he's a plus player. Maybe headed in the right direction. Gross and Robertson are playing well. Miller seems to be a plus player lately on a team that has no clue.

18. kreidertime

Robertson a plus 13 in his last 10 games and now has 42 points. Another big, fast, left handed defenseman with offensive and defensive skills.

19. kreidertime

This team will have crazy size up front real soon with talent to go with it. I really think we need to get a legit, second line center in here. Zibanejad has had concussion issues. It's a concern. I'm still going after Hertl even with his knee injury. He could be PPG guy here on a good contract, locked up and he's a 54% faceoff guy. If you can get them to take Staal or Smith which have to be part of the deal, I have no problem sending them a package like Hajek, Rykov, Andersson and a 1st. I like Lias still. That would go a long way to helping them rebuild. They have so many bad contracts long term that after Staal or Smith is up, it gives them cap relief. His value should be down some after that injury but I'd still go for him.

20. Ranger71

If the team is out of the playoffs i wouldn't be surprised to see Kravtsov for the last 2-3 games in April.