Prospect update

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

The Ryan Gropp era is officially over. :blink:

2. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

God he sucked. He had all the tools. Size. Speed. Shot. He was useless. Physically it looked like he refused to lift a weight. Liked the pick at the time from what our scouts said. Guess you make up crap picks like that with the Shesterkin's and Barron's.

3. Ranger71

Lindbom's got a 2.00 GAA after 2 games. Watch out!:lol:

4. Ranger71

Robertson will miss the WJC due to some Covid related thing, but Garand and Berard will be in it. Garand looks like a really nice G prospect who probably could've gone in the 2nd round, as opposed to Lindbom who looks like a total bust at this point and should've gone in the 5th/6th. Not sure what they were looking at there, plus they didn't need a goalie that badly.

5. kreidertime

Not the first time they screwed the pooch taking a goalie in the second round. SMH. Skinner made it also. Personally, I don't give a fuck about the WJC's any longer. I care about the big club. We have everything now to be a cup contender. We just need young guys to step up and keep improving. We need some young centers to mature. I don't trust Strome and Zibanejad has had concussion issues.

6. kreidertime

I guess they signed Schneider to the AHL. That is a good thing. Honestly, I expect that he might be brought up and played on the left side once Gorton realizes that Johnson and Smith sucks dong. Quinn has a hard on for Smith and he's awful. Gorton has to stupid proof Quinn with a couple of players.

7. NYR Fan

NYR Fan Well-Known Member

Interesting you feel Quinn has a hard on for Smith when it sounds as if he'll be the 7th dman and Johnson beat him out to be the 6th dman starting with DeAngelo.

I don't get your take on this. Gorton added no one on D in the offseason due to cap issues. Quinn is playing Miller on the 1st pair (showing he is open and flexible to players stepping up). He is left with a terrible choice between Johnson and Smith as the 3rd pair LD. It appears he is going with Johnson to start. Not sure what else you'd expect Quinn to do to start the season.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  8. kreidertime

Quinn had all last season to stop playing Smith on the 4th line or on D. He sucked that assclown off. Gettinger at 21 with great size played two games, was a plus 1 and had 1 A. A top coach would not have continued to play Smith with no upside over him during a rebuild. He bailed on Hajek over Smith when Hajek got healthy. Another stupid move in a rebuild. Smith played 62 games had 8 points and was a -12. He fucking sucks. I'd rather watch Gettinger or Hajek struggle with a rebuilding team. Johnson is a piece of shit. Believe me, Quinn will look to put Smith in quick.

9. kreidertime

Henriksson 40 career SHL games, 0 goals and 5 assists. Safe to say he pretty much sucks and that was a waste of a second round pick.

10. Ranger71

Wow, 0 in 40 games??:ohmy: He looked like a pretty solid pick but i guess they all do at the time. Well, except for that one goalie also taken in the...2nd round out of Sweden.

11. kreidertime

Kravtsov started out on fire, got hurt and now has pretty much done shit since. I would think Zac Jones, DeAngelo, Kravtsov and Chytil would all be on the table in a deal for Dubois.

12. kreidertime

All I know is if they don't trade for Dubois, they better trade DeAngelo for a later first and take 2 centers with their first rounders. They suck ass at center past Zibanejad.

13. NYR Fan

I don't want to hear that. To me that option is unacceptable. We should not be looking to the draft for a C, we need to add one via trade or signing. This team is about to enter its window for a SC threat next season, and drafting a C at 17 isn't going to cut it. We need to add a legit proven C to pair with Ziban, period IMO.

Add Kakko to the list for Dubois and get it (or something) done.

14. NYR Fan

If we can't get Dubois because he wants Montreal and/or CBJ won't trade him in division, I would go all in on Barkov. We have the pieces to make Florida a great offer.

15. Ranger71

Deangelo and Tortorello, watch out Columbus trattoria's! I'm still not big on giving up Kravtsov, though he does run hot and cold. I'd go with Chytil/DA/Kakko and a 2nd for Dubois and a 3rd.

16. kreidertime

With a young defense and goalies Lafrenierre and Kakko, this teams window is very long. We are looking at 10 years at least. Yeah, it would be nice to get a center but the truth is that teams just don't win cups with defenses as young as ours and vets that aren't dominant. Look at Tampa. Hedman 30 and McDonagh 31. They win nothing without that pairing. They brought in Bogosian and Shattenkirk, 30 year olds. They had two young defenseman out there.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  17. NYR Fan

I'll just say this, in the NHL windows are never as long as you think, especially now given the extra tight cap. In addition, we have too many kids to play and pay them all, and they won't all be hits either.

To me if Gorton doesn't make some smart deals moving some kids for proven "young vets" it is a huge miss and a mistake. And one of the "young vets" added needs to be # 2 C.

Picking a C # 12 in the draft is not the answer. That's a player we'll see in 3 years if lucky, and that is not what we should be focused on starting next season.

As each season goes on the kids will be up for raises and bigger cap hits. We need to be mindful of that in assessing our needs, window, and who we keep. At some point we need to jump smartly.

18. Ranger71

We do need an established big time C to go with Z right now, but also with our upcoming drafts they do need high end centers as it's a shortage in the system.

19. kreidertime

Yep. Drafting centers with high picks is a huge need in the next couple years.

Ranger71 likes this.
  20. NYR Fan

I agree with that also, but that cannot be THE solution. We need to sign/trade for a # 2 C to complete the team now, AND draft some C's to get them into the pipeline moving forward. That's the plan Gorton needs to go with.