Politics Public Impeachment Hearings

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Strenuus, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    I don't watch Maddow. It's got something to do with her demeanor which I find irritating. For example, she's always shuffling papers.
    A person can be smart as a whip but I won't watch them if they have certain demeanor flaws. Another prime example is people who use superfluous language. There used to be a cooking show with Emeril Lagassé. He can go on and on speaking volumes without really saying anything or he would say an awful lot before getting to the point.

2. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

I misquoted Schumer it was six ways. Anyway, I don't watch her show either but just watch this short clip

3. Lanny

Can't handle Rachel for even one second.

4. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    The rest of us rely on real facts while you apparently prefer alternative facts and as we know by the brilliant Rudy G, the truth isn't always the truth. Your boy really has a knack of hiring brilliant people. :biglaugh:

5. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    and don't forget this brilliant statement by your boy as Pelosi and Schumer totally owned trump in front of the cameras. Love the wry smile by Schumer when trump claims he will own the shutdown. Of course as we know, as soon as the government was closed he then blamed the democrats. Hard to get any better than this, lol.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...ent-shut-down-chuck-schumer-white-house-video

6. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

7. ABM

ABM Happily Married In Music City, USA!

Commercial Real Estate
    Heh, I knew you wouldn't be able to resist removing me from Ignore status.

8. yankeesince59

Damnit man, can't you see that CW is mad about you?

9. yankeesince59

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ciate-asks-share-info-house-intel/2780082001/

Lev Parnas, Giuliani associate, asks to share info and documents with House Intel Committee

Lev Parnas, an indicted associate of President Donald Trump's personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani, announced Monday that they asked a judge permission to turn over documents and iPhone data to the House Intelligence Committee.

“We’ve asked the Court for permission to give the contents of Lev Parnas’s iPhone and other documents—to be produced to the defense by DOJ tomorrow—to the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence #HPSCI for use in the impeachment inquiry,” Joseph Bondy, Parnas' lawyer, wrote.

Pete Buttigieg: I would not have wanted my son on Ukraine board

"Review of these materials is essential to the Committee's ability to corroborate the strength of Mr. Parnas's potential testimony," Bondy continued in a letter to U.S. District Judge Paul Oetken, that he expects to receive from prosecutors the iPhone content and other documents on Tuesday that were previously seized from Parnas' house.

We’ve asked the Court for permission to give the contents of Lev Parnas’s iPhone and other documents—to be produced to the defense by DOJ tomorrow—to the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence #HPSCI for use in the impeachment inquiry. #LetLevSpeak #LevRemembers

Parnas, 47, a Ukraine-born businessman, was indicted in October with Belarus-born business associate Igor Fruman on charges they conspired to funnel hundreds of thousands of dollars in foreign money to U.S. political candidates and campaign committees. Evidence in the case includes $325,000 allegedly contributed under a false donor name to a super political action committee for Trump.

Both men have pleaded not guilty.

More:Trump says he has been denied due process. But the Constitution does not afford him that.

Parnas and Fruman helped Giuliani as he sought damaging information in Ukraine and elsewhere in Europe about the family of former Vice President Joe Biden – who's vying for the Democratic nomination to challenge Trump in the 2020 presidential election.

House lawmakers conducting the impeachment investigation against Trump subpoenaed Parnas and Fruman after they learned of Giuliani's drive to oust Marie Yovanovitch, who served as the U.S. ambassador to Ukraine. After Trump complained about Yovanovitch, the U.S. Department of State recalled the veteran diplomat from her post in May.

The potential new documents come weeks after Trump was impeached on two articles — abuse of power and obstruction of Congress.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has not yet sent the articles to the Senate.

Lanny likes this.
  10. Lanny

Do people have the right to say that they didn't see this coming?

11. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Michigan 'swing voters' rip Pelosi and Democrats over impeachment push
    By Matt London | Fox News
    Get Fox Nation

A recent focus group with 10 Michigan voters revealed potential warning signs for Democrats ahead of the 2020 election, as the focus group roundly ripped impeachment as a waste of time.

The panel was comprised of people who voted for President Barack Obama in 2012 and then switched parties to vote for President Donald Trump in 2016.

Michigan went for Trump over Hillary Clinton in 2016 by less than half a percentage point. In 2012, Obama carried that state by 9 percentage points over then-Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney.

"The focus is in the wrong direction... not working on policies that will help the people," said a man in the Saginaw, Mich. group conducted by the communications firm, Engagious on Dec. 9. The House of Representatives voted to impeach Trump on Dec. 18.

"Why is the focus continually on trying to get rid of Trump... What are you doing for us? " said one woman in reaction to the ongoing impeachment inquiry at the time.

"Give it up, Nancy," added another man.

The Michigan focus group "seemed to find that these are folks -- who are not swing voters -- they're kind of just Trump voters now," said Fox News contributor and pollster Kristen Soltis Anderson on her new Fox Nation show, "What Are The Odds?"

"These focus groups are great," said her guest, co-founder of Optimus Polling, Scott Tranter. "It pretty much describes probably what everyone's feeling when they watch a reality show. They're like, 'look, this isn't about you guys.'"

"[These Michigan voters] don't care about the press conferences or the hearings or anything like that," continued Tranter. "They want to know, what are you passing? And how are you helping my health care? How are you helping my job situation? How are helping my local economy?"

The apparent findings of this voter group also appear to track with the latest Fox News and CNN polling on the political impact of impeachment.

The Fox News Poll, conducted Dec. 8 -11, among registered voters nationally, showed that 50% supported the impeachment and removal of the president from office -- those results are nearly unchanged from late October.

A December 17 CNN poll, released one day before the House of Representatives voted to impeach Trump, asked, "Do you think the ongoing impeachment inquiry will help Donald Trump’s chances to be re-elected president in November 2020?"

About 32 percent of respondents in that poll said that the impeachment inquiry would help Trump's chances, 37 percent said it would make no difference and 25 percent said the process would hurt Trump's chances of re-election.

"The 'no effect' as well as the 'positive effect' would put it well over 50 percent are neutral or better," said Tranter, analyzing the data. "That's the underlying reason why... most people haven't changed their opinions about impeachment over the last couple of months and [Trump's] job approval has gone up. So it just gives us a good example of why the numbers haven't moved."

12. yankeesince59

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/fox-news/

Lanny likes this.
  13. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

So uhh.... Official unredacted messages clearly show that the "president" (we havent had one since 2016) officially made the call to hold up the aid.

How much more can the republicans ignore? McConnell cant be blackmailed this bad can he? Lmao.

Chris Craig and Lanny like this.
  14. yankeesince59

15. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Not blackmailed, just an evil bastard

16. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Senate Republican eyes rule change to kick start Trump impeachment trial
    By Tim Ahmann

ReutersJanuary 5, 2020

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The head of the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee said on Sunday he wants the Senate to launch an impeachment trial of President Donald Trump within days and wrap it up this month, even if it means changing Senate rules.

The Democratic-controlled House of Representatives last month voted to impeach Trump for abuse of power in pressuring Ukraine to investigate a political rival and for obstructing the House impeachment probe.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, however, has not yet sent the articles of impeachment to the Republican-led Senate, where the president would be tried, as Democrats have sought to pressure Republicans to call witnesses.

Speaking on Fox News Channel's "Sunday Morning Futures," Republican Senator Lindsey Graham said he wants to change the Senate rules to kick start a trial if Pelosi does not send the articles of impeachment.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, a Republican, said on Friday the Senate cannot proceed with a trial under its rules until it receives them.

McConnell has argued that any decision on potential witnesses should come after senators have heard opening arguments and have had a chance to ask questions.

"My goal is to start this trial in the next coming days," Graham said. "If we don't get the articles this week, then we need to take matters in our own hands and change the rules."

"This thing needs to be over with in January," he said, arguing that a delay denies Trump an opportunity to confront the accusations and impedes Congress' ability to pursue other business.

17. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    "Holding up aid" while ensuring it is going to legitimate parties who will use it as intended is an important part of a President's job.

Something Obama did not do when he smuggled $150,000,000,000 in cash to Soleimani.

18. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
  19. Lanny

That ain't goin' nowhere.

20. Lanny

Wrong. 70% want witnesses to testify.
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/expect-fair-trial-trump-10-aides-testify-poll/story?id=67761813

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...p-should-let-aides-testify-senate/2675644001/

https://www.usnews.com/news/politic...rumps-impeachment-removal-grows-in-new-survey

And your poll is from the reverend Sun Myung Moon's newspaper The Washington Times.