Politics Public Impeachment Hearings

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Strenuus, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    Let your confidence set your bet amount. No need to make it zero unless . . .

2. calvin natt

calvin natt Confeve

I see you’re all dutifully following Maris. So silly.

3. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

They know he isn't Hillary and isn't a left wing nut job. Left wing nut jobs with the purest soul who wouldn't harm a kitten won't get any votes from people who see what the leftists do to America.

I don't see why it is such a hard concept. Maybe an example from an old job will help.

We had a parts person named Jackie. She was the nastiest woman I have ever met. Things she said to the bodymen would get a male punched in the face. Everyone hated her....except me.

My boss asked me if he should fire her and I told him I might quit if he did. He was shocked because everyone else said they would quit if he DIDN'T get rid of her.

I told him they were all babies and she always got my parts and did her job perfectly.

I've worked with nice morons too often to care about that. My parts being accurate and timely make me more money and my life easier.

MARIS61 likes this.
  4. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

Hmmm...I hope I don't have to forfeit my message board cape.

5. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    Unlike the right wingers that have put us in wars and recessions. :biglaugh:

6. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

Derp a derp

7. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Guess you missed the news yesterday.

As always, I have been proven correct.

8. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

"intellectually lazy"?....Uhhh, no, try again, "Mensa"...I asked for YOUR reply, not your usual "copy and paste" fest.

And like your Fuhrer, simply saying something does not make it true, so yes, my question WAS "relevant".

...do you have a relevant answer or not?

9. Lanny

I guess you misunderstood the news.

10. Lanny

11. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

So there are no nice, competent parts people available?

Is it your theory that a person has to be an asshole to be competent?

Is it your theory that no leftists are assholes?

Isn't the current incompetent asshole in the white house a powerful counterexample to whatever your theory is?

Your example is just not very convincing.

barfo

12. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

You remember that kid? The one who never studied or did homework but when it was time for exams contrived to sit behind a smart kid and copy off his/her paper? And then bragged about it? That always struck me as odd back then; not that someone would cheat, that wasn't unusual, but that they would consider it admirable. And that others would consider it admirable. I guess that's why I'm not a Trump supporter. Trump is that kid.

He has two lines. First, he is the world's #1 victim. No one has suffered more, no one is more persecuted, than he. His followers, who deride #MeToo and Black Lives Matter as "victimology" (silly women who don't want to be raped and dumb black people not wanting to be shot by police!), totally agree. Because when he says he's a victim, he also means they are victims. They did not simply politically disagree with President Obama, they were outraged that a black man was president of "their" country. And that his first Supreme Court nominee was a Puerto Rican woman whose first language was Spanish. They are outraged when same sex couples get married, not because they are fundamentalists who want to see us burn in hell, but because they use the term "gay" (and others we can't say on S2) as an insult, and to see folks gaily, so to speak, celebrate their weddings was an outrage. They are furious at "press 2 for Spanish" and ballots in Chinese. Trump is telling them they, the Real Americans (defined as white, male, Christian, heterosexual, not college educated, not artists, don't live on the West Coast, New York, Massachusetts, or any major city, don't speak any language other than English) are the persecuted victims of gays, Muslims, immigrants, overeducated snobs, and he is the emblem of that victimhood.

Second, he is the greatest ever. And that means they are the greatest. It's why his supporters can't really list his accomplishments and don't care. Because he is not only pissing off liberals, he is restoring the glory of Real Americans after 8 years of suffering with a Black president and damn near having not only a woman as president but one they see as the symbol of evil feminism. Trump's first official act was to reinstate the global gag rule, extended far beyond what Reagan and the Bushes proclaimed, which takes away health care from women abroad, mostly women of color. He signed the order surrounded by white males. Some asked if that was bad optics. It wasn't. It was deliberate. He was proclaiming white men are running things again. And because he is their idea of alpha male, rather funny considering Trump is such a coward, he is supposed to cheat. He is supposed to assault women. He is supposed to display cruelties small and large, from juvenile name calling to caging children and taking away food. Because he is that kid and they love it.

Lanny likes this.