Quick hits the nail on the hid

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Natebishop3, Mar 26, 2012.

1. BLAZINGGIANTS

BLAZINGGIANTS Well-Known Member

Funny. Pretty much everything Quick says in this, I said in another thread on Felton immediately after the trade deadline. But my points were simply points, and didn't have the emotional baggage and feeling of retaliation of a child (Quick) who was just picked on (by Felton). I even touched on the reason they continue to play Felton, which I truly believe is the reason the Blazers feel trapped to play Felton:

The only reason I can figure on why Felton hasn't been exiled to the bench is league-wide perception. The Blazers figure to be a player in the free-agent market this summer, with upwards of $20 million to lure players to Portland. The team is always conscious of how agents and players view them as a destination.

Felton is garbage. People are impressed with him, suddenly (not most of the posters here, but he seems to have caused some intrigue with the common fan). A few solid games when we're out of playoff contention hasn't changed my impression on him.

2. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

I expected nothing less of this organization that to screw up rebuilding

3. Sinobas

Sinobas Banned User BANNED

I'm sure 99% of Blazer fans, including me, totally agree with Quick. I don't care so much about seeing Thabeet, but we could have something in Flynn. He's got a 5 mil team option next year, and we need to see what we've got.

4. Wheels

Wheels Is That A Challenge?!?!1! Staff Member Global Moderator

A Lower seeded Western team, and a team without its League MVP. Color me excited.

5. BLAZINGGIANTS

No he doesn't. Houston already turned that down (for Thabeet as well). So both are FA's after the year (and unrestricted).

6. BLAZINGGIANTS

The Bulls beat the Heat without Rose just a night or two before.

And Memphis was #4 in the West before that loss, and LAC/Dallas wins.

Just sayin'.

7. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RipCity

If anything this statement should clue you in to how clueless JQuick really is.

100% Spot on in matching you view. This Franchise Feels indebted to Felton? Really??? Riight.

And as far as cancer goes, if anyone is the cancer its Jquick, perpetuating rumors to no end.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  8. BLAZER PROPHET

BLAZER PROPHET Well-Known Member

dental malpractice claims adjuster
    I'm not so sure.

We do know that Felton was unhappy and someone rallied a cancer on the team that involved Camby and Wallace.

We will disagree on this one. Failton is a loser and a quitter and a cancer. The sooner his sorry ass is out the better.

9. BLAZINGGIANTS

10. Nikolokolus

Nikolokolus There's always next year

Look at any organization be it a company or a sports team, the only thing that is truly crippling is having people in a position of authority with no commitment to whatever vision about where they want to be or where they want to go. You end up with a kludge of half-measures and false starts that usually won't add up to a popcorn fart.

All of the moves they made at the trade deadline were clearly the things you do when you've decided to blow it up, so live with the fucking decision and do all of the other steps that come after it; don't half-ass it by continuing to ride Felton when you absolutely know he's not coming back and you have important decisions to make on Smith and Flynn -- decisions that can't wait until the summer because of contract situations and needing to know what you have before you get to the draft or free agency.

This is like being lost in the woods and having to choose between waiting it out for a rescue or choosing to find your own way out. You can't (or shouldn't) do both.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  11. Stevenson

Stevenson Old School

Writer
    Every time I watch Nolan Smith play I am impressed. He clearly is a guy who played four years of college, the right way, at a major basketball powerhouse. His hoops IQ seems high and he is fundamentally sound.

12. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RipCity

Think most can agree that Felton has black balled himself, no blaming the organization. Fact is, Portland has the best fans in the league and a culture that cares about winning, bottom line that's what attracts players here.

You absolutely know it, The Blazers Organization does not. Fact is, Felton's the only one experienced enough of all our guards.

13. Nikolokolus

Nikolokolus There's always next year

Had a few lunches with Paul Allen and Larry Miller have you? Did they give you a scouting report too about some of the players they might be looking at in the draft?

14. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RipCity

Yup, and a PG is not one of them.

15. BLAZINGGIANTS

Wish I could agree. While I agree Felton is responsible for the mess surrounding his situation, that sentiment really only stays in Portland. But the fact is, the players and agents have far too much influence and impact. Portland can't afford to damage it's image with potential FA's. Fact is, situations like this have been occurring for years. You screw with a player, whether or not the player deserved it, and the organization that screwed with the player often faces ramifications, such as players avoiding the organization or agents steering their players away.

And the fact is, Portland has long struggled to be a destination for FA's. Brian Grant may be the biggest score for us in modern history. Not bad, not great, though. So, while I agree we have the best fans, our history (or lack there of) of landing FA's tells me that there is a lot more to landing players than the fans.

And I hate to say it, but I think there would be a lot of players who would be unsure of joining an organization in such disarray. Not saying things won't settle before the summer FA period begins, but I'm not holding my breathe, either.

16. BLAZINGGIANTS

Our only guard experienced at what? JC, Wes... they both have experience.

If you're just referring to PG's.... This is the time to get our young guys experience and exposure. They aren't going to grow without playing. Sure, we lose some games (which ultimately benefits our draft position). But we're not making the playoffs, anyway, so let's get a better position in the draft AND develop guys who could be here next year, rather than playing some headache who will not be back.

17. magnifier661

magnifier661 B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Cracking fools in the skull
    Quick likes to masterbate to anime. Just saying'

18. BLAZINGGIANTS

So do you, Mags. But I'm assuming it's okay for you and not Quick because you're part-Asian??:lol:

19. The_Lillard_King

The_Lillard_King Westside

Want a scouting report on Smith and Flynn, that's easy . . . niether are starting NBA point guards.

I know the love affair trap that often happens with new players and draft picks, but does Quick really think the Blazers don't know what they have in these "new" players . . . not that hard to figure out why Flynn has been bounced around and why Thabeet can't get any playing time in the NBA. Blazers didn't make the trades for these players and I doubt they are signifcant pieces in any good team going forward.

When the Blazers are mathmatically out of it, then it's time to rest Aldridge and company for the season and let the young guys play lots of minutes in the last 5 or so games.

But unitl then the idea of playing these guys lots of minutes and benching Felton is the same as saying the Blazers are giving up trying to win games. And I think that is a bad idea of a few levels (resigning Nic, attracting FAs, keeping LA happy)

Qucik doesn't think the Blazers owe Felton anything, but he should go on and say they don't owe Flynn or Thabeet anything. To change game plans to get these guys minutes is like the tail wagging the dog.

DaLincolnJones likes this.
  20. DaLincolnJones

DaLincolnJones Well-Known Member

Geart post, very astute. Fuck Quick, he couldent hit a nail with a fuckin Hummer.Just more of his self promoting , self aggrandizing bullshit.