Quinn = Dumb fuck

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Rangers94

Rangers94 Well-Known Member

He’s a young player and was told that the third best goalie gives the team a better chance to win then him. That 100% can have a mental effect on ANY player, especially a young player. Now, he could come out and play lights out in the next game to show to Quinn that Quinn’s an idiot and that He should have started game 1 (and I hope that’s what happens). However, it is not out of the realm of possibilities that this could hurt the kids confidence or leave a sour taste in his mouth over how he was treated by Quinn.

2. strudwickisthebest

strudwickisthebest Well-Known Member

Man I really hope hank is in net for game 2

3. RangersFan

RangersFan Well-Known Member

I hear you, I just think if his confidence is that fragile, he has very little shot to be a big success in NY. Plus that also assumes he was healthy and Quinn went with Hank over him today. We don't know for sure if that was the case.

4. theProdigy223

theProdigy223 Well-Known Member

Except where did you see that he was told this?? Nobody on this forum has the slightest idea whether this is the case or not yet it is being declaring as if it's documented fact.

Hank played great. Igor will play great when he is back in. If Panarin Kreider Buchnevich and Strome show up, or we score even 1 pp goal over our 8 opportunities, we win and nobody is even talking about this.

Ranger71 likes this.
  5. Rangers94

You serious? If you’re healthy and don’t start but the third best goalie does, then that’s EXACTLY what’s being said, verbally or not. We are ALL basing this off the fact that it’s being said that Igor will start game 2. If he was so unfit for today’s game then how is he so fit for a game in 2 days? Of course, Igor could have tweaked his groin or something and may not be in net for game 2 and then having him sit makes sense. But if he starts game 2, then odds are he could have played today which means he should have been the starter. It’s a poor coaching move in that Quinn has pigeonholed himself here. If he goes with Igor and Igor is totally fine and healthy then he has to answer why he didn’t play him in game 1. All this is for nothing anyways as Hank didn’t cost the team the game, but it COULD mess with the kids head unnecessarily. We all get to make these assumptions based off the fact that Quinn wasn’t forthcoming and started Hank out of nowhere. Nothing in that exhibition game made any of us think Igor wasn’t ready to go, therefore this is 100% a coaches decision unless there truly IS an injury and if there was I’d be shocked that he recovered that quick from one that kept him totally out of the game. Him sitting in the stands to me doesn’t mean he was fit enough to play, just means he doesn’t have Covid.

6. strudwickisthebest

Mental readiness is just as important as a physical readiness.

7. Rangers94

I think the only one here who thinks Hank lost us this game is Kreider (no surprise he’s on an island by himself where he swears he’s the only one right and the rest of us are wrong). We all agree Hank didn’t cost us the game. What we disagree on is Quinn’s handling of Shesty.

8. Rangers94

100% correct. When I’m saying healthy I do mean that as well. But that’s also why if he was truly ready to go and Quinn didn’t go with him, it could do more harm then good even if Hank would have won this game. We don’t need another Lias situation here. I doubt it happens but you just don’t know with this young kids nowadays. Back in the day they were tougher mentally. Now, not so much.

9. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Hank did not play great you moron. His first goal was complete shit. Put a young team behind the 8 ball one minute in the game. Second goal was a tough one to stop. Third goal, classic old Hank. Right thru the 5 hole. Bottom line is this team clearly shows it has no confidence in Hank with their below .500 record. 10-2 with Shesterkin in goal. Get it thru your fucking thick head Prod. 45% winning percentage with Hank in goal. 83% percentage winning percentage with Shesterkin in goal. Yes, Hank did lose us this game for many reasons.

10. kreidertime

You need your starter with a young team to make a fucking stop from a shit angle the first minute of the game. He didn't do it because he was old. The team didn't play well as they haven't all year with Hank in net. That's because they don't believe in him. Just look at the record with him in net and Shesterkin in net. The only goalie the team is below .500 with in net is Hank.

11. Rangers94

Whatever you say Mr. Perfect. You’re not worth arguing with because you’re a stubborn as a donkey...and as smart as one too.

12. theProdigy223

theProdigy223 Well-Known Member

You ok Dump? Why so angry today. First Im a retard, now Im a moron with a thick head. Go outside for a bit it's a beautiful day.

When a guy has an unobstructed shot from 3 feet out and goes perfect top shelf corner, after the winger completely loses coverage on the defenseman (because he is concussed), you cannot possibly put this all on the goalie. It was not a shit angle at all. It was a perfect shot from a guy just the other day you wanted us to trade for because he is so good. Igor MAY have stopped it because he plays farther out and might have had better positioning on that particular shot, but that's total speculation. There's no reason to twist facts about what happened on that play.

13. kreidertime

Get your fucking head out of your ass and acknowledge the facts. 45% win percentage with Hank. 83% with Shesterkin. The fact you are trying to defend this is fucking pathetic. I don't want to hear this isn't on Hank. As shaky as the team might have been they lost by one fucking goal with a guy that was almost 2 times less likely to win a game for them in net as they guy they put in the stands. Complete asswipe move from Quinn and the dickheads running this team.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  14. RangersFan

RangersFan Well-Known Member

Being fair, there is something to what Kreider is saying. The win % for this team with Hank in goal is bad. It is very good with Shes in goal. That cannot simply be a coincidence. Be it confidence, or ability to move the puck, or making more big saves. Not sure of the exact reason, but facts are facts.

With that said, no one knows if Shes was really hurt, or if it was an excuse to start Hank today. That's the reality. We can assume all we want, but no one knows for sure. If Shes starts Monday it does make this look a little fishy, but it doesn't automatically mean he was healthy today and Quinn went with Hank instead. He could have had a minor tweak, and Quinn decided to play it safe, and he'll be healed by Monday. Who knows, but based on comments today I'd expect Shes to start. And if not then it certainly does mean Shes really is hurt.

15. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

To me, it makes no sense whatsoever to start Hank over Igor if both are healthy. But you guys pointing to win% on the season as some type of indicator about the skaters' confidence in the goalie is just off the wall stupid. If that's the case, then how did the Rangers win all three games during the season they played against Carolina when Hank was in the net?
    If Igor is healthy, he absolutely must start game 2 (and game 3). If him not getting the game 1 start impacts him in any way other than putting a chip on his shoulder to show Quinn he made a mistake by not starting him in Game 1 then something is wrong with him.
    I didn't get to watch any of the game today at all but in listening on the radio it sounded like Hank made a handful of incredible saves that kept the Rangers in the game. Going 0-7 on the PP is a huge issue and reasonably the reason they lost the game today.

16. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

OK, just watched a replay of the 3rd Canes goal I think.. The one that went in off of Steal's skate. That is 1000000% not on Hank, if anything that a classic Steal own-goal. Blocking a shot from a side angle?! Just let the puck go through and allow the goal to make the save...or in this case, watch it sail wide of the net.

17. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

The last regular season game was March 11th. Suddenly calling this mess the playoffs is laughable.

18. kreidertime

Once again. 10-2 with Shesterkin in goal. There is a confidence the team has with him in net. It doesn't have it with Hank. It's not hard to understand. That unfit to play crap was total horseshit. They put the third best goalie in net in a best of 5 playoff series. That's why loser organizations do.

19. strudwickisthebest

McKegg, DiGuiseppe and Gauthier suck

20. strudwickisthebest

I didn’t even realize DiGuiseppe was playing and Gauthier is not a top 9 forward