Quinn = Dumb fuck

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Seems like Fast is going to be out, at least for this series, so they will have to adjust their pk and add someone to the 4th line.

2. RangersFan

RangersFan Well-Known Member

I think you move Kakko up to the 2nd line and go with: CK-MZ-PB & AP-RS-KK as your top two lines. Yes it leaves the 3rd line woefully short, but the Rangers don't have enough forward depth under normal circumstances (something they absolutely need to fix if they want to take the next step next season), so they might as well go for broke.

I think that gives them the best chance. Two legit scoring lines, and hope the 3rd and 4th lines don't kill you. Find a way to win game 2, and then you get Lemieux back for game 3, which will strengthen the 4th line.

Overall not ideal, but when you are very short on legit top 9 forwards you do what you have to do. And for the record Fast is not a legit top 9 forward, ideally he is a 4th line forward on a good team, he just plays a top 9 forward on this team because we don't have enough forward depth (at best he's a 9th forward).

3. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

Watched a few games yesterday and the Rangers looked to be in the poorest physical shape, no willingness to fight through forechecking and constantly getting beat to the puck.. The first goal is Hank in a nutshell, despite being so physically gifted he never focused on fundamentals like proper positioning and rudimentary stick handling. Hank had plenty of time to get over and hug the post so regardless of the shot's location it hits him, main difference between Hank and Fatso. I wouldn't blame the loss on Hank but back in the day when someone was suddenly deemed unfit to play it had to do with partying too much the night before.

I think we can all agree the officiating crew sucked the entertainment out of the game but the Rangers have to be better, no excuses when Igor is in goal Monday.

4. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Partying where, by the whirlpool or the Doritos machine on 6th floor of the hotel they can't leave? And that 1st goal wasn't a bad goal, the pass got there quickly and he roofed it.

5. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Gauthier doesn't suck. He's going to break out when the other young players mature with him and he plays on a line that has matured. He has the puck a lot. Carries the puck through the zone very well. He has shown a lot of flashes playing with checkers.

6. RangersFan

RangersFan Well-Known Member

Sounds like Kravtsov may be in tomorrow for Fast (him or Fogarty). I would put Kravtsov on the 3rd line with Chytil and DiGiuseppe. Then play Gauthier, Howden, and I guess McKegg on the 4th line.