Radio stream tonight

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by ant, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Jayps15

Jayps15 Active Member

Not being able to watch this game was excruciating after such a long summer!

Going only by the play by play and the boxscore it seemed to me like when Miller and Oden were in at the same time Oden got a lot of touches on offense, and it would seem like he just bullied around the kings bigmen tonight. If we see this sort of effect throughout the regular season then the league is in serious trouble.

Also it was nice to see both Miller and Oden step up to take the load off Brandon.

2. Wizard Mentor

Wizard Mentor Wizard Mentor

Master of Xen Foro
    I'm happy about it, but it was definitely against inferior competition - I mean the Kings front line, not the team itself.

3. Nikolokolus

Nikolokolus There's always next year

I think you're selling Thompson, Hawes and Brockman short. Ben from blazersedge did a sort of live blog from the game and he came away very impressed by the amount of scrap and hustle those guys gave (especially Thompson and Brockman). That team may be woefully undermanned, and incredibly shallow, but it sounds like they went up against a pretty resilient team tonight.

4. BlazerFanForLife

BlazerFanForLife Member

5. Eastoff

Eastoff But it was a beginning.

LMA had 20pts with 6 boards

6. BlazerCaravan

BlazerCaravan Hug a Bigot... to Death

I loved seeing Andre looking to feed Oden over and over again. It was like every move he made was to get Oden the ball eventually. Andre would direct guys to move here or there, entirely to get them in position to give Oden an entry pass. If you didn't move where he wanted, you got a talking to during the next timeout. It was pretty simple, and it's cool to see Miller do what we yelled at the TV about all last season...

FEED THE BEAST!

7. TripTango

TripTango Quick First Step

8. BoomChakaLaka

BoomChakaLaka Well-Known Member

Designer / Artist
    San Miguel de Allende, Mexico (formerly PDX)
    Not bad at all. I would like to see LMA average 9 boards a game. With that, he makes the All Stars.

22 / 9 gets him in. What do you think?

Short of these numbers, I think he has to wait.

And if Oden keeps it up - and with Yao gone - and Shaq back in the East...we may just see Oden an All Star! Go figure!!

9. BlazerFanForLife

BlazerFanForLife Member

Whoops there is a 1st half highlight video floating around somewhere on nba.com, the problem is i cant get you guys the link because when you choose a new video to watch the url stays the same.... Look under recent video's its about a minute long

10. Wizard Mentor

Wizard Mentor Wizard Mentor

Master of Xen Foro
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  11. Eastoff

Eastoff But it was a beginning.

were you there? I don't want to sound rude but how did you get this knowledge, I am jealous!

12. BlazerCaravan

BlazerCaravan Hug a Bigot... to Death

I was there, yeah. This was my one October game in my 11-game package.

13. maxiep

maxiep RIP Dr. Jack

Merchant Banker
    I think LMA replaces David West in the ASG this year. I still think the 4/5 players that are locks are going to be Duncan, Gasol, Nowitski and Stoudemire. LMA and Oden have a chance, but the Blazers have to have one of the top three records in the West.

14. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

Overall, it was a sloppy game where the pace was controlled by the officials constant calls. Portland looked less than sharp, but still look ten times better than the Kings. Before I get into individual stuff, I've got to make it clear how bad the Kings are. Sean May started, fouled out in 14 minutes, and was replaced by Kenny Thomas. Yes, that's the same Kenny Thomas that was over the hill in 2005.

Roy: Never seemed too into the game, outside of about 3 minutes in the 3rd quarter where it appeared he wanted to show himself and everyone else he could score any time he wants to.

LMA: Smooth...He scored a quite 20 points with even more fluidity than normal. You could see his ball handling is improved and he put it to use.

Oden: Wow. Greg looked way better. Spencer Hawes, Jon Brockman, Kenny Thomas, and Sean May tend to make opposing teams bigs look better. Greg showed a quick spin move that left Hawes in the dust, a nice left handed finish, a right hand hook with a much higher release, but my personal favorite was the turn and face 12ft elbow jumper he sank. On top of that he had a block on a shoot that was a good 2 feet above the rim and 8 second half rebounds.

Rudy: Seemed disinterested in the few minutes he played.

Joel: Same old Joel. Set good screens, made Hawes and Thompson work, and got rebounds in his area. He took quite a shot to the ribs.

Miller: For a guy who is clearly over-weight and not in playing shape, he sure was effective. His basketball savy made Sergio and Evans look foolish. His post up game was solid, hit his only jumper, and finished at the rim, all while playing at his own pace (Brandon Roy style). He did have a couple careless turnovers trying to get the break going.

Blake: Not his best game, but his minutes were real spotty and he never had a chance to get in any sort of a rhythm. Obviously Miller got the best of him tonight.

Webster: Rusty, but very active out there. It's clear that he has the ability to mold his game to whatever the team needs that night. Need a shooter? Need to relieve Batum and lock-down a SF? Want to make the opposing teams SF chase him and Rudy around the court for 48 minutes? Need someone to slash and take it to the paint? Webster has the skills to do all that, hopefully he puts it all together.

Batum: Was active as always. Missed a couple good looking shots near the rim. Played limited minutes, but only because he's had a busy summer, not because of his shoulder injury.

Outlaw: Same old Travis. Took some questionable shots, made half of them, and didn't do much else. Played exclusively at power foward.

Bayless: Played the last five minutes of the 2nd half and didn't show anything new outside of a shot that appears to have less of a hitch in it.

Udoka: Played the entire 4th quarter and looked very solid. The guy was more athletic than I remember. He knows where to be on defense. Doesn't need the ball on offense, but can space the court with his shot. Overall, I was very impressed.

I want to point out that the 2nd half starting lineup was Miller, Roy, Webster, Aldridge, and Oden. Neither that lineup or the original starting lineup was overly impressive together, so tonight shouldn't have changed anyone's mind on what group is best together.

I don't know who will start, but my guess is Miller, Roy, Batum, Aldridge, and Greg. I'm more confident that Miller, Roy, Rudy, Aldridge, and Greg will be the lineup we see at the end of close games.

Great to have the Blazers back, can't wait for the regular season.

Rip City!