Rafa Warns Of Tottenham Danger

Discussion in 'Liverpool FC' started by CelticKing, Oct 6, 2007.

1. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

<span class="titolo">Rafa Warns Of Tottenham Danger</span></p>

<span class="sommario">Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has warned his teams about the dangers posed by a quality Spurs side ahead of Sunday afternoon's Premiership clash.</span></p>

Spurs Backed To Come Good</p>

Tottenhamhave struggled thus far this season, but showed in their sensational comeback against Aston Villa on Monday what they can do when they do get it right.</p>

"I think they are a very good team,"Benitez told the presson Saturday afternoon.

"They have spent a lot of money to try and get in the top four and last season Martin Jol did a very good job.</p>

"But now they are under a bit of pressure. They have very good players, and while they are scoring goals they are also conceding them.

"Sometimes the bad luck in two or three games sees the players lose confidence but last season they showed that they were progressing and I think that they will be nearer the top of the table in time.

"They will improve but hopefully it will be after Sunday."</p>

Response To Marseille Defeat</p>

The rather distasteful defeat to Marseille is also unfinished business for Rafa, who wants an appropriate response. The Liverpool boss was happy his boys had a quick chance to remedy the situation.</p>

"If you have the chance to play a new game after a few days then things can change," he opined.

"It's always the same. Every year you know you can have some problems but if you can win some games in a row, everyone is much happier and we will try to do this."</p>

Liverpool are currently five points behind Manchester United with two games in hand, but perhaps more significantly, four behind Arsenal, who have also played the same number of games.</p>

</p>

2. man_u_barmy_army

man_u_barmy_army DYC Legend +Young Prodigy

<font face="Arial" size="2">I predict 2-2</font></p>

3. CelticKing

And you predicted right. [​IMG]</p>

2-2 it was. Liverpool barely escaped at the end. (91st minute I believe)</p>

4. man_u_barmy_army

<font face="Arial" size="2">wow i got it right for once ask me to do predictions more often</font></p>

5. CelticKing

Yep you did. lol</p>

Do it more often.</p>

Also Crouch again didn't play. I'm sure he's not happy at all. Might even ask to be sold or let go.</p>

6. man_u_barmy_army

<font face="Arial" size="2">bound to happen Crouch has been sold from every prem club he has been to</font></p>

7. bringiton

bringiton Theatre of Reality

Erm near enough every player gets sold from the club they came from, think about it.</p>

Anywasy the game itself was poor and Riise should give his wages back as its 1 of the worst performances from a Liverpoolplayer i've seen in ages. Absolutely shocking following on from his piss poor performance at Wigan last week.</p>

8. Art_gunner4life

Art_gunner4life DYC Arsenal Fan

They're perfomances have been pretty low lately, I cant believe they lost athome toMarseille, birmham, I meanthey have the squad to win, but rafa just messes with the squad so often, they have no chemistry going on between the players.I expect rafa to get sacked if they dont win crap this year or keepunderperformingafterspendingalot ontheir squad this offseason. They gotreally lucky to get away with a point against the spurs.</p>

9. bringiton

So we lost to Birmingham did we? Like I said before theres nothing like time to distort the truth. What exactly have Arsenal been winning the last couple of seasons?</p>

10. bbwMax

bbwMax Member

Woah what was the last piece iof Silverware Liverfool won? Champions league. Arsenal have had Calibration seasons so you have to allow for not so good performances but now we are back.</p>

Fabregas>Gerrard
    Van Perise>Torres</p>

11. CelticKing

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bringiton)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

So we lost to Birmingham did we? Like I said before theres nothing like time to distort the truth. What exactly have Arsenal been winning the last couple of seasons?</p>

</div></p>

Arsenal is at the top of the league right now.</p>

We're talking what teams are doing right now, not what they did billion of years ago. Noone cares.</p>

Liverpool right now sucks, not because their players suck, but because their coach is a dumb one that messes up with the rotation like every hour. They'll never get the chemistry going, they'll never gel like that.</p>

And again, they have probably the best bunch of players in the EPL, so they should be able to win the league, but seeing how things are going right now, they won't. Even Chelsea will be ahead of them. (with all their troubles)</p>
    <table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="height: 100%; table-layout: fixed;">
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td valign="top" style="height: 100%;" id="xEditingArea"><iframe width="100%" height="100%" frameborder="0" src="java script:void(0)" style="height: 322px;"></iframe></td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>

</p>

12. bbwMax

bbwMax Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticKing)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bringiton)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

</div></p>

Arsenal is at the top of the league right now.</p>

We're talking what teams are doing right now, not what they did billion of years ago. Noone cares.</p>

Liverpool right now sucks, not because their players suck, but because their coach is a dumb one that messes up with the rotation like every hour. They'll never get the chemistry going, they'll never gel like that.</p>

And again, they have probably the best bunch of players in the EPL, so they should be able to win the league, but seeing how things are going right now, they won't. Even Chelsea will be ahead of them. (with all their troubles)</p>
    <table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="height: 100%; table-layout: fixed;">
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td valign="top" id="xEditingArea" style="height: 100%;"><iframe width="100%" height="100%" frameborder="0" style="height: 322px;" src="java script:void(0)"></iframe></td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>

</p>

</div></p>

Precisely. The likes of Torres, Gerrard, Kuyt are better then most Arsenal players on Paper but their coach can't gel them together. Maybe he should stop the dumb ass Rotation Policy</p>

</p>

13. bringiton

I'm going to ask again. Have any of you actually read the piece on the other page, and I don't mean looked at, I mean read? You will then understand that it is just a myth. At the moment with Alonso and Agger injured they can't play but the statistics for the idiots who want to believe everything is wrong at Liverpool have it down as the team has rotated. We are still unbeaten in the league unless you have noticed. But hey don't let a little matter like the truth get in the way.</p>

14. CelticKing

I read it. But you don't rotate players just for the heck of it, just because you think a certain group will play better versus this team and so on. You have a rotation policy only when you have injured players, players coming back from international dutty, being tired, etc. (family problems and so on)</p>

Benitez is a great coach, one of my favorites, but the rotation that he has right now, is not good for the team, you have to accept that. And it has cost the team the first place in the league. They still have time, because they have lot of good players. I even said in some other thread that Torres will be the best player in the EPL probably in a year or two. He's that good. So why not play him the most, let him get the experience right now, and he'll be ready.</p>

15. Hudge

Hudge Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Max)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

Woah what was the last piece iof Silverware Liverfool won? Champions league. Arsenal have had Calibration seasons so you have to allow for not so good performances but now we are back.</p>

Fabregas>Gerrard
    Van Perise>Torres</p>

</div></p>

<font face="Arial">Do you watch football? You appear to know nothing about it, you have forgotten about the FA Cup and the Community Shield ([​IMG]) Oh and you may need to get your keyboard looked at as you seem to be typing > instead of <. PM me I know a good keyboard fixer.</font></p>

16. Y2Kyle

Y2Kyle DYC This is Anfield

This site is stupid, full of Arsenal supporters with no knowledge of football at all!</p>