Randolph or Wallace?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Voodoo Child, Jul 20, 2003.

1. Kid Canada

Kid Canada JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Vintage:</div><div class="quote_post">Randolph is 6'9"
    Webber is 6'10"

I fail to see a problem.

Elton Brand is 6'8" Of course, he has a huge wingspan as well. Barkley was 6'6" or below.

Heigth isn't always everything. Randolph needs to put more time and energy into his defense.</div>
    I just mentioned Webber because he plays bigger than 6'10'' There are lots of Tall power forwards and Randolf does nt have very long arms like Brand. I could nt see Randolf guarding KG. I dont get why they would trade a Superstar to make room for a future all star maybe. I guess he just needs to work on his defense.

2. Marion X

Marion X JBB JustBBall Member

Quote:

"After the playoffs their started being Sheed trade rumors and man I hope thats true. Don't mistake me because Sheed is a good player, but I do not want to see another Jermaine O'Neal type travesty so we can sink our heads even lower. If we dont trade Rasheed then the least we could do is start Sheed at center and Z-Bo at power. They are both quality players, but with Zach being younger and showing huge potential I think we should start him so he can face harder players than as a backup and therefore get better faster. In turn we should package Damon and Sheed the hell outta Portland."

When Jermaine O'neale was traded he got better. He was an all-star, and is the star on his team. he sucked out West. If Sheed were to get traded to the East, he would be an all-star, hands down.

3. Ghost

Ghost BBW Member

Of course he would. The east is so small Allen Iverson could play Shooting Guard. I would take Wallace now but in 2 years I would take Zach.

4. Vintage

Vintage Defeating Communism...

Hey you, from Alberqueque, NM who is reading this..........

5. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

This was brought up elsewhere.

Blazers should play Sheed at SF..and Randolph at PF...Sheed stays on the arc alot anyway...so he could do good there..plus he can give match-up problems to other teams with being 6'10..only thing is can he keep up with other teams SF?

6. hapnnsas

hapnnsas JBB JustBBall Member

That would be a good idea playing sheed at small forward because like you said Sheed can shoot. Randolph is more fit for a power forward because he is a banger in the post. To answer your other point, I think that Sheed should keep up with most small forwards, with the exceptions of Shawn Marion, Rashard Lewis and Richard Jefferson, (Those 3 off the top of my head). Sheed might be matched up on D against some power forwards and centers, putting Zach on the small forwards. I think that is a great idea though allnet, because Sheed and Zach are both excellent players and the both deserve to start. But I think it would be better to play Sheed at center and Zach at power forward. Because I think Bonzi and DA should both be able to start, and I doubt either is an effective point guard. So I think the starting lineup will be PG - Damon, SG - DA, SF - Bonzi, PF - Zach, C - Sheed. I also think at the beginning of the season Zach will not start, but get quality bennch minutes. Dale should have the start until Zach has proven he can consistantly do well.

7. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

I am surprised that the Blazers are this far in the offseason and still have both Randolph and Wallace.

8. Vintage

Vintage Defeating Communism...

Me too, in one way. But in the other hand, Randolph's defense is atrocious. Keeping Rasheed is still a necessity to be able to defend the elite big men in the W.C.

9. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

BUMP
    Oldest thread on here. Wonder where these guys are now? They not Blazers fans anymore?

10. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    Well one is off defeating communism.

11. hoopsjock

hoopsjock Well-Known Member

Business Owner
    I was at a club in Portland around this time and after a Blazer game almost the whole Blazers squad showed up and had the upper level bar part roped off. Because I looked like a basketball player they didn't say anything to me when I casually walked into this makeshift VIP area with all of them. Just about everyone of them was shitfaced, as was I. Anyway, I noticed Zach kind of standing by himself so I went up to him and totally befriended him by bringing up this very topic that he should be starting over Sheed. He seemed very excited to hear someone say that out loud, especially since Sheed was just a few feet away. A bartender was getting everyone drinks and when Zach ordered he told the guy to bring one for me too (I can't remember what it was). I think this was the night Qyntel Woods got arrested and showed his basketball card as his ID. At closing my buddies and I were walking to our car and Sheed ended up being parked next to us (he had an entourage with him and wasn't driving). My friend stupidly asked him "Where the bitches at?" Sheed said he didn't know and was going home to his wife. Fun night!

Jon, dviss1, Orion Bailey and 9 others like this.
  12. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

At least they were Blazer fans

Voodoo likes this.
  13. THE HCP

HA!
    Ya ZBO is actually a real cool quiet shy guy. He just isn't very bright. Surrounded himself with bad guys and let others influence his decisions.

14. THE HCP

You never know, there might have been a closet Laker fan in there.

15. hoopsjock

Business Owner
    He seemed like a teddy bear type with a warm heart but yeah obviously didn't make the greatest decisions. I bet that was a hard locker room to be a part of too for a young 20-something kid.

kjironman1 and TorturedBlazerFan like this.
  16. hoopsjock

Business Owner
    Not sure about that, the avatars in this post consist of some guy in a New Orleans jersey, someone in a Raptors jersey, someone (Pippen maybe?) in a Bulls jersey, Chauncey Billups, Carmelo Anthony, and Latrell Sprewell

jlprk and TorturedBlazerFan like this.
  17. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RipCity

Amazing. One of the best story's I've heard on s2. Way better than anything @ThePosterFormerlyKnownAsTheHCP has ever brought. And he's around these guys three quarters of the year! He must be like Zach most of the time, by himself just hoping for some love.

BonesJones, Voodoo, jlprk and 3 others like this.
  18. THE HCP

Bro, c'mon. Better than my Westbrook Subway debacle?

19. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RipCity

Lol ok that was good. Maybe you're the one who started this whole beef with OKC.

dviss1, kjironman1, hoopsjock and 2 others like this.
  20. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

He turned down a picture with me when I was 8 because he had to hurry up and get on the court then proceeded to order two hot dogs. I shit you not.

hoopsjock likes this.