Random Thoughts Thread (NSFW)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by M Two One, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Rules are for losers [​IMG]................................................................................

See, that's not a one-liner [​IMG]

2. bbwchingy0007

bbwchingy0007 BBW Member

Moving back to the point of China becoming the next superpower, I would argue that it already is: the United States are currently in debt by over $250 billion to China alone. Add up all their debt and it reaches over $2 trillion, meaning that it is equivalent to each household in the USA owing around $70 000 each. It is growing rapidly, too, increasing by $20 000 per second, or $1.728 billion per day, meaning each household will owe am extra $15 per day.

So, China is basically financing the US and as such, it is important to them for the US economy to stay strong, else they'll lose another War. So, I would say that China are already a superpower, primarily because they are financing the other superpower.

3. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

I kind of got tired last night, but here are my replies:

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Legacy:</div><div class="quote_post">It's physically possible for a 5 year old to speak 5 languages and recite the Holy Koran perfectly?</div>
    I think its definitely possible, although it would be an incredibly rare and unique case. There are a lot of things that need to be taken into consideration.

1) Rote Memory: The Eastern nations (South Asia, Middle East, North Africa, etc.) tend to use the technique of repetition when it comes to teaching or conveying anything. I mean I personally have cousins in India who, at the age of 7 or 8, could recite the timestables up to the 20's or 30's off memory, but had very little understanding of what they were saying. That's why this concept isn't held in high regard in the West. But, nevertheless, this child could very easily have been exposed to the Quran in this way and memorized it. It's hard to believe, but it brings me to my next point...

2) The Child's Intellect: Don't you find it odd that, with all this talk of miracles, there is absolutely no mention of the fact that this kid might be intellectually gifted? Maybe even at a child prodigy level. It seems that very few people tend to acknowledge that the kid may deserve some credit when there is a religious aspect involved. To be able to memorize such a large piece of literature and pick up those languages would hint at a child who is incredibly talented and gifted.

4. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Legacy:</div><div class="quote_post">It's physically possible for a 5 year old to speak 5 languages and recite the Holy Koran perfectly?</div>
    I think its definitely possible, although it would be an incredibly rare and unique case. There are a lot of things that need to be taken into consideration.

1) Rote Memory: The Eastern nations (South Asia, Middle East, North Africa, etc.) tend to use the technique of repetition when it comes to teaching or conveying anything. I mean I personally have cousins in India who, at the age of 7 or 8, could recite the timestables up to the 20's or 30's off memory, but had very little understanding of what they were saying. That's why this concept isn't held in high regard in the West. But, nevertheless, this child could very easily have been exposed to the Quran in this way and memorized it. It's hard to believe, but it brings me to my next point...

2) The Child's Intellect: Don't you find it odd that, with all this talk of miracles, there is absolutely no mention of the fact that this kid might be intellectually gifted? Maybe even at a child prodigy level. It seems that very few people tend to acknowledge that the kid may deserve some credit when there is a religious aspect involved. To be able to memorize such a large piece of literature and pick up those languages would hint at a child who is incredibly talented and gifted. Or, o

5. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

2) The Child's Intellect: Don't you find it odd that, with all this talk of miracles, there is absolutely no mention of the fact that this kid might be intellectually gifted? Maybe even at a child prodigy level. It seems that very few people tend to acknowledge that the kid may deserve some credit when there is a religious aspect involved. To be able to memorize such a large piece of literature and pick up those languages would hint at a child who is incredibly talented and gifted. Or, on t

6. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

2) The Child's Intellect: Don't you find it odd that, with all this talk of miracles, there is absolutely no mention of the fact that this kid might be intellectually gifted? Maybe even at a child prodigy level. It seems that very few people tend to acknowledge that the kid may deserve some credit when there is a religious aspect involved. To be able to memorize such a large piece of literature and pick up those languages would hint at a child who is incredibly talented and gifted. Or, on the flip s

7. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    National debt list top ten:

01 Brazil $232,004,000,000
    02 Russia $183,601,000,000
    03 Mexico $159,959,000,000
    04 China $154,599,000,000
    05 Indonesia $150,875,000,000
    06 Argentina $144,050,000,000
    07 South Korea $139,097,000,000
    08 Turkey $102,074,000,000
    09 India $98,232,000,000
    10 Thailand $86,172,000,000

8. bbwchingy0007

bbwchingy0007 BBW Member

Some unexpected countries crop up there...

From what I've heard, though, China is the nation which is currently purchasing the most US Government bonds, so the amount of money owed to them is increasing the fastest. They are currently $80 billion behind Brazil, but that will change often.

9. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

<div class="quote_poster">M Two One Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Hey Chutney, I'm waiting on a reply from you about the certain thread we need to work on. BTW, to anyone that hasn't yet, read the rules of this thread on the first page!

I can't believe I leave France next week. Six weeks just flew by.</div>
    I got you. Totally forgot to check my PM box.

btw, I'm looking forward to a recap of your trip.

10. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    It is also interesting that clouds can shape themselves into appearing as bunnies.

11. Notorious

Notorious JBB Fear is Death

<div class="quote_poster">Legacy Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Read the rules. [​IMG]</div>

I did. Whats against it?

Dang it. I hate how everyones all happy schools almost over, then you get hit hard with finals. I just want to stop working, and now i gotta stay focused for like 10 finals i have. I hate school. Grr.

12. umair

umair "Never underestimate the heart of a champion."

<div class="quote_poster">Notorious Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I did. Whats against it?

Dang it. I hate how everyones all happy schools almost over, then you get hit hard with finals. I just want to stop working, and now i gotta stay focused for like 10 finals i have. I hate school. Grr.</div>

Dang I've been out for almost 2 weeks. But yeah, I hate how you have finals even on the last day of school. You have to study and work hard till the end. Man I miss Elementary School where you had free days and everything where you'd go outside and play all day.

13. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Tomorrow is the last day of classes in high school. My graduation is a couple of weeks later. Looking back... man I really had some fun times in high school. I'm going to miss hanging with my friends. Some of them I honestly doubt I'll see again. How was it for you guys who already moved on to college?

14. Legacy

Legacy Beast

What college are you going to MrJ?

15. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Legacy Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">What college are you going to MrJ?</div>
    St. John's University. Nothing beats a free tuition. [​IMG]

16. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">MrJ Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">St. John's University. Nothing beats a free tuition. [​IMG]</div>

Wow, congrats bro! The Red Storm... now you've finally got a reason to get into college basketball! [​IMG]

And just to think, you and Ron Artest are practically brothers now. [​IMG]

17. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Voodoo Child Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Wow, congrats bro! The Red Storm... now you've finally got a reason to get into college basketball! [​IMG]

And just to think, you and Ron Artest are practically brothers now. [​IMG]</div>
    Thanks, I wish they were a little better though. At least they have some history.

lol, from what I hear Ron isn't even welcomed on campus.

18. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

Is St. John's where Daryl Hill plays?

19. Karma

Karma The Will Must Be Stronger Than The Skill

MrJ beat me to it, but yeah....High School is done.

This week is our last week of normal classes. I have 2 exams (ridiculously easy) next week and I'm done on the 19th or 20th. It's kind of wierd actually. On the one hand I really wanna get away and explore life, and on the other hand I know that the memories I had in high school are never coming back. And all these people that I spent the last four years with? Most of them, I won't even see for the rest of my life.

My prom's on the 26th, can't wait for that CHYEAHHH! I should pull a Jalen Rose [​IMG]:

[​IMG]

Edit: Where the hell are the classic JBB guys like P.A.P and Locke? I haven't seen them post in a while now.

20. Skiptomylue11

Skiptomylue11 JBB JustBBall Member

Locke's been posting in the Rocket's forum recently, eg the Artest to Houston thread. He's a mod there I think, so he probably focuses their more than the Raps lol.