Random Thoughts Thread (NSFW)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by M Two One, Jun 10, 2007.

1. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    American buys slices of South America

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">LOS ESTEROS DEL IBERA, Argentina - The American multimillionaire who founded the North Face and Esprit clothing lines says he is trying to save the planet by buying bits of it. First Douglas Tompkins purchased a huge swath of southern Chile, and now he's hoping to save the northeast wetlands of neighboring Argentina.

He has snapped up more than half a million acres of the Esteros del Ibera, a vast Argentine marshland teeming with wildlife.

Tompkins, 64, is a hero to some for his environmental stewardship. Others resent his land purchases as a foreign challenge to their national patrimony.

In an interview with The Associated Press, Tompkins said industrialized agriculture is chewing up big chunks of Argentina's fragile marshland and savanna, and that essential topsoil is disappearing as a result.

"Everywhere I look here in Argentina I see massive abuse of the soil ... just like what happened in the U.S. 20 or 30 years ago," he said.

Tompkins hopes to do in Argentina what he did in Chile — create broad stretches of land protected from agribusiness or industrial development, and one day turn them over to the government as nature reserves.</div>

<div align="center">Source: Yahoo! News</div>

2. I-Miss-MJ

I-Miss-MJ JBB I am so SMRT

Man at work today I had to cash cheques for the company I work for. They were for the amounts of -

- ~$900,000

- ~$2,000,000

- ~10,000,000

I had over $13,000,000 in my hands. I almost cried when I handed it over to the bank.

3. Bahir

Bahir User power factor: ∞

<div class="quote_poster">M Two One Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">American buys slices of South America

<div align="center">Source: Yahoo! News</div></div>

That's great, I wish more rich people would do that.

4. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

Chris Cornell's doing Black Hole Sun accoustic on the Howard Stern Show this morning.

I've got my first celebrity crush of the summer on that chick Lily Allen I posted in the Rec. Thread. She's like a Brittish Rhianna (sp?) looking chick. Man, what I wouldn't give to hit that.

Oh, and late night tv sucks.

5. NTC

NTC Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Voodoo Child Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I've got my first celebrity crush of the summer on that chick Lily Allen I posted in the Rec. Thread. She's like a Brittish Rhianna (sp?) looking chick. Man, what I wouldn't give to hit that.</div>

Oh man, I cant stand that chick, I think she has a terrible voice, and her songs give me the sh*ts [​IMG]

6. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">NTC Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Oh man, I cant stand that chick, I think she has a terrible voice, and her songs give me the sh*ts [​IMG]</div>

Me neither, I can't stand the fake London street slang she uses. Then I have to hear that mainstream crap all the damn time in people's cars or on the bus radio wherever I go. Makes me sick after a while.

7. Skiptomylue11

Skiptomylue11 JBB JustBBall Member

Neat article there M21, I wonder how much it cost him to buy that half a million acres.

Oh and IMissMJ, wow that is a lot of money.

8. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Ok whenever I'm at work, these kids come in every day and drop like 12 bucks a day on Frappuccinos and pastries, can someone tell me where the hell they get this money from?

9. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Mamba Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Ok whenever I'm at work, these kids come in every day and drop like 12 bucks a day on Frappuccinos and pastries, can someone tell me where the hell they get this money from?</div>

How old are these kids? If they're really young I would assume they just have parents that give them whatever they want.

10. Mamba

They're like HS'ers. I find it disgusting. This one kid comes in and gets a venti Strawberry n Creme frap. with a cinnamon roll...that's well over 1,000 calories...he gets it twice a day. These parents don't realize that they're giving their kids a one way ticket to fat kid camp and to diabetes.

11. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Speaking of fat people, I just realized that everybody in my office has a large ass. I think its an evolutionary thing, because it's gotta help them sit on a chair for so long. I find myself getting a little numb towards the end of the day.

12. Mamba

Why do people call Starbucks the devil company?

13. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

I think its because the way they expand and are so corporate. Like the Wall-Mart of coffee.

14. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Anyone familiar with the term MexiAmeriCanada?

15. Mamba

Yeah, isn't it a proposed super country with no borders? All of the borders are open. Isn't the proposed plan to help Mexico's economy?

16. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Mamba Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Yeah, isn't it a proposed super country with no borders? All of the borders are open. Isn't the proposed plan to help Mexico's economy?</div>

Sort of. Basically it's N. America's answer to compete with the European Union.

Invalid Video Link

17. Mamba

I don't think it would ever fly. It would open up way too many chances for terrorists, drug smuggling, and other illicit acts to enter into the US.

18. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Canada's the only one to keep its full name. Booyah.

19. Mamba

Crap! I've got no comeback for that one.

20. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    I was just randomly singing a song incorrectly that I haven't heard in ages and I came across this video looking for an official one. The song on the other hand was so annoying (and still is) that it stayed with me for years and now, here it is, for you all.

"Funk 'Dat," Mega Man!

Invalid Video Link