Random Thoughts Thread (NSFW)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by M Two One, Jun 10, 2007.

1. umair

umair "Never underestimate the heart of a champion."

What do you guys prefer when playing basketball?

Gatorade?
    Powerade?
    Vitamin Water?

2. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

I have History regents tomorrow, what should I study? I mean, anything specific? Is it hard, fair, easy?

My global history told my class if anyone gets lower than a 75, he will take them out of Honors or AP.

3. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

^Gatorade just because I trust it more. I think water is better. My coach always used to stress drinking water since it had oxygen in it.

4. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Kidd Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I have History regents tomorrow, what should I study? I mean, anything specific? Is it hard, fair, easy?

My global history told my class if anyone gets lower than a 75, he will take them out of Honors or AP.</div>
    I took that Sophomore year. I paid absolutely no attention in that class and got an 82 on it. The 50 multiple-choice questions were easy and the essay was also easy.

You'll be fine. Just take it easy today and go in with confidence tomorrow.

Is this world history or U.S. history?

5. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting M Two One:</div><div class="quote_post">I was just randomly singing a song incorrectly that I haven't heard in ages and I came across this video looking for an official one. The song on the other hand was so annoying (and still is) that it stayed with me for years and now, here it is, for you all.

"Funk 'Dat," Mega Man!
    </div>
    Wow. I have a feeling that song would've really pissed me off if it weren't for the video. Megaman is friggin' awesome.

6. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

^It's World History.

For the most part I'm good at it, but I don't want to be too confident.

How many essays are there? 2?

7. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Umair Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">What do you guys prefer when playing basketball?

Gatorade?
    Powerade?
    Vitamin Water?</div>

Where's water on that list? I don't think that other crap.

8. Karma

Karma The Will Must Be Stronger Than The Skill

We were talking about shootings in schools in one of my classes this morning, and WHY these kids do the things they do was brought up. After some time discussing the issues, my teacher mentioned that there is a "creepy looking kid" in our very own school (she's a relatively young teacher) who threatened to kill people in the school, or something to that extent. He only got suspended for it, but that's still pretty freaky. Apperently it's some little kid (I presume grade 9) that just "acts really creepy". Still, that's kind of wierd to know you got a kid like that lurking in your school.

On another note, I'm going to miss my grade 12 classes. In one of them, all we do is watch movies. Summative presentations are going on, so one group will present (we have 2 hour classes some days, and not others; schedule is kind of wierd) for 20 minutes, and the rest of the time is spent watching movies, playing cards and talking with the teacher.

To whoever that thinks grade 12 is going to be the hardest grade; it's not. It has been by far the easiest grade in all of high school for me (and others I presume).

9. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">MrJ Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">^Gatorade just because I trust it more. I think water is better. My coach always used to stress drinking water since it had oxygen in it.</div>

So does air...

I just got ripped off on a sack-o-green.

Rush hour traffic sucks.

Coffee is an underrated drug, so is Pepsi. I'm more addicted to the caffeine than I've ever been on any drug. I've had like eight Diet Pepsi's today. I know that's horrible for ya like you're always saying, M, but it's really an addiction that's hard to kick. It's a compulsive thing.

I just got some new shirts, they're like old hippie shirts. Hard to explain, but it goes well with my new dreads look.

I just got back together with my ex-girlfriend.

Oh yeah, and I'm selling my Warwick, probably not over the net, but if anyone else on here plays, I figure I'd throw it out there. It's a double buck corvette, and I'm selling it for only $1,600 - great condition.

10. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    No big deal, I still drink sodas. Just not more then one per day. I usually stick with Mountain Dew, Coke, Goose Island and Orangina.

11. umair

<div class="quote_poster">Karma Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">To whoever that thinks grade 12 is going to be the hardest grade; it's not. It has been by far the easiest grade in all of high school for me (and others I presume).</div>

What was the hardest grade for you in high school?

12. Voodoo Child

For me grade 12 was just hard because of the apathy. I only showed up to about half of my classes second semester.

13. umair

I am going to be a Sophmore next year, but man I gotta say, my Freshmen year killed the mess out of me. Usually on school days, I'd stay up till like 3 o'clock sometimes doing my homework and then waking up around 6:15 to go to school. My schedule was so bad, because of the teachers loading me up with homework. It was a big change from Middle School though. But I guess I'll have to tighten my schedule up a bit for next year.

14. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Umair Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I am going to be a Sophmore next year, but man I gotta say, my Freshmen year killed the mess out of me. Usually on school days, I'd stay up till like 3 o'clock sometimes doing my homework and then waking up around 6:15 to go to school. My schedule was so bad, because of the teachers loading me up with homework. It was a big change from Middle School though. But I guess I'll have to tighten my schedule up a bit for next year.</div>

That's just because you're a still a kid, and you're going through adolesence. It's a pretty rough time for anyone. When you mature and become more of an adult towards the end of your high school career though, you start to be able to better manage your time and your workload, and the little assignments that would have killed you your freshman year become a joke.

15. umair

<div class="quote_poster">Voodoo Child Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">That's just because you're a still a kid, and you're going through adolesence. It's a pretty rough time for anyone. When you mature and become more of an adult towards the end of your high school career though, you start to be able to better manage your time and your workload, and the little assignments that would have killed you your freshman year become a joke.</div>
    Yeah I guess you're right. By the way, next year in my school we're going to get laptops to do our assignments on. And the coolest part of all is that you have all your textbooks on your laptop. You turn in your assigments from the computer so there is no way of loosing your homework and stuff. I look forward to my sophmore year.

16. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

lol. Freshman year was a breeze for me

17. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    Junior year in HS is usually the toughest. Senior year is definitely a breeze.

18. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

I think it depends one where you're going. Getting into an undergraduate program in the humanities is pretty damn easy, so my last year in high school was simple. Can't say the same for people trying to get into Business or Engineering.

---

Did anybody watch the Aqua Teen movie? I remember being so hyped about it until I found out that they weren't playing it in Canada.

19. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    I wanted to make a thread about the ATHF film before it released, but I totally forgot about it until now. I haven't seen it yet, but I heard it will make the fans happy.

20. Legacy

Legacy Beast

<div class="quote_poster">Brian Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">lol. Freshman year was a breeze for me</div>

Are you gonna be a Sophomore next year?