Random Thoughts Thread (NSFW)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by M Two One, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

<div class="quote_poster">Umair Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">What do you guys prefer when playing basketball?

Gatorade?
    Powerade?
    Vitamin Water?</div>

Gatorade or Powerade, because I don't really consider Vitamin Water a sports drink.

2. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

<div class="quote_poster">M Two One Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I wanted to make a thread about the ATHF film before it released, but I totally forgot about it until now. I haven't seen it yet, but I heard it will make the fans happy.</div>

By far the greatest show ever. I'm waiting for a Torrent, but there is none out. I'll post it when I find it. I have a site: ATHF Episodes

Watch all 4 seasons for free. That show completes my life, without it, I'm watching the Spurs Vs. Cavs.

3. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

My favourite episode is the one with "The Drizzle."

"RAIN POWER GO!
    come on
    You can expect a forecast of vengeance in the very near future."

4. umair

umair "Never underestimate the heart of a champion."

<div class="quote_poster">M Two One Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Junior year in HS is usually the toughest. Senior year is definitely a breeze.</div>

HAHA THANKS FOR MENTIONING THAT!

I just got done with my junior year and did pretty good [​IMG]

5. Karma

Karma The Will Must Be Stronger Than The Skill

<div class="quote_poster">Umair Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">What was the hardest grade for you in high school?</div>

I would say grade 9 and 10 because those grades, atleast in Canada, you don't get a lot of electives. In grade 9 and 10 I had to take compulsury math, french, geography, tech, etc courses. I got all of my compulsory credits out of the way in grade 9 and 10 and that left me to pick the courses I wanted to take in grades 11 and 12.

I would say 11 was hard as well, but that's because I actually took 2 University science courses, in addition to social science courses. In grade 11, we had to take 4 classes per semester; by grade 12, I only needed 6 credits, so I only took 6 courses and that gave me spares, which makes everything much easier.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    I am going to be a Sophmore next year, but man I gotta say, my Freshmen year killed the mess out of me. Usually on school days, I'd stay up till like 3 o'clock sometimes doing my homework and then waking up around 6:15 to go to school. My schedule was so bad, because of the teachers loading me up with homework. It was a big change from Middle School though. But I guess I'll have to tighten my schedule up a bit for next year.
    </div>

Wow, I never slept past 12-1 on school days until about grade 11. Now, it's a regular habit to sleep around 1-3. I think I remember you saying you're in all advanced classes, but still, to push students that much in grade 9 is pretty ridiculous, I'd say. Honestly, grade 9 and 10 doesn't matter at all (atleast here). The only things that matter in those grades is adjusting socially and picking the correct prerequisites for your senior years.

I think it depends one where you're going. Getting into an undergraduate program in the humanities is pretty damn easy, so my last year in high school was simple. Can't say the same for people trying to get into Business or Engineering.
    </div>

Yeah, I agree. Business is ridicously easy in high school though. I'm getting a 90 or somehting in a business class, and most of my friends going into Business/Accounting next year got 90's in their required courses (not counting Math).

To be honest, the only hard subjects in High School fall under Math and the Sciences. People going into those fields have a tough road set out for them, and those roads are established from high school. I took one year of senior level Chemistry and Biology, and the workload was quite extreme.

6. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

<div class="quote_poster">Chutney Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">My favourite episode is the one with "The Drizzle."

"RAIN POWER GO!
    come on
    You can expect a forecast of vengeance in the very near future."</div>

Yes, My fav has got to be a classic Hand Banna or Mr. Wong.

7. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

<div class="quote_poster">Legacy Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Are you gonna be a Sophomore next year?</div>

Yep. I'm also in all advance classes this year as well, and I don't find them at all difficult

8. umair

umair "Never underestimate the heart of a champion."

<div class="quote_poster">Karma Wrote</div><div class="quote_post"> I think I remember you saying you're in all advanced classes, but still, to push students that much in grade 9 is pretty ridiculous, I'd say. </div>
    Yeah, I had to and kind of wanted to. The more Honors classes you have, the more GPA you are likely to have. I dont think Honors are that hard, but some projects can kill you.

My schedule is very bad. I'd be so tired from school especially waking up so early that I'd come home and take a 2-3 hour nap. Then I'd watch T.V. or play basketball till like 9 and then eventually eat dinner. And the stupidest thing I did was start my homework after dinner. I'd usually finish my homework in about 2 hours but on somedays I'd get so much homework I had to wake up till like 2 or 3. But I am looking to cut the nap time and go directly to homework next year.

Also, if I may ask, do they offer Spanish in Canada? I am guessing French is spoken a lot there. So I was asking if they offered Spanish.

9. Karma

Also, if I may ask, do they offer Spanish in Canada? I am guessing French is spoken a lot there. So I was asking if they offered Spanish.
    </div>

Yeah, they offer Spanish and French in High School. French isn't really spoken a lot here, only in Quebec mainly. However, it's compulsory for students to take French until grade 9.

10. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

So I had the idea of getting a guitar eventually. I don't have huge plans or anything, but I thought it'd be cool to be able to just chill and play along with my favourite rock songs (mostly 60's/70's rock: Hendrix, Sabbath, Zeppelin, Beatles, etc.). Of course I have absolutely no knowledge of guitars (I play a couple Indian instruments, but nothing Western). Anybody got some advice?

11. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

<div class="quote_poster">Chutney Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">So I had the idea of getting a guitar eventually. I don't have huge plans or anything, but I thought it'd be cool to be able to just chill and play along with my favourite rock songs (mostly 60's/70's rock: Hendrix, Sabbath, Zeppelin, Beatles, etc.). Of course I have absolutely no knowledge of guitars (I play a couple Indian instruments, but nothing Western). Anybody got some advice?</div>

Ditto. I'm learning this summer and want to buy a guitar. I need advice as well.

HELP VOODOO! [​IMG]

12. Karma

God, I really want to sleep.

13. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

<div class="quote_poster">Karma Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">God, I really want to sleep.</div>

I-Doser.

14. Bahir

Bahir User power factor: ∞

<div class="quote_poster">shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">Anyone familiar with the term MexiAmeriCanada?</div>
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting Mamba Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Yeah, isn't it a proposed super country with no borders? All of the borders are open. Isn't the proposed plan to help Mexico's economy?</div>

What the heck is NAFTA doing then? Mexico trucks being limited to drive within 20 miles from the borderline? That's not doing free trade any good...

15. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Benedryl knocks me out, whenever I can't sleep I take like 3 of em and I'm good.

16. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

<div class="quote_poster">Mamba Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Benedryl knocks me out, whenever I can't sleep I take like 3 of em and I'm good.</div>

I think I've built an immunity to them, my doctor even suggested that I take up to 4 and I'll be more than ok just to kill off minor pain. I used to use benedryl PM to help sleep but it doesnt really do it for me. Now I use melatonin pills but they don't work that well either. Gonna need something stronger, especially when school starts back up.

17. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

Hey, Chutney and Swish, if you guys have AIM, hit me up some time and I'll try to help you through some of those classic rock songs. I was at the same point you guys are at several years ago, and the important thing to have right now is patience, because it's frustrating not being able to jump right in and play some of these songs, even after months of stupid finger exercises. Like all instruments though, it gets easier with time. Picking up the guitar was the greatest decision I've made in my life.

With that said, I just woke up from the most confusing series of dreams, haha. That happens to you when you take a nap at like 6:00 PM. It took me a while to understand where I was and who I was, because I wasn't used to waking up at nearly 3:00 in the morning, haha.

18. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    For some reason, I'm not into taking pain killers or going to the doctor for many things, though many of my friends ask why especially in certain situations. For instance the time I was skateboarding as a teen I hit a curb and went flying over a pile of snow breaking my fibula completely on a hidden tree stump. I screamed, got up, fell down, crawled to the car and got up again and went home. I didn't go to the doctor for more then a month and just applied my own treatment. I still went places limping around. Eventually though, I had to go to the doctor because I was worried about long-term damages. In the end it turned up being alright after better treatments. I have a super high tolerance for pain, but I don't think any man could ever say they have a higher tolerance for pain then a woman does. Giving birth is enough of an example to accept going through.

19. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Dude, what if you got ball cancer? How can you not go to the doctor? Don't take this in a weird way, do you do your own checkups?

20. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    That's different man, I was checked for testicular cancer a few years ago and I plan to get checked up for that again as well as for skin cancer later this year.