Random Thoughts Thread (NSFW)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by M Two One, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Oh, so you go to the doc for regular checkups and crap? Haha, I was thinkin' you don't go at all.

2. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    Nah, I just don't like to go for every little sickness and all that. I only go in for check ups once every few years or unless I get some virus that needs a shot in order to get better. Which reminds me of a funny story, but it doesn't translate well into words online. If I told you it in person, it would be hilarious though.

3. I-Miss-MJ

I-Miss-MJ JBB I am so SMRT

<div class="quote_poster">Mamba Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Dude, what if you got ball cancer? How can you not go to the doctor? Don't take this in a weird way, do you do your own checkups?</div>

lol Ball cancer?

They those lumps you get on a basketball when you kick it too much?

4. NTC

NTC Active Member

I got checked the last time I went to the doctor, he just had a feel around, lol, was quite uncomfortable to say the least. He didnt say there was anything to be concerned about, so yeah, all is good [​IMG]

5. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Mamba Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Dude, what if you got ball cancer? How can you not go to the doctor? Don't take this in a weird way, do you do your own checkups?</div>
    lol @ ball cancer.

I'm bored now, it's wet outside, nothing's on.

6. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

I had the most comfortable sleeping position I'd ever been in last night. I always have to be on my side to sleep, but somehow I fell asleep on my back (must've been the humidity... our AC isn't working). I had my mp3 player on and it stayed plugged in because I didn't move at all. The only problem was it lasted about 3 hours. I woke up in the middle of the night and tried to get back to fall asleep the same way, but it never worked.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Voodoo Child:</div><div class="quote_post">Hey, Chutney and Swish, if you guys have AIM, hit me up some time and I'll try to help you through some of those classic rock songs. I was at the same point you guys are at several years ago, and the important thing to have right now is patience, because it's frustrating not being able to jump right in and play some of these songs, even after months of stupid finger exercises. Like all instruments though, it gets easier with time. Picking up the guitar was the greatest decision I've made in my life.</div>
    I actually haven't bought a guitar yet. I was just hoping for some information on what type I should be looking for if I want to play those songs. Stuff like that. I tried myself, but I was just overwhelmed with all these models and brands and parts that I had no knowledge about.

7. Shard

Shard Hi2u

My friend tried to teach me how to play guitar once, it was incredibly hard and I gave up.

8. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">Chutney Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I actually haven't bought a guitar yet. I was just hoping for some information on what type I should be looking for if I want to play those songs. Stuff like that. I tried myself, but I was just overwhelmed with all these models and brands and parts that I had no knowledge about.</div>

A lot of classic rock songs sound great on hollowbody or semi-hollowbody guitars. It really comes down to how much you are willing to spend though. Like this guitar would be a steal at $600, but I don't know if you want to spend that much as a beginner, because you don't know yet if you're even going to stick with it.

This is the guitar I learned on (or a similar guitar to it). I got it at a local guitar shop for like $150-250, something in that range: http://www.ibanez.com/hollow/guitar.aspx?m=AWD83T

Can't go wrong with a Strat either. That's what Hendrix made famous.

9. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    Chutney, just go to a Guitar Center if you have one in your area (likely near the big cities). Usually I never trust small-time music shops because they screw you over if you don't know what you're looking for and completely new to this. Whatever you do, do not buy a B.C. Rich. Those suck ass IMO. For an electric guitar I like Ibanez and Fender.

10. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

I'm not an expert about guitars but for a beginner I'd say get an Ibanez or Epiphone in the $200 range.

11. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    I think a cheap acoustic guitar is actually good to start with.

12. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">M Two One Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I think a cheap acoustic guitar is actually good to start with.</div>

The guy should probably go with an electric guitar given his tastes, imo. They're also easier to learn on because of how light the strings are.

13. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    I think the acoustic is more pleasing to play and is great for a start. You learn how to use your fingers and become more adapt to other much more difficult instruments with ease. When I learned the bass for instance I picked up the acoustic without any effort as well as a banjo and mandolin. Anyway, it depends on what you want to play right off the bat, correct. I also forget that this is just for casual music playing.

Still, do not get a B.C. Rich, those suck.

14. Legacy

Legacy Beast

1 more day of school!

15. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

<div class="quote_poster">Legacy Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">1 more day of school!</div>

That's a great feeling. I love walking out of the doors with all of your friends and knowing you have two whole months to just slack off. I'm leaving for Ohio and Pittsburgh tomorrow at 8:00 in the morning. We're visiting some family up there and it should be fun. I bought some movies (South Park disc with 5 episodes, Family Guy disc with 5 episodes, and Coach Carter) for my PSP to watch on the plane. I hate flying so I'm hoping the movies will distract me.

16. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Legacy Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">1 more day of school!</div>

WTF, it's mid-June. I'm long out of high school, but still, I remember getting out in late April or early May every summer. I guess it's because it heats up earlier down south.

17. Legacy

Legacy Beast

<div class="quote_poster">Swish Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">That's a great feeling. I love walking out of the doors with all of your friends and knowing you have two whole months to just slack off. I'm leaving for Ohio and Pittsburgh tomorrow at 8:00 in the morning. We're visiting some family up there and it should be fun. I bought some movies (South Park disc with 5 episodes, Family Guy disc with 5 episodes, and Coach Carter) for my PSP to watch on the plane. I hate flying so I'm hoping the movies will distract me.</div>

Doesn't the battery run out quick for PSP's?

18. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I hate flying so I'm hoping the movies will distract me.</div>

Don't leave the US then. lol

Imagine taking my trip to this location. 8 hours + flight followed by a long bus trip to another airport with your luggages. Wait about 2 hours and take another flight for 1 hour and 15 minutes to your destination. Then take your luggages and prepare for a long drive.

All-in-all you're looking at a 16 hour trip and it sucks ass.

19. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Channing Frye knows kung-fu

Invalid Video Link

20. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Thanks for all the info everybody. $200-300 is kind of my range. Its not that I won't follow through with it (I played the tabla which is ridiculously tough), but I'm buying it for casual playing. And I'm thinking electric. I like that sound more (plus I have a friend with an acoustic that'll let me borrow every once in a while).

From the recommendations, Ibanez seemed to be inanimously liked but I'll follow through with all the info you guys gave me and eventually decide for myself. And I'll find out if there are any Guitar Center's around here M, thanks for that one. Expect to here more questions as I get closer to buying one. Thanks again.

-----

This job can be so dumb that its funny at times. I was at the front counter for a couple hours and this dude walks up hoping to use our machines to view some files. The machines need change so he goes to the change machine and totally overlooks the blinking light that says "Out of Service." I then watch him for 5-10 minutes as he keeps inserting money, getting rejected, and growing more frustrated by the minute. He's on the verge of making a scene and looks like he's going to destroy the machine when he sees the light and realizes what an idiot he's been. Then he tries to play it off like nothing happened and actually walks out of the building without looking at the files he came in for, while everybody's staring at him.