Rangers-Isles Sunday night

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by mrmel29, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

This game is there for the taking.

2. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

I feel like they’re going to fuck it up lol hope not

3. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Yeah one of those last 2 min gut punches.

4. kreidertime

Chytil fucked that up

5. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Quinn out of touch with reality of the game. Best line this game was the kid line with krav and in OT we see the comatose z man line followed by Kreids and strome. Kids deserved to be out there in the ot

6. kreidertime

Quinn is a retard Don’t know how many times we can say it

7. mrmel29

We beat the devils the next 2 and the isles beat Boston the next 2 were tied for 4th

8. NYR2009

NYR2009 Member

I am stating the obvious here, but I think there is so much to look forward to with this Rangers team. The talent on this team is remarkable. Looks like Kravtsov will work out here, that seems to be a fantastic pick. Perhaps Quinn was right on Anderson. Not Chuck may have been right on Anderson also. I mean Kravtsov is very young and he handled the situation much better than Anderson.

In tonight's game, Kravstsov showed that he can play on any line and he made that line better.

Again, I am not looking for wins or results this year, I am looking into how these kids develop. Kakko has been fantastic, and I am sure LFA will live up to our expectations. We are going to have a problem paying all the talent, which is a good problem to have. And Shesterkin is going to be great also, as long as he can stay healthy. Fox is a Norris Trophy candidate in his second year in the NHL and our prospects on D will not have a spot on this team.

We are basically one elite center away from playoffs at this point.

And Buchnevich probably the biggest surprise so far this year. I was wrong about him.

Great future!

Greyvtrayn likes this.
  9. mrmel29

After watching him with his speed, maneuverability and passing I think krav could definitely play center for use is it me or does Laf win most of his face offs when he’s in the circles if us and the isles do their job next 2 games I wxpext us to
    Be tied for 4th come Thursday night!!!!

10. kreidertime

Who knows what Andersson could have been. Quinn did a lot to ruin him. He was supposed to be mentally strong. That was one of the major reasons they drafted him. Turns out he was a disaster mentally and maturity wise. Either way, he's not the Rangers problem now. A kid like Mittelstadt is only now starting to figure the NHL out a little offensively. That draft overall was pretty underwhelming for the league.

11. NYR Fan

NYR Fan Well-Known Member

I don't think we should be blaming anybody. We took 3 of 4 points at one of the best teams in the NHL, a team that had 1 regulation L at home all season. If we were asked would you sign up for 3 of 4 points going into Friday night, we'd say yes for sure. And we battled back really well last night to get 1 point, which was great to see. The other teams play hard and want to win as well, let's not forget that.

As for OT, Miller, a kid, was out there for the 2nd shift over Trouba. Chytil, a kid, was out there for the 2nd shift over Kreider and Buch. Chytil didn't make a great play, but that's all part of learning. As long as he takes something from it, that will happen with kids, and I understand that and won't get upset by it.

So I'm not sure what there is to get upset about in OT. There were two shifts, and we had Fox, Chytil, Miller all on. Panarin our best player. Zib always starts OT. And Strome is out there with two kids. Tip your cap to the Isles for winning in OT, and move on to NJ. Need at least 6 points or more out of the 8 to stay in it, and 7 or 8 is very doable with the Devs recent moves.

Again exciting times as Kravtsov looks like the real deal as well. And I was thinking the same thing on Lafreniere as I saw him winning FO's, can he be a C in the future. That is the last major piece this team needs, a C to complete the top 6.

Greyvtrayn likes this.
  12. mrmel29

Very happy with the 2 points chuck. But would have liked to see Quinn reward Laf, KAKKO and krav in the OT as they were the best players on ice last night and caused a lot of trouble for the isles. For the reason I don’t see Kreids in shootouts is the same reason he shouldn’t be out there in OT . Z man nothing else to say as his disaster of a year continues. The only good thing is if they decide to resign him he’ll be a lot cheaper to sign. If not, cyaaaaaaaa

13. NYR Fan

It was 2 shifts with 4 forwards. I am sure they would have been out there had there been a 3rd shift. He rewarded Chytil, played our best player, went with a pair that has won in OT for us before (Pan and Zib), and played a vet with two kids (Strome with Miller and Chytil). Come on man. You don't always have to find something to nit-pick and blame someone for mel. Sometimes you lose as all the players on all the teams get paid to win just like the Rangers do.

Took 3 of 4 points, move onto NJ. And the kids are getting better and better and are playing more and more. All good stuff.

Greyvtrayn likes this.
  14. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

Have to agree with my user name was never chuckd in the past...it was 2 shifts. There can be no debate that Z, Panarin and Fox start OT. If you don't agree with that there is no point continuing to have a discussion. The Rangers won the face-off in their own end and lost control of the puck, and that was the game. 3 out of 4 points. Have to be happy with that.

15. mrmel29

Like I said happy with the 3 points. I disagree with both of you on z who has been horrible and fox who played probably his worst game as a ranger. Rewarding the players playing best as you guys keep harping on that Quinn does meant some combination of Laf, kakko or krav should have started that OT. And why in gods name was Kreids out in the OT o er any of those kids. And just to remind you grevy this is a discussion board on all topics and opinions not just the ones you and chuck decide.

16. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

OK, I disagree entirely with your opinion that Zibanejad, Panarin and Fox should not have started OT. You're not going to change my mind, I'm not going to change yours. Where would you like this topic to go next? They lost in OT, got 3 points out of 4 and we can all agree that is a good thing considering the opponent. That's all I'm saying.

mrmel29 likes this.
  17. kreidertime

Kreider should have never seen overtime. He's had his head up his ass for a while. Speed is the key in 3 on 3. Gauthier would be a tremendous 3 on 3 player. However, our retard head coach keeps playing worthless Howden over him. Who knows. Maybe he's being ordered to play him for trade purposes.

18. NYR Fan

The second guessing and nit-picking won't stop. Team is 9-4-3 in their last 16 games, and took 3 out of 4 points at one of the best teams in the NHL, including handing them only their 2nd regulation L of the season at home. OT lasted 1:13 and we are second guessing who should have played when kids like Miller, Fox, and Chytil all saw the ice. Not much else to really say other than no matter what you guys will do what you do. That's it really.

19. mrmel29

Chuck, instead of blustering as usual read what I said. I was specifically talking about KAKKO, laff and krav who were the best players yesterday not getting time in OT. Nothing to do with fox,chytil or Miller. And while I’m very happy how the team is doing I’m looking at little things to make it even better.

NYR Fan likes this.
  20. NYR Fan

Not Chuck, but if you are talking about me, I am not blustering at all. Simply saying kids are playing important roles, team is playing well overall, clearly we have a lot of talent that next year and beyond should be very exciting, instead of saying do this or do that, just enjoy it.

And make it better in your opinion. I trust my coaches, GM's, Pres know what they are doing. The current Rangers leadership has really given me no reason to not believe that. So I am not going to say oh 2 goal Gauthier should be the 12th forward, or oh you played these kids, but how come not this kid in the first two shifts of OT. That is beyond nit-picky stuff IMO, and really doesn't move the needle. That is my point.

Doesn't mean you cannot question them, we absolutely should, but if the best we have is the 12th forward and which kids played during the two shifts of 3 on 3 OT, I guess we are doing okay...:).

Now with that said, of course you are 100% entitled to discuss whatever you'd like. I welcome the discussion for sure, but it is always some nit-picky second guess type thing. That's what fans do, so I get it, but let's also see the big picture of all the kids playing (Kravtsov is the top 6 man), demoting Kreider, how well the kids have played (clearly they are growing and improving), and how well the team has played for a while now. It seems like the nit-picky stuff glosses over that. I don't think that is fair, and it is a tough way to live as a fan.

Anyone can always nit-pick or second guess anything. Seems kind of over the top and pointless at some point I think given all we have going on currently, led by many kids.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021