Rangers-Isles Sunday night

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by mrmel29, Apr 11, 2021.

1. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

I thought CK should get the "C" at the start of the season but now Panarin or Fox deserve it. It's all about getting points and they were lucky to get one. I for one appreciate Quinn playing to win. Still in the hunt for that 4th spot - no need to quit on the team so early.

NYR Fan likes this.
  2. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

Yeah, there was a point during the season when Kreider was rolling and looked like a captain but, he's been in one of his funks the last few weeks.
    I am not sure this team NEEDS a captain, really. They have a handful of guys that bring different leadership qualities. Sticking with 3 assistant captains works for me.
    I will say I was not a fan of the home game vs road game assistant captains so if they don't go with an official captain just pick the three assistants and go with that.

3. NYR Fan

NYR Fan Well-Known Member

To me it is difficult to make a guy like Kreider the captain. His whole career he disappears for many games, before going on a crazy hot streak, and then disappearing again. I just don't know if that's the right fit. Also if they were going to name him captain, I kind of think they would have done so already. So I don't think it will be him.

I do think they will name a captain prior to next season though. I actually think it is important to do so. Not sure yet who it will be, but I think it happens sooner rather than later,