Rangers-isles

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by mrmel29, Apr 9, 2021.

1. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Not holding out too much hope for this one as isles look like the best team on the division and we’re coming off what I would say was a depressing effort yesterday against a Shorthanded pens team that we slaughtered 2 days before. Georgiev usually plays well against the isles so who knows we’ll soon find out.

2. mrmel29

Playing a lot better tonight and Laf chipping in with a goal and rangers up 2-1 after 2.

3. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

Probably going to take more than 2 goals to win this game. next goal is huge.

4. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Might've been their best game all year.

5. mrmel29

Real good game by the rangers. Georgiev has their number for some reason and needs to be in goal again Sunday. Kravtsov looks like he’s gonna be a stud. Shame they had to play so bad yesterday!

6. Ranger71

I'd play AG again Sunday. If they were playing tomorrow I'd say no but with the extra rest day ride him against the team he's done well against. Go back to Shest for the Devils stretch.

7. NYR Fan

NYR Fan Well-Known Member

Kravtsov, Kakko, Chytil, Lafreniere (5 points and 3 goals in the past 9 games), Fox, Miller, Buch, Lindgren all arrow pointing up I think. I expect a lot of really good times starting next season.

Exciting time to be a Rangers fan.

mrmel29, Greyvtrayn and Ranger71 like this.
  8. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

You’re not excited over Brett Howden? The coach seems to love that kid for some unknown reason while the kid like Gauthier is sitting in the stands. Good times ahead!

9. Greyvtrayn

Howden and Gauthier both suck. I like the lineup as presently constructed with the exception of Rooney, I could take or leave him. Really liking Blackwell. Dude is playing with the right intensity and determination that is what you want to see from every player. Fun team to watch when they win.

NYR Fan likes this.
  10. NYR Fan

You are so negative Step. It's crazy man. You are really worried about the 12th forward? Gauthier has 2 goals in his NHL career, and you are focused on him being the 12th forward instead of Howden, who cares. The Gauthier rallying cry is funny. To me it has always just been a way to nit-pick things for the guys who want to complain. Gauthier is not a 4th line forward, and I hate to break the news, on this team moving forward he doesn't have a role. I don't see him being in our future top 9. He won't be a 4th line guy. Hence he doesn't have a role.

Whether he is traded or other, who knows, but I can promise you that even though I like Gauthier as a guy with some ability as a potential 8th or 9th forward for a team, he is not making or breaking this team, and he doesn't have a spot on this team long term.

The Rangers will look for an upgrade at C, potentially a solid LD (although this one depends on the kids and on who is available), and I think some gritty talent in the top 9, and maybe some sandpaper for the 4th line. That's it. That's how close this team is.

Enjoy it instead of always finiding something to complain about, like the 12th forward.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
  11. NYR Fan

And BTW, yes they will have games like they did against the Pens Thursday night. They are the youngest team in the NHL, still learning how to win, and guess what...the teams at the top of their division are very good win now teams. It will happen. May even happen tomorrow in the rematch against the Isles. That's life right now for the Rangers.

But overall they have been playing good hockey for a while now, and their record reflects that - 9-4-2 in their last 15 games. Be happy not complaining all the time man. Next year and beyond will be a ton of fun. Enjoy it, don't nit-pick it.

We could be the Flyers - projected to be a top team, currently behind us in the standings.
    We could be the Devs and Sabres, and Coyotes, and Sharks, and Flames and Sens, and Hawks, and Kings etc. rebuilding for a while and we are in a better spot right now than all.

We are in the 3rd season of a reboot, and we are showing signs of being a very good team starting next season. Really, what is there to complain about unless one really wants to find something to complain about.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
  12. Greyvtrayn

I suspect he was being sarcastic.

13. mrmel29

Exactly. Come on chuck, lighten up a bit. And for what it’s worth why couldn’t gautier with his size and speed be a 4th line wing. Kid has potential while howden can’t get out of his own way.

14. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Howden sucks. Period. You don't go back to Georgiev. He's a backup. Everytime he's been given back to back starts, he sucks.

15. NYR Fan

Gauthier has been a rallying cry in here for a long time. I actually think it is something that gets folks in here worked up.

Gauthier is a skill player, not a 4th line type. For his own career and development he is better served in the top 9 for some team, not as the 12th forward on the NYR moving forward.

For us we are better served with a little sandpaper and PK guys on the 4th line, especially given our top 9 skill moving forward. It really is best for both parties. I expect the Rangers to deal off excess forwards for mid picks by Monday. That will free up a spot for a kid like Barron and maybe others. That would be my guess.

Either way, the team is playing well and has a bright future. That is what this board should be excited about, not worried about little nit-picky stuff like the 11th and 12th forwards right now. Be excited people, a great run of Rangers hockey is about to begin. You can see the seeds starting to sprout with the kids, the way they have been handled, and the record/growth over the past 15 games.

16. mrmel29

I would agree dump except for whatever reason he has the isles number. I’d start him Sunday and then ride shesty after that.

17. Ranger71

Georgiev is horrible on true back to backs, but if he's going to be taken seriously as a goalie he should be able to deal with 2 in a row with a day in between.