Rangers-isles

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by mrmel29, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

Weren't you saying that it's the biggest game of the year? They looked like ass from the start. Bitteto? Why the hell was he dressed?

2. NYR Fan

NYR Fan Well-Known Member

Not sure who chuck is. What I saw tonight is the same whiny complaining posters that always seem to come out when the Rangers lose (again 5th time in 21 games in regulation). And even when they win they whine and complain. That's what I saw.

Oh, and on the ice I saw a Rangers team play a very poor game, against a team that took it to them. Playing the AHL soft Devs 4 straight prior to tonight did them no favors, neither did losing Trouba, but they played a very poor game and got what they deserved. Cannot whine about it. They weren't going to win every game, and they got it handed to them. Hopefully the kids learn from it. Move onto the next game.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  3. NYR Fan

Absolutely is was a big game. Their very slim playoff hopes are now fully gone. And I also mentioned early on I didn't like playing Bitetto. But again I am not going to whine and complain and bury the coach every game they lose, or for every decision I don't agree with.

Don't mistake me not whining and complaining about everything, and not ripping the coach as downplaying the importance of the game. Very bad loss. Ends any slim hope.

Hopefully team continues to grow and gain experience that will help them next year and beyond.

4. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

/Thank God the Rangers started drafting some toughness in this years draft. Hopefully, that trend continues. Lemieux was tough but wasn't a heavyweight and he was entirely too stupid hockey sense wise. Hopefully, Cuylle becomes our Tom Wilson and Schneider our Stevens. We need more draft picks like that. Has that pussy Kreider ever thrown a big hit? Guy is a pansy.

5. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Good C draft in the top 10 so hopefully they get one.

6. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Yes. But that won’t be immediate. The immediate will be via trade for one this summer. And can we please end the Blackwell experiment. Get kravtsov up on that line and get him away from the useless howden and Rooney.

7. Ranger71

Right, i just meant to get some C depth going in the farm system as there's basically zero.

8. NYR Fan

Trouba will be out at least a week in concussion protocol you'd have to think. Bitetto should not see the lineup again. So you really have 3 dmen for 2 spots. Hajek, Jones, and Reunanen. Unfortunately all 3 are L's, which means we will only have 1 R dman for the foreseeable future, Fox.

I say you have to give Jones a chance over the next 4 games against the Flyers and Sabres. My initial thought is all 3 will get some PT coming up.

mrmel29 likes this.
  9. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

Yesterday's game....definitely a rude awakening. I didn't see the hit on Trouba but I fucking hated Matt Martin long before then anyway. He's a tough player to play against.
    Have to think Hajek comes back and Reunanen slides in for Trouba.

10. mrmel29

The hit on Martin was clean. Even though trouba saw him coming he must have been off balance at contact. Was surprised he couldn’t get up but once you saw him staggering it was pretty clear he for concussed. We definitely need to get some more physical players in here to compete with teams like the isles, Boston and caps. Next year I’m hoping Robertson and cuyyle can make the jump and possible Schneider also.

11. Ranger71

Trouba is listed as DTD so maybe it's not actually a concussion.

12. mrmel29

71, last guy rangers listed as day to day was Igor Nd he was out weeks. LOL.

13. Ranger71

Yeah, I'd be surprised if it's less than a week. Let him take the rest of the season off if needed.

14. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

Useless little fact here but in every other division the Rangers would be in a playoff position. Useless but, not meaningless.

10 games left and while still technically alive there isn't much hope left. Playing against some tough teams down the stretch. Gotta make hay these next 4 games and really compete in the final 6.

NYR Fan likes this.