RANGERS-LIGHTNING GAME 2

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by mrmel29, May 18, 2015.

1. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I've given up on Nash suddenly breaking out in the playoffs. It has been too many games now. Seven goals in 55 playoff games is a disgrace.

2. Messiah717

They should be ashamed of themselves to be quite honest. Add in the fact that one of Nash's goals was completely useless and you really get the story.

3. chuckd3534

chuckd3534 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I wouldn't bet a nickel on Nash scoring goalS in this series. Just saying we could use it for sure. I wouldn't bet anything on it happening though.

4. Messiah717

There's no polite way of saying it. The guy plays like a complete pussy in the playoffs. He was a beast for 75% of the series and then took a hit and went back to playing timid. How many times do you see him take the outside shot that has no chance instead of taking it hard to the net?

5. chuckd3534

The thing about Nash is even when he wasn't scoring he was getting a lot of chances, now he isn't even getting those, maybe 2 a game.

I really hit the end with Nash on the break against Holtby in game 7 down 1-0. That "move" he made was soft, weak, and scared. That greatly concerned me. He just plays so soft and afraid in the playoffs. That was such weak sh*t that I said wow this guy just doesn't have the makeup mentally to get it done.

Sad...

And MSL is terrible now. I mean he is killing the team. That 1st goal was 100% on him. He wins zero battles. He is terrible. I beg AV get him off the PP and move Miller up and MSL down. And when Zucc is back MSL needs to be scratched. He is killing us, and plays on the 1st PP unit...wake up on that one AV.

6. Messiah717

Like somebody said earlier AV is loyal to a fault. No, you don't want to see a player go out like that but the guy is clearly finished and is hurting the team on top of it. Miller or somebody else couldn't possibly be worse than a guy just not producing at all.

7. NYR2009

NYR2009 Member

I never thought I would say Glass is more valuable than St.Louis.

What I don't get is why make that stupid move on 5:3? Stand in that stupid right corner like you usually do. It is 5:3. You did not play the point on the PP all season, why? That is my biggest problem with that play and with St.Louis. It is one thing where you are old and cannot move, but it is another thing when you are veteran, the oldest on the team and make such a dumb decision. At this point guide others. Use your strengths which is experience to help others score, instead of trying to take carry team yourself.

8. NYR2009

NYR2009 Member

I am not sure if you recover from such a game. I think this is worse than Game 1 vs Caps. Is this a turning point of the series?

9. NYR2009

NYR2009 Member

And I agree, move him down with Glass and Sheppard. I think Miller will do great with Moore and Hagelin. St.Louis is killing this team. I agree with all of you. And... that is exactly why AV has won 3 President's Trophy's in the last 5 years and no cups. His loyalty. I am very mad right now after this game. Plus, Lundqvist hasn't made one big save in this game. Not one. I mean he is awesome and deserves one bad game, so I give him a pass but just stating one fact that noone mentioned during postgame.

10. Disturbed

Disturbed Well-Known Member

Software
    2009 didn't you say the G1 loss vs Wash they couldn't recover?

There's reason for concern but they played the worst gm since Nov.

Flush it and move on. Team is great when they face pressure and adversity. Now they have it.

11. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant
    This team NEVER recovers

12. chuckd3534

Same old story with 2009...LOL.

I hope TB has the same opinion you do buddy. I am not saying the Rangers win this series for sure, TB is a good team, but I can say the Rangers will get their stuff together and play well in this series. There is too much in that lockerroom in everyway for them not to.

This board is funny. You have people talking about sweeps after winning game 1. Now the Rangers do what they ALWAYS do in game 2 at home after winning game 1, and you have people acting as if the sky is falling and saying not sure we recover...LOL.

We missed you after game 1 2009, but we're not surprised to see you after game 2...:).

13. chuckd3534

SIX times in 12 series since the start of 2012 the Rangers won game 1 on home ice only to lose game 2 on home ice. It is the same script every single time in game 2 after winning game 1. To me if you lose 2-1, or 3-2, or 6-2 who cares.

Give TB credit for showing up and playing well last night, but truth be told they weren't anything special.

4 of their 6 goals were on ST's.

Goal 1 MSL takes the puck from the corner, skates to the BL, passes, takes a pass back in the skates, instead of making the safe play tries to get fancy, AND the almost impossible 2 on 0 happens while up 5 on 3...SHG.

Goal 2 sloppy stupid penalties, as well as Stepan has played STOP TRIPPING, lead to a 4 on 3...goal TB.

Goal 3 I think it was Staal falls flat on his face, break out Bolts.

So the Rangers played like trash last night. Not fair to say TB doesn't deserve credit for helping to force that crap play from the Rangers, they deserve full credit for their play last night, but you are kidding yourselves if you think the Rangers showed up with anything last night.

I would expect the Rangers to split in TB, but that isn't a lock and won't be handed to them. They need to go out and earn it. They also need to stay out of the box, and Miller should be with Hags and Moore. We need goals in this series, and MSL is not getting it done. It is truly amazing to see how quickly he slammed into that wall.

So we move forward to tomorrow night. Not sure if the Rangers win or lose, but I am pretty confident they will play much better than last night. From there the chips will fall where they may.

14. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

The offensively inept for the most part canadians beat tampa 6-2 down there and we are the best road team in hockey so they are far from unbeatable there. We will get at least a game down there. AV needs to bench msL except until the hobbit is back who would you even replace him with. He also needs to publicly call out nash to get his big 6'4 240b ass going to the net and scoring some goals which is what he is being paid the big bucks to do.

15. Messiah717

They need to stop the dumb penalties and stay out of the box. This team will continue to kill them if they're constantly on the penalty kill. It's not AV's way to call players out and do anything publicly and that's not going to change. If he's not going to be benched then MSL at the very least needs his minutes diminished and he needs to be moved down. He certainly shouldn't be on the power play.

16. chuckd3534

Pierre McGuire was on TSN1050 this morning and spoke about game 2 between the Rangers and Lightning:
    • He said last night’s dominant victory by the Lighting was due to their performance and not a lack of effort on the Rangers part.
    • On the Rangers mistakes, Tampa “forced a lot those mistakes” and drew them into “silly and selfish penalties.”

17. NYR31

NYR31 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

don't agree with Pierre...i don't think the MSL and Staal turnovers that led to goals were because of TB but just because of poor decisions by the Rangers. And the Lightning had some very dumb penalties as well, so it was not just us who did it.

18. chuckd3534

I actually think Pierre is smart when it comes to this stuff, but here I disagree. YES TB played really well and 100% they deserve full credit, but if you didn't see the Rangers flatter than a pancake I don't know what you are watching.

5 on 3 for the Rangers...allow a 2 on 0...credit TB for that?

Sloppy stick fouls...credit TB for that?

Now TB 100000000% took advantage of the Rangers flatness, so thumbs up for that, but come on now Pierre you are over the top here IMO.

19. chuckd3534

Agree with you for sure 31.

20. Messiah717

Simply put the entire Rangers team played like crap. Last night is on everyone. Nobody who touched that ice is immune from blame for that dreadful performance.